Honestly, when was the last time...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dalton

Blue Crack Addict
Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Ok, so I was just looking at Rollingstone's (who cares - I know) Top 50 Albums of 2005 and I got depressed. What a crap list. A few good albums, a few decent albums and a load of crap.

But, it got me to thinking, when was the last time I bought an album that took my breath away. I mean an album that was so incredible that you couldn't believe it.

I realized mine was Kid A. Do you know how LONG ago that was?

So, hopefully I missed something. What was the last album that you bought that took your breath away? It was great when you bought it and it is great now.

For me, it was september 2004 when I got The Arcade Fire. It was reinforced when I saw them live a coupe months later. Their live show really blew me away like no one since U2.

Ryan Adams - Gold
I never get tired of listening to it,an album full of great tunes & beautiful melodies.Pity he lost his way a bit,but his new album 29 is supposed to bring back to form.

happens to me everytime i buy a new u2 album....as much as i love some other bands and no matter how much some people may dislike the u2 album, when i first here those songs, there's no other feeling like it....

OK Computer and Amnesiac. bought both in october 2003 and am yet to sit down to a new album and think 'This is the greatest music I've ever heard' again!

U2One said:
happens to me everytime i buy a new u2 album....as much as i love some other bands and no matter how much some people may dislike the u2 album, when i first here those songs, there's no other feeling like it....

:up: Given.I must admit,on first play,the first 6 tunes of How To Dismantle.... did that to me,more than any other first play of previous U2 albums.

Same, I know HTDAAB isn't their greatest album, I remember first listening to it and being like "woah, this is amazing". Now, I've heard some of the songs (ie Vertigo) one too many times, but essentially, the record is pretty damn fantastic.

Believe it or not HTDAAB and ATYCLB blew me away. Thats what they have done to me for the past well years....:ohmy: When I first listened to HTDAAB it actually made me cry.:sad:

Hard to say, what with me downloading things before I buy them.

That said, 'Funeral'. I'd already heard most of the album when I bought it but the first time I put it in and 'Tunnels' came on I was still transfixed.

Then I lent it to someone to tell him how great the Arcade Fire are and he hasn't returned it yet. :angry:

JCOSTER said:
Believe it or not HTDAAB and ATYCLB blew me away. Thats what they have done to me for the past well years....:ohmy: When I first listened to HTDAAB it actually made me cry.:sad:
First listen to the album Miracle Drug and Sometimes did me in...beautiful :)

gareth brown said:
OK Computer and Amnesiac. bought both in october 2003 and am yet to sit down to a new album and think 'This is the greatest music I've ever heard' again!

actually, wait. I did feel pretty much the same first listening to Devo's "Q. Are We Not Men? A. We Are Devo!" and "Duty Now for the Future" LPs earlier this year :up:

Silent Alarm by Bloc Party did that earlier this year.

Later in the year, it was an album by an independent Adelaide artist called Peter McIver "Before it Ends, Let it Begin".

Mainstream this year did fuck all.

HelloAngel said:
This year is was BRMC's Howl. I still can't get over how beautiful it is. :sad: :heart:

roger that. i was completely dumbfounded. the last album before brmc that did it to me was 'you forgot it in people' by broken social scene. that was a jawdropper. i couldn't turn it off!

Back
Top Bottom