Horniblow Road, Matakohe, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I'm sure it's something like that. I have a feeling I'll have to get a cable to connect it to the comp though. Yay accessories... Does the phone automatically clip the song down for the ringtone, or will it play the whole song if you let it keep ringing?

The cable should have come with the phone?

It plays the whole song if the person on the other end is patient enough. I looked for a song that would alert me to my phone ringing and would be identifiable as mine.

So this. Cool song, too.

YouTube - XTC - Generals and Majors

Erk... exams coming up?

I have more sympathy for people with hangovers since I got food poisoning! I know it's not quite the same thing, but besides that and seasickness a couple of years ago, I hadn't thrown up since I was a kid.

Nah, exams are June 10-21 (hand in on the 10th, hand in on the 11th, exam on the 16th, exam on the 21st.) I have four assignments due in a four day period this week. So I'm about to die.

Ouch, food poisoning? That shit sucks. Did you get nauseous and had to resort to crawling across the floor because you couldn't walk? (Whiskey's FUN.)

The cable should have come with the phone?

It plays the whole song if the person on the other end is patient enough. I looked for a song that would alert me to my phone ringing and would be identifiable as mine.

So this. Cool song, too.

YouTube - XTC - Generals and Majors

Aha! I thought I recognised Richard Branson... :lol: I like that song.

There is another cable I haven't uncoiled from the box yet, but I thought it was earphones... I'll take another look.

Nah, exams are June 10-21 (hand in on the 10th, hand in on the 11th, exam on the 16th, exam on the 21st.) I have four assignments due in a four day period this week. So I'm about to die.

Ouch, food poisoning? That shit sucks. Did you get nauseous and had to resort to crawling across the floor because you couldn't walk? (Whiskey's FUN.)

Eee, that doesn't sound like fun. My assignments were never that close together... Did you get them all at about the same time?

No, I wasn't quite that bad... I prayed to the porcelain god for a long time, and finally attempted to sleep on the couch (so I could be in the air-conditioned lounge room and not die during Melbourne's hottest night on record) with a bucket next to me, which I woke from my fitful doze and used once an hour for the whole night. Which was bad enough.

Aha! I thought I recognised Richard Branson... :lol: I like that song.

There is another cable I haven't uncoiled from the box yet, but I thought it was earphones... I'll take another look.

That would be because Branson's in the video. :p And yeah, XTC are really cool.

I got earphones and a USB to...mini USB? I don't know what they're called, but it's the same plug style that the charger goes in on my phone (as in it goes in the same place as the charger does), so it should be the same. But hey, technology screws with us.

It's been a while since I deliberately listened to U2 at all, and a very long time since I did an albums-in-order thing. Not since well before NLOTH came out, anyway... I don't know what I'll do when I get up to ATYCLB.

Listen to two Doves albums and move onto NLOTH?

That would be because Branson's in the video. :p And yeah, XTC are really cool.

I got earphones and a USB to...mini USB? I don't know what they're called, but it's the same plug style that the charger goes in on my phone (as in it goes in the same place as the charger does), so it should be the same. But hey, technology screws with us.

Well, I figured it was either him or the guy from the Bee Gees who I recognised, and had to look at the info to confirm. *sucks at recognising people*

I think I saw something on the phone's box advertising accessories you could get, including a USB connectivity cable. If that wasn't actually in the box, maybe I'll be lucky and I can use the cable that goes from my comp to the mp3 player, or the one that goes to the external drive... they both look pretty similar. But I'm not expecting Nokia to be so obliging.

Listen to two Doves albums and move onto NLOTH?

You make a compelling argument. Two of anything else would work! *L*

Every so often I try to be forgiving and give ATYCLB another chance (I don't mind most of Bomb in comparison), but it still hasn't clicked for me.

You make a compelling argument. Two of anything else would work! *L*

Every so often I try to be forgiving and give ATYCLB another chance (I don't mind most of Bomb in comparison), but it still hasn't clicked for me.

I do really like Attyclub (oh the horror!), to me it always feels airy and relaxing and there is a fair bit of respectable stuff (BD, Kite, WILATW, New York, TGBHF if you want) among the more boring (Grace, Wild Honey, In a Little While). And whatever you do don't let Axver see this!

Oh, and Doves are all kinds of awesome.

Lost Souls + Kingdom of Rust = :drool:

Eee, that doesn't sound like fun. My assignments were never that close together... Did you get them all at about the same time?

No, I wasn't quite that bad... I prayed to the porcelain god for a long time, and finally attempted to sleep on the couch (so I could be in the air-conditioned lounge room and not die during Melbourne's hottest night on record) with a bucket next to me, which I woke from my fitful doze and used once an hour for the whole night. Which was bad enough.

Got notice of a test at the beginning of semester, got notice of an essay at beginning of semester, got one during the holidays and one was pushed back two weeks. /death

Not heard any Doves stuff, I confess... :reject:

Should definitely check them out. :yes: I've got 3 of the 4 albums and they're all worth it.

If you're looking for individual songs look up Firesuite, The Cedar Room, There Goes The Fear and Spellbound just to name a few. :up:

i'm doing an essay for Media & Comm... we have to answer a bunch of questions based on a scholarly article.

the article i chose studies everyday friendship networks in New Zealand, and NZ uni students' use of mobile phones & texting within these networks.

i have to decide which epistemology has been used in this study: objectivism, constructionism or subjectivism. i've ruled out objectivism, i think, because the object is the mobile phone, and the students surveyed/interviewed associate various different meanings with a mobile phone.

i've neglected this subject though, so i'm only just now researching these epistemologies, and i really can't tell the difference between constructionism and subjectivism and can't decide which of the two is being used, or if both are. (i'm leaning towards constructionism because, as i understand it, the difference between the two is that constructionism says meaning occurs when the subject becomes aware of the object and there is a meaning transfer or some bullshit, and subjectivism says that the object has no meaning whatsoever and the meaning is made by the subject.)

any help appreciated!! :lol:

:scream:

i'm doing an essay for Media & Comm... we have to answer a bunch of questions based on a scholarly article.

the article i chose studies everyday friendship networks in New Zealand, and NZ uni students' use of mobile phones & texting within these networks.

i have to decide which epistemology has been used in this study: objectivism, constructionism or subjectivism. i've ruled out objectivism, i think, because the object is the mobile phone, and the students surveyed/interviewed associate various different meanings with a mobile phone.

i've neglected this subject though, so i'm only just now researching these epistemologies, and i really can't tell the difference between constructionism and subjectivism and can't decide which of the two is being used, or if both are. (i'm leaning towards constructionism because, as i understand it, the difference between the two is that constructionism says meaning occurs when the subject becomes aware of the object and there is a meaning transfer or some bullshit, and subjectivism says that the object has no meaning whatsoever and the meaning is made by the subject.)

Uhh.... :crosseyed:

I'd love to help but you've lost me completely. :lol:

SAY WHAT THE FUCK??

sorry danny i did not compute a word of that. i hope ax or someone can help you !

Back
Top Bottom