Horniblow Road, Matakohe, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to have to bring up that live scoring thing on the AFL's site to at least keep tabs on the game somehow.

(I'm sure there's online streams of radio commentary, but I really don't like radio commentary for any footy code. Cricket, sure, but not footy. I'd rather listen to music.)

Holy fuck, what are Port doing in the final quarter! Did the Crows forget to come back onto the park or something?

Sometimes I wish I never got into AFL, because being so connected to a particular team really hurts badly when they're losing.

Did Port actually win?! I was listening to the end of the 'Roos/Demons game, and they were doing round-the-grounds updates now and then.

Melbourne could have won if they'd been able to keep up that momentum, but North came out firing in the 4th quarter from the sounds of things.

Sometimes I wish I never got into AFL, because being so connected to a particular team really hurts badly when they're losing.

You can be into it without being THAT into it... I was never a passionate supporter, and I take Hawthorn's mediocrity with a shrug these days. That premiership in '08 was nice but I think we peaked too soon... like I know anything about it. *L*

Yeah, and Port are still a fairly average team. Says a lot about us.

You can be into it without being THAT into it... I was never a passionate supporter, and I take Hawthorn's mediocrity with a shrug these days. That premiership in '08 was nice but I think we peaked too soon... like I know anything about it. *L*

Yeah, I delved much too quickly into the "passionate supporter" status. I remember as a 9-year old 2004 was particularly hard since we were losing all the time. Were lucky to have 5 straight years of finals, seeing us win almost every game. But now, we can't even win ONE. At least our first should come against Richmond, if we can't win that then Neil Craig deserves to be sacked.

Yeah, and Port are still a fairly average team. Says a lot about us.

What that game tells me is that they were quite evenly matched... and yes, being evenly matched with a fairly average team isn't exactly inspiring, but the Crows gave Port a run for their money and that's not to be sneezed at.

Yeah, I delved much too quickly into the "passionate supporter" status. I remember as a 9-year old 2004 was particularly hard since we were losing all the time. Were lucky to have 5 straight years of finals, seeing us win almost every game. But now, we can't even win ONE. At least our first should come against Richmond, if we can't win that then Neil Craig deserves to be sacked.

I don't think I have it in me to be that passionate about sport, or much of anything else these days. But I guess while that passion makes it that much worse when your team's losing, it makes it all the better when they are winning. These things all go in cycles, you'll have a crap few years, and you get runs of good years too.

The Richmond supporters may well be saying the same thing...!

What that game tells me is that they were quite evenly matched... and yes, being evenly matched with a fairly average team isn't exactly inspiring, but the Crows gave Port a run for their money and that's not to be sneezed at.

More than that, we should've had the 4 points if it weren't for that last quarter. I was pretty excited for most of the match, saw some great plays, great goals, really got pumped up. The worst thing is all that got broken down in the 4th. Nothing more devastating than that.

Holy shit. Got distracted by some work and just checked the score. How the FUCK did Adelaide let Port blow out the final quarter by that much? Inexcusable.

First 5 minutes of said quarter says it all. 4 goals in that space in time.

Way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Something I'm very familiar with, being a Wellington Hurricanes fan since they began.

More than that, we should've had the 4 points if it weren't for that last quarter. I was pretty excited for most of the match, saw some great plays, great goals, really got pumped up. The worst thing is all that got broken down in the 4th. Nothing more devastating than that.

Yeah, that really does knock the wind out of you. The number of times Hawthorn looked like they were going to win, then it all fell apart... sigh.

Of course, I'd probably welcome them looking like winning at any stage now.

Yeah, that really does knock the wind out of you. The number of times Hawthorn looked like they were going to win, then it all fell apart... sigh.

Of course, I'd probably welcome them looking like winning at any stage now.

They might win tonight.

I'm so keen on watching Alison and Ax watch a Hawks/Dons game together. Any chance of some rival commentary tonight?

The thing is, I don't know squat about football, and I'm really not optimistic about Hawthorn's chances, so it may be a bit anticlimactic from that point of view. Plus I can't watch the game on TV and be on the comp without running from room to room... I'm also far from certain whether my housemates will be watching the game or not. If I do follow it, it'll probably be from a website, or Ax's commentary. *L*

Sweet, found a stream of the Hurricanes vs Chiefs game. Not looking good for the 'Canes though.

Charlotte and I are going to try to watch the Bombers game ...

Belated hellos to Bonnie and Serena :wave:

I'll probably keep an eye on the Esse-DAW/Hawks game, one way or another. *wonders when it's starting*

Back
Top Bottom