Hoon Hay, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
scarfimg.php
:happydance:

:yippie:

Maybe it always was this bad, and I was just too much of a 16 year old fanlad to recognise it eight years ago.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't as bad when I first started posting as it is now (or it was when I last went in there). But maybe I was too naive or whatever 11 years ago!

Someone was telling me last night that Air Asia was offering flights to London for ridiculously low prices (around $250?), but I can't find anything about it in a quick search. Hrm.

The Egypt plan has been suspended indefinitely... my friend's thinking about Scandinavia now. :hmm:

I'm pretty sure it wasn't as bad when I first started posting as it is now (or it was when I last went in there). But maybe I was too naive or whatever 11 years ago!

I honestly think it probably peaked around late 2006/early 2007 ... just look at all the people who still post on other forums, but drifted away from there during 2007. I guess because a lot of us moved on from U2 (or at least from obsession with U2) for various reasons.

Someone was telling me last night that Air Asia was offering flights to London for ridiculously low prices (around $250?), but I can't find anything about it in a quick search. Hrm.

The Egypt plan has been suspended indefinitely... my friend's thinking about Scandinavia now. :hmm:

Not sure I'd be too keen to fly with them anyway, from what I've heard.

And HAIL THE NECROWIZARD!

I honestly think it probably peaked around late 2006/early 2007 ... just look at all the people who still post on other forums, but drifted away from there during 2007. I guess because a lot of us moved on from U2 (or at least from obsession with U2) for various reasons.

Not sure I'd be too keen to fly with them anyway, from what I've heard.

And HAIL THE NECROWIZARD!

I wasn't around in 2006, and was just creeping back to the forum at the start of '07, so I guess I missed its glory days.

Yeah, I did balk a bit at the thought of spending 20 hours on one of their planes, but for $250...! Anyway, seems to be a moot point now.

Yes! :rockon: It will probably be very grim and frostbitten if we still go towards the end of the year.

I will have to buy lots of warm clothes if we do go.

Big smelly hole to the left of me. I'm at the cosgrove tip, about 10 mins from our favorite green day town, dookie!

Ew... well, that's not such an interesting hole in the ground then. Quarries on the other hand... :drool:

:sad: I miss you in gmail.

I has lots of work ... :reject:

Don't feel guilty, it's my bad for being easily distracted. :hug:

Also, I heard Wellington had a smallish earthquake last night, on top of Christchurch copping more aftershocks... those fault lines need to give it a rest already. I didn't hear there was any (more) damage, at least...?

:huh: Jebus. Is there some undiscovered volcano under NZ going through growing pains or something?

There's no way EYKIW was this bad back then. I had it as my homepage at one (sad) stage of my life. Lots of interesting and entertaining conversation, not as much bickering, fun competitions (plus my I-just-listened-to... threads!!! And C0BL_04 :angry:) Now it's a cess pool of boring, pointless arguments, crap jokes and people outraged the homeless guy on the corner said U2 sound like Coldplay.

The only time I spent any extended amount of time in EYKIW is when Bonnie posted the anniversary of TV Gaga thread.

My mum busted her foot. She can barely walk and certainly can't drive. Well, I get to spend time with Dave on his birthday, cause he's driving my ass home.

I really do not like sports day. Repetitive shitty music hurts my head.

Dave serenaded me tonight when he drove me home. :cute:

Also, I heard Wellington had a smallish earthquake last night, on top of Christchurch copping more aftershocks... those fault lines need to give it a rest already. I didn't hear there was any (more) damage, at least...?

Oh Wellington has earthquakes every day. It was just a 4.5, not even newsworthy.

The world is such shit these days. Natural disasters seem so frequent and the middle east could finally get all its anger out and have a therapeutic self destruct and rebuild.

:tsk: Where's that cricket bat you were talking about before?

I still want to smack him with a cricket bat for the fake-out proposal, but I thought it was cute in that "That's adorable, but I still want your nuts on a silver platter" way. I resent him, but it cracked me up cause getting the dude to sing is like getting Axver to sit through One. Near impossible.

Holy fucking shit, the Irish knocked off the Poms in the cricket!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom