Hooker Corner, Indiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you see GAF's posts in the MLB thread today? He used the word "niggas."

I read them, but missed that entirely. :lol:

I've grown fond of the guy, and he looks like a mix between Alan Cumming and Lance if someone told him James Cameron died.

im not that drunk anymore.
i had to come home by 12 or i wouldn't be here.
no i don't have a courtview i just have to work at 8.30 tomorrow, so, getting at the point im not that drunk.

and i am not a stupid blonde im quite smart.

Curfew?

I'll take your word for it.

i know what you mean. i prefer smaller churches; they're much more personal. i've no idea how many members there are of the church i go to. there's so many times for mass, who knows. plus i hardly get to go anymore, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

ha! i've seen all kinds of wafers: i had one in west virginia that i seriously think was just a round of styrofoam, cubes of bread, oh, and GOLDFISH CRACKERS. ahh yes, nothing says "eat the body of christ" like a fucking cheddar-flavoured, fish-shaped cracker.

There's this big Catholic church a block down from me. When I've gone past it on Sundays, it has seemed almost like a ghost town. Just a small gathering of old 70+ Italian women sharing pasta recipes and a couple of young grandsons looking bored.

:lmao: GOLDFISH CRACKERS?! Fucking hilarious.

Did you see GAF's posts in the MLB thread today? He used the word "niggas."

That's a sign of a man getting a bit too comfortable. Glug.

GAF merely pointed out what everyone forgot: the fact that the Sox are going to win future games easily.

I used to apply this logic when discussing the Redskins. Then I watched them play a game.

If it's got Sir Edmund Hillary on it, it's Kiwi. Aussie $5 notes are pink and have the Queen on one side and Parliament House on the other. I'm glad there's some colour being added to US currency, but yeah, it looks really silly. The little dashes of colour to the $20 notes seemed like a paltry attempt to say the least.

I don't know how the blind cope in the US. One person I know here who is totally blind has this little note measuring thing on her wallet. So she just measures each note, since every higher denomination is a little longer than the denomination before it, and knows what she's handing over. She'd be fucked in the US.
hmm, i think it's kiwi. i wish i could remember where i put it. it's in the little plastic slip they come in when you convert money at the airport.

looking on wikipedia, i'm pretty sure it is kiwi as i remember the oval panel things.

and yeah, it is pretty ridiculous how we have braille on so many things, yet there's nothing on money to help them out. not even little braille stampings to notate the denomination of the bill. especially since they keep redoing all the bills, it wouldn't have hurt to have done something to assist them.

There's this big Catholic church a block down from me. When I've gone past it on Sundays, it has seemed almost like a ghost town. Just a small gathering of old 70+ Italian women sharing pasta recipes and a couple of young grandsons looking bored.

:lmao: GOLDFISH CRACKERS?! Fucking hilarious.
my church is pretty packed, and when i go to mass, it's on saturday evenings. so it's an even bigger surprise.

and i know! i'm trying to remember which church that was...i think it was a presbyterian church near my house.

hmm, i think it's kiwi. i wish i could remember where i put it. it's in the little plastic slip they come in when you convert money at the airport.

looking on wikipedia, i'm pretty sure it is kiwi as i remember the oval panel things.

and yeah, it is pretty ridiculous how we have braille on so many things, yet there's nothing on money to help them out. not even little braille stampings to notate the denomination of the bill. especially since they keep redoing all the bills, it wouldn't have hurt to have done something to assist them.

The Aussie one has a little plastic window too, in the shape of what looks to be a bird with a nasty growth out its back. :laugh:

Americans seem really protective about their money, like any change would be sacrilege. I don't get it. The money is clearly in need of improvement and has fallen way behind global standards.

my church is pretty packed, and when i go to mass, it's on saturday evenings. so it's an even bigger surprise.

and i know! i'm trying to remember which church that was...i think it was a presbyterian church near my house.

I think Australia has some of the lowest church attendance in the Western world. Bizarrely enough, there's about three churches on the five minute trip from my place to the supermarket ... none of which ever seem to get much attention from beyond a small core of about 20 people who give a shit.

I once found some proselytisation pamphlet on a tram. It cracked me up so much that I kept it. It was fundietastic.

The Aussie one has a little plastic window too, in the shape of what looks to be a bird with a nasty growth out its back. :laugh:

Americans seem really protective about their money, like any change would be sacrilege. I don't get it. The money is clearly in need of improvement and has fallen way behind global standards.
well fuck.

i could swear the window on mine was prismatic, like the colours changed depending on how the light hit it. i could be wrong though and am just thinking of my credit cards :der:

i know, i don't get it either. then again, i usually carry around very little cash so it doesn't affect me very much. but still, it should be changed.

I think Australia has some of the lowest church attendance in the Western world. Bizarrely enough, there's about three churches on the five minute trip from my place to the supermarket ... none of which ever seem to get much attention from beyond a small core of about 20 people who give a shit.

I once found some proselytisation pamphlet on a tram. It cracked me up so much that I kept it. It was fundietastic.
:lol:

OK folks, I better go shopping before it gets any later. See you in 45-50 minutes or so. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom