Hoodoo Gurus, yes.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
Anyone besides me? This band is fun. And I paid $20 for an import copy of their new record, which should be here soon.
'
I know they opened for U2 back in 87 in Scotland I think? Come Anytime, A 1,000 Miles Away, Bittersweet, Miss Freelove '69, Get High. GREAT rock band from Australia. Better than AC/DC or INXS.

wow- the gururs are ok, I wouldnt say they are better than ACDC or INXS they rock, it would be interesting to know what their new stuff sounded like....I gotta give it to them though for making a comeback though, they must know some people in high places as they were given a good spot on the Big day out tour this year, main stage and all, so who are they shagging??????:huh:

Any Australian over the age of 20 with an interest/knowledge in music will know who they are. MrBrau, had you heard them before getting this cd? I'm surprised if you have.
I dont agree they're better than INXS, and AC/DC are too different to compare to.
Typical 80's Aussie rock though. Very typical, but very solid.
If you ever want suggestions for other staple pub rock from their era, let us know...:slant:

Sorry, I'm not mocking you, its just so strange to hear an o/s 'er recommending them :D Try and get Electric Soup and if you can the B-Sides double of this called Gorilla Biscuit.

Flash back. I can remember when they used to be a punk band in Perth - not that I saw them.

I cant recall what they used to be called. This is going to frustrate me all night I can see. :madspit:

Thank gawd for the internet. Problem solved

The genesis of the Hoodoo Gurus' sound lies in Perth punk bands The Victims and Scientists. After a stink with fellow Perth punk-popsters Manikins, Faulkner travelled to the USA. Upon his return, Faulkner, baker and Radalj relocated to Sydney where the three musicians formed Le Hoodoo Gurus on 1 January 1981.

It was The Victims I was thinking of.

I can sleep now.

I think MrBrau that a trip back in time would be beneficial. Most of the songs you listed are what I would personally consider crap songs and where about the time I lost interest in the gurus.

Try Tojo, Lelani, etc. eg the ep that came before their first album and their first album.

I bought the double album "Do The Pop!" a year or 2 ago
it's an excellent compilation of aussie garage rock form the 70's and the 80's

includes: The Saints, Radio Birdman, Psycho Surgeons, The Victims, The Scientists, New Race, The Hoodoo Gurus, Minuteman, Lime Spiders, Screaming Tribesmen, Died Pretty etc

:up:

I bought Magnum Cum Louder back in 89. Then Blow Your Cool, then Kinky. I had Stoneage Romeos and Mars Needs Guitars on tape. Lost them, now upgrading to CD.

Back
Top Bottom