homemade christmas gifts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
I am going to a christmas potluck where we've got the whole secret santa thing going on. of course the catch is that the gifts are supposed to be homemade, which is a bit scary. The dude I got is, well, a dude.. which makes things a little more complicated too, cause there's a lot of crafty things that a guy wouldn't appreciate as much as a girl, and being a guy myself, i'm not the most crafty person out there.

So I'm just wondering what are some good homemade gift ideas, and this will be helpful for all of you looking to save some money, too.

I think I may make a mix CD, but I don't know if that's enough, especially not knowing musical taste of the guy so well. Though if I decorated it particularly nicely perhaps that would cover it, and I do take my music seriously. But what are some other suggestions, knitting a scarf might work!

I'd go with a mix CD...sure you have no idea of musical tastes, but it's a nice gesture, and it may go over better than you think.

mix cd sounds good. try and find out from someone else what his music preferences are, if you can. good luck!

that's what i wanted to hear! ;)

i'm still rather curious of what other things might be possible. new age sculptures i suppose, or art of some sort. homemade food can always be a winner, too. man i could bake a cd in a cake!! :wink:

just give him some cash

if you work, well then you make money, so people won't be able to say you didn't make it

and everyone loves cash

I love the idea of a mix CD, but if you're still wanting ideas for something 'craftier,' I'd go to your local craft store (like Michael's or Hobby Lobby here in the States) and just see what kind of stuff they have.

I like the idea of the CD, however, if you are unable to find out what kind of music he likes, then the idea of food is always good... people like getting yummies during the holiday season, and you can always decorate a nice tin or something to put the baked goods in.

Baking something is good, and there are plenty of breads and cakes that taste great and are really easy to make. Same with jams and jellies. Just make sure your Secret Santa person doesn't have any food allergies or is on Adkins and doesn't eat carbs, don't want to give them something they can't enjoy.

MarthaStewartPrisonLiving.jpg

:wink: Well, I plan on giving whatever I can 'make or bake'! that works for me cuz I am very artistic, but making a personal Cd would me nice. Is he into sports? Most guys are!Maybe a Cd with "Who let the dogs out" and other related songs? lol:wink: and hey, that idea for spicy nuts could be good, but on a diet? hmmh?;)

:lmao: :up: HeadIAS ur absolutely Nuts!lol! That is so funny and sooo not the point!! rotfl! but hey, I WAS thinking maybe it wouldn't be so bad if MS ended up there-look at all the good she could do!!lol I must be just as mad!! lol:lmao: ;)

SkeeK said:

I think I may make a mix CD, but I don't know if that's enough, especially not knowing musical taste of the guy so well. Though if I decorated it particularly nicely perhaps that would cover it, and I do take my music seriously.

Make it a double cd and call it a day. You'll even have fun doing it. You have eclectic taste and I suspect you'd make an awesome mix regardless of what his tastes are.

Were they the clay ashtrays zoney? :cute: I remember making a clay ashtray type thing once when I was in Primary 3 (I was 6)...it looked more like a mound of clay.... :ohmy:

Why not make an Xmas songs cd with all those classic christmas tunes ilke Salde and shakin stevens and bing crosby end er my Dad told me to put Elvis on our Christmas compilation "Blue Christmas" I think he missed me when I said I wanted it to be cheery and upbeat.

Back
Top Bottom