Holiday etiquette poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Return the plate?

• Yes, it probably belongs to a set

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • No. If they didn't want you to keep it, they would have used a paper plate

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

BAW

The Flower
Your next door neighbor gives you a plate of homemade cookies on a very nice Christmas plate. Not a paper or plastic plate, but a real, decorative dinner plate.

Do you return the plate when the cookies are gone?

i'd say it's a gift, keep it :happy:

you could always give it back to them as part of a gift next year :sexywink: :laugh:

I'd return it.

If it's a gift, they'll insist you keep it, so you should at least make the offer. :) Then they won't be mad at you if they DID want it back.

since voting is never enough in these types of threads, I will now provide you with my personal opinion for everyone to read: I agree with bonoslovestalker!

:D

:D

:ohmy::heart::hyper:

by the way, dearest zoneyslovestalker......

sidenote: I have been spending time with a young member of the opposite sex who is about to start a similar program to which you are finishing. :sexywink::up:

bonosicyzone! :laugh:

Okay...here is what actually happend. The neighbor gave us the cookies, I told Mr. B that he had to return the plate when he took our gift over and Mrs. Neighbor told him we were supposed to keep it.

He came home and gave me the :eyebrow: so I decided to ask everyone here.

I always thought the plate should be returned. :shrug: :reject:

My version - I told BAW it was a gift -- "no, take it back before we break it or she asks for it!

But yes, I did walk it back after washing it...I handed Crazypants (our nickname because he wears those weirdass print pants from the 70's) a box of cookies and told him in my best Eddie Haskell imitation "here's your plate, thank you, the treats were very nice!"

He looked at me like I was from Mars - he says, "that plate is for you!" Of course it is,,,how silly...walks back to house with head down...

He said that and all I heard was the Docent telling Pee Wee Herman "why, silly, there's no basement at the Alamo!" :(

Gives BAW the :madspit: :mad: :huh: :sad:

AV's girl was the closest..!!! :wink:

LOL! Thanks for the shout-out.

I've never heard of someone *giving* a real plate with the cookies. Whenever we get treats, it's always on a paper plate. :hmm:

I think LMPA's Aragorn avatar is better than mine! :der:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom