Hogzilla Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
D8PBKB5G0.jpg

Boy Bags Wild Hog Bigger Than 'Hogzilla'

May 25 04:21 PM US/Eastern
By KATE BRUMBACK
Associated Press Writer

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) - Hogzilla is being made into a horror movie. But the sequel may be even bigger: Meet Monster Pig. An 11-year-old Alabama boy used a pistol to kill a wild hog his father says weighed a staggering 1,051 pounds and measured 9-feet-4 from the tip of its snout to the base of its tail. Think hams as big as car tires.
If the claims are accurate, Jamison Stone's trophy boar would be bigger than Hogzilla, the famed wild hog that grew to seemingly mythical proportions after being killed in south Georgia in 2004.

Hogzilla originally was thought to weigh 1,000 pounds and measure 12 feet in length. National Geographic experts who unearthed its remains believe the animal actually weighed about 800 pounds and was 8 feet long.

Regardless of the comparison, Jamison is reveling in the attention over his pig, which has a Web site put up by his father—http://www.monsterpig.com —that is generating Internet buzz.

"It feels really good," Jamison, of Pickensville, said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press. "It's a good accomplishment. I probably won't ever kill anything else that big."

Jamison, who killed his first deer at age 5, was hunting with father Mike Stone and two guides in east Alabama on May 3 when he bagged Hogzilla II. He said he shot the huge animal eight times with a .50- caliber revolver and chased it for three hours through hilly woods before finishing it off with a point-blank shot.

Through it all there was the fear that the animal would turn and charge them, as wild boars have a reputation of doing.

"I was a little bit scared, a little bit excited," said Jamison, who just finished the sixth grade on the honor roll at Christian Heritage Academy, a small, private school.

His father said that, just to be extra safe, he and the guides had high-powered rifles aimed and ready to fire in case the beast with 5- inch tusks decided to charge.

With the pig finally dead in a creek bed on the 2,500-acre Lost Creek Plantation, a commercial hunting preserve in Delta, trees had to be cut down and a backhoe brought in to bring Jamison's prize out of the woods.

It was hauled on a truck to the Clay County Farmers Exchange in Lineville, where Jeff Kinder said they used his scale, which was recently calibrated, to weigh the hog.

Kinder, who didn't witness the weigh-in, said he was baffled to hear the reported weight of 1,051 pounds because his scale—an old, manual style with sliding weights—only measures to the nearest 10.

"I didn't quite understand that," he said.

Mike Stone said the scale balanced one notch past the 1,050-pound mark, and he thought it meant a weight of 1,051 pounds.

"It probably weighed 1,060 pounds. We were just afraid to change it once the story was out," he said.

The hog's head is now being mounted on an extra-large foam form by Jerry Cunningham of Jerry's Taxidermy in Oxford. Cunningham said the animal measured 54 inches around the head, 74 inches around the shoulders and 11 inches from the eyes to the end of its snout.

"It's huge," he said. "It's just the biggest thing I've ever seen."

Mike Stone is having sausage made from the rest of the animal. "We'll probably get 500 to 700 pounds," he said.

Jamison, meanwhile, has been offered a small part in "The Legend of Hogzilla," a small-time horror flick based on the tale of the Georgia boar. The movie is holding casting calls with plans to begin filming in Georgia.

Jamison is enjoying the newfound celebrity generated by the hog hunt, but he said he prefers hunting pheasants to monster pigs.

"They are a little less dangerous."

___

On the Net:

http://www.monsterpig.com

http://www.thelegendofhogzillathemovie.com

Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)

looks like they've already pulled this magnificent story back, justin :(

Last edited:
come on, an 11-year-old could easily kill an animal that size with a pistol. and of course, any father would equip his 11-year-old son with a loaded gun.

i cannot believe people are so sceptical about what they read on the internets.

That's one hell of a pistol, he must be a great shot.

Good thing he can claim such glory at a young age, for he won't live too long eating all that bacon.

Or the National Enquirer.

Is this why Interference became

INTERFERENCE.COM
U2 Fans, Pop Culture Webzine, & More
?

There's nothing in there about U2---just a collection of U2 fans posting random crap. :scratch:

Utoo said:
Or the National Enquirer.

Is this why Interference became

?

There's nothing in there about U2---just a collection of U2 fans posting random crap. :scratch:

thank god, because for a brief moment, i thought that boy had killed bono.

:uhoh:

Negative Comments & e-mails

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED NOT PROUD! WHY DIDNT YOU JUST PUT YOUR NAME ON WITH MAJIC MARKER TO SHOW YOU COULD "HAVE" KILLED HIM BUT THAT YOU WERE A BETTER PERSON THAN TO TAKE HIS LIFE. SENSELESS AND SHAMEFUL> I HAVE 4 GRANDSONS AND 2 GRANDDAUGHTERS AND THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN TAUGHT TO RESPECT ANIMALS AND TO SHELTER THEM, NOT KILL THEM. I HAVE ADOPTED A DOG FROM AN ABUSE CENTER 9 YRS. YRS. I WOULD IMAGINE THE DOG LIVED WITH A CRUEL FAMILY SUCH AS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY FROM THE WAY THE ANIMAL LOOKED.I DONATE TO 6 ANIMAL FACILITIES WOLVES,ELEPHANTS.BIG CATS, HORSES, CATS, DOGS AND I TAKE FOOD AND TOYS AND BLANKETS, ETC. TO HUMANE SOCIETY. PROUD OF YOURSELF YOU SHOULD BE VERY ASHAMED. HOW MANY OTHER ANIMALS HAVE YOU CAUGHT OR OUTRAN AND FOR NO REASON KILLED THEM. MAYBE SOMEDAY SOMEONE WILL OUTRUN YOU AND GUESS WHAT I HOPE?

FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING IDIOT!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?? YOU LITTLE FAT ASS PUNK!!! THINK YOUR SO COOL CUZ YOU SHOT A HUGE PIG! JUST BECAUSE IT WAS DIFFERENT FROM OTHER PIGS DOESNT MEAN THAT IT DOESNT HAVE A LIFE, A MATE, A FAMILY!!!! HOW WOULD U LIKE IT IF U WERE KILLED FOR NO REASON OTHER THAN UR FAT!?! I WOULD SURE BE HAPPY!
I blacked out the bad words to post this one. I am however sharing his e-mail address with you, it is: psychosam18@gmail.com

what the fucks wrong with u pig haters! what did that piggy do to you!? I hope your happy. a pig like that doesn't come along to often. but did you tag it for research? no. did you study it for science? no. did you let it free and let it go home to its family? no. yeah jerk, go be proud of killing a nice animal. I can imagine you now! "dude! check it out! I just killed one of the biggest pigs in the world! doesn't that make me cool or something!?" I hope that the pig goes to heaven and you don't. can U imagine what you put that pig through? that's horrible! you people disgust me! screw u pig haters! i hope you go to jail for being a retard and killing that pig! honestly, i was going to write more hateful things about you, but your not worth it. so thanks. thank for killing that wonderful pig, and thanks for wasting my time. and thanks for being a jerk.

let the flaming begin (on me that is) but that in no way is hunting, that's friggin torture. I hope someday that 11 year old kid has the honor of experiencing being shot for 3 hours as well (yeah, I said it!)
I'd like to say that I'm surprised that someone named "Bubba" aired it, but I'm not. BTW, I'm not kidding....here's hoping for a wonderful hunting accident one day!
http://www.beckett.com/beckettforum/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1414009&p=2

I am not an active animal rights activist but I believe in "compassionate killing". I hope the thoughts of the 3 hours of suffering you inflicted on this animal with your 16 gunshot wounds will haunt you for for the rest of your life.

what did that pig do to you? jerk

I am appalled!! Why would you want to hunt this pig in the first place. Of course the pig ran for at least a mile, it was trying to get away from a crazed killer. If you just wanted to kill the pig why didn’t you use something to kill it instantly instead of torturing the poor thing for three hours. What kind of “pig” are you and what kind of parents do you have that will allow this and glorify it. Shame on you and shame on Rick and Bubba for expressing their excitement in this massacre.

Did it make you feel good to kill?

Just a quick question, You attend a Christian college and yet kill so freely. Does not the Old Testament say ‘do unto others’ I have To ask the question, if said boar ran for 3 hours, Would it be ‘do unto others BEFORE ‘or ‘AS they would unto you?’ To experience the kill is exhilarating ( I know from hunting boars in Australia myself ) But, is it worth the moment to take a life as it is to spend an eternityin damnation for breaking one of the original commandments “thou shall not kill”. I have accepted my eternity, have you?

Positive Comments

Hey buddy,
Congrats on the awesome kill you should be proud to bag such a trophy boar I am not ashamed to say I am envious of you,so from here on out you shall be officially called "THE MAN" and let no one tell you other wise and for all of the PETA goons let me say this in Alabama if you threaten a child you best be looking over your shoulders because as "THE MAN" has demostrated we don't stop until what we are after is down and hanging on our walls or sitting by our fireplace and for your information I too am a member of PETA (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS) AND ONCE AGAIN GREAT JOB JAMISON!!!!! Your fan, Joseph Kilpatrick

I heard your story on Rick & Bubba a few weeks ago. Wow! Congratulations! I can't imagine what was going thru your mind when that big pig stepped out. That is an experience you will never forget. My husband and I and our 2 girls that are 11 & 12 hunt and fish. Both our girls took their first deer season before last and we were so proud of them! We never pushed them into it, they were just interested in trying it. That's the way that God intended it...Man (human) is superior to animals. In the Bible you can read about animal sacrifices to God. It's the natural order of things. Don't listen to the emails from PETA's. They are uneducated and have been taught wrong all their lives. Evidently they have never read the passage in the Bible in Genesis 26 that says… Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” What do you think they would do if they HAD to hunt or fish for their meals? Starve I guess! They are threatening you because they don't know any other way but violence. Now…how is that 'ethical treatment'? If they are so worried about hurting the animals, why would they wish a hunting accident on you or hope something bad happened to hunters? If we didn't thin the population of animals & fish there would be so many that they would all starve to death. Is that ethical? NO!! I guess in their minds, people and animals are all on the same level. They should learn some PETH…People for the Ethical Treatment of Humans!! Congratulations to you and Happy Hunting! Jennifer

Kudos to you on your trophy kill. Sorry to say, but there will always be someone who tries to steal your thunder when something positive happens. Stay strong in your beliefs. I am the mother of 4 sons and the grandmother of 14. Our most memorable days as a family have been hunting and fishing. Ignore the bleeding hearts, you are following God’s plan. At least we FANATIC hunters don’t wish death and torture to a precious 11 yr. old child of God. Happy Hunting, Jamison!!!! Aletha Jackson

I wouldn't be so quick to judge the kid for the 16 rounds he used. Sometimes animals do funny things when you shoot them. I've seen a veterinarian shoot a cow 8 times with a .45! Finally went to the truck and got a 44 mag lever action to put her down. We can scream ethics all we want, but the bottom line is that we are never GUARANTEED a clean kill. At least the kid followed up with his first shot and continued to try and finish it off. An unethical hunter would have just let the wounded animal walk.

I just wanted you to know you did a fabulous job in bringing the BIG PIG down. Your critics have no earthly idea the feelings and emotions involved in making shots like you did AND with a pistol. Pistols are not the easiest of weapons to use. If your critics have so much mouth and nerve to attack you, how come they aren't protecting the killings in Iraq? You would think human life is more precious than a pig. Then again, maybe not. Just remember you are in the same group with Daniel Boone, Davy Crocket, Sergeant York, and Audie Murphy, all hunters and marksmen, which isn't a bad place to be.. .Sincerely, C. Holder

Jamison, I would like to congratulate you on your harvest. You not only harvested a trophy hog you have surely cut down on the massive devastation that these feral hogs do to the other natural resources. Pay no mind to the negative comments that you have received from the animal rights folks, don't blame them for their ignorance and their failure to understand logical thinking and rational decision making. I nearly fell out of my chair reading the statements that they made. These people have no earthly clue of the importance of hunting and fishing, or to the benefits to the resource itself that the hunter and fisherman provide. You are off to an excellent start in your hunting career and I hope that the negative thoughts of irrational folks does not impede you in the least. Once again congrats to your trophy kill, and keep up the good work.

Dale Starry
img403/4301/logosighc9.png
River Rat Bowfishing

I am not sure if this is Neg or Positive But any way I did want to comment. I do think this was unbelievable and I am glad that know one was hurt by this animal I do agree that it would have been a excellent specimen for research. (even dead) And I do hate killing or cruel treatment of any animal and I do agree if you are a hunter then you should eat what you kill, and not just for trophy. But I also know that hunting is apart of Human History. So you must be proud. Just remember don’t ever laugh at death of Gods creation just be thankful and proud of life he gives.

Congrats buddy! That thing is ridiculous! I shot one a couple years ago in Texas, and it was a mature pig at 350lbs with 3 inch cutters. Wow! Please publish more of the email addresses of the folks making negative comments.
To all those loser PETA folks...I hunt and kill deer, ducks, pigs, turkey, quail...anything that is legal to hunt, and eat them every year! Go sit on a post you losers! You are probably all failures at everything you have ever done in your life. It's ok. You have no argument whatsoever! Hunting has been a tradition around the globe for thousands of years. How do you think your ancestors survived? Tell you what, you threaten one of my family members the way you did this kid and I'll be sure we run into each other one day.
Daniel

Hello Jamison,
Excellent trophy boar, your shooting skills are to be commended, I am sure it took a lot of nerve to place those shots. From a fellow Alabamian, Ron Adkins, Kandahar, Afghanistan

Dude! That is a monster! I can’t imagine seeing that come out of the woods in front of me. I am a hunter and sportsmen of all trades. I have hunted all over the world and never have I seen such a huge pig. I have hunted Black bear in the great state of Maine and the biggest I have seen is only half that size. You should be proud and your father as well, that you had the courage to pull the trigger and stalk an animal of that caliber (Especially with a pistol). Disregard all of those negative comments you received from other people and stay true to yourself and family. Your father has taught you well.
TSGT Richard (Bam-Bam) Smith USAF

Please post the email address of all of the negative comment people. I would love to ask them a few questions.
Congrats, Jonathon
Thomasville, Ga

It is amazing that people who are so concerned with the pig's life would want a human to die in a "hunting accident". That is a sick mind and they have a mental illness and they should seek professional help. Good Job on this kill. There is one less dangerous beast out there that I have to worry about.

Daniel

boy just do me a favor by not listening to these bleeding heart, tree hugging, bambi loving, stupid idiots. you done good and your daddy done good by having you out hunting. keep hunting and keep enjoying it.

signed spud garnett

Jamison, I just received the e-mail about your pig!! I had no idea that you did that. I am very very proud of you. That is so awesome. I am spreading the word about it. Many people don't believe me until I convince them that you are my cousin. My boyfriend's dad is a huge hunter just like you and Uncle Micheal and he was amazed. He is telling all of his hunting club buddies about it. I loved the webpage too by the way! Oh and disregard any negative feedback you get from anyone, because they are just jealous! Again, I am so PROUD OF YOU! Take care and tell the girls I said Hi and I love you all. Write back when you get a chance, because I'd love to hear from you. By the way ya'll let me know when ya'll go out on the river I'd love to go with ya'll. Be good and take care.

I just wanted to extend my congratulations to you for your awesome trophy. I have read some of the negative comments that people have left for you, and am angered by the ignorance of these folks. But, anyway you did an excellent job and deserve all of the accolades you receive. Good luck huntin'.
Sincerely,

Chris Brunson

I would have admired your kill and not have normally sent a congratulations but after reading the negative comments I found myself needing to. Good for you, that is a trophy and a memory I am sure you will cherish the rest of you life. I am also impressed that you are that proficient with a hand gun. We need more guys like you in society that know what a weapon is supposed to be used for and not the miss guided individuals the are sensationalized in the news. Good Job Young Man. Best of luck in the future.

Bob

I am not a hunter but I am not a "freak" animal rights activist. People made some cruel comments on the negative emails page. All I have to say is
that God created animals for men and their families to live off of. Yes, some are pets and some are protected. But, last time I checked pigs are
not endangered and I am sure that half of the "pig lovers" that made negative comments are big sausage and bacon eaters. Keep your chin up.
God won't send anyone to Hell for killing a pig. If that was the case, allof us that have hit animals in the road would be goners.

Congrats,
Joni K. Weeks

I enjoyed LMAO at the negative comments. Please continue to post them and please post a few of positive emails also. I hope people don’t take them as conceit on your part but, I would like to think there are more positive emails than negative. Again, congrats on your successful hunt.PS. If PETA comes after you; I have a place you can hide in Prattville. J //SIGNED//

Bo Thompson

Excellent, I would love to have seen the look on your face that big daddy walked out. I guess you want need any bacon for a while.

Don't worry about the negative email I bet most of those people wear leather shoes and eat meat.
Congrats,

Skip Davis

HI, JAMISON .I READ ALL THE BAD COMMENTS DON'T WORRY THEY ARE JUST MAD BECAUSE IT WAS NOT THEM THAT SHOT THE PIG. IF HUNTING IS WHAT YOU LIKE DOING WELL DO IT. AT LEAST YOU ARE NOT OUT SELLING DRUGS , OR ROBBING PEOPLE. JUST BE SAFE WHEN YOU HUNT. I USE TO LIVE IN ANNISTON 5 YEARS AGO AND IF I WOULD HAVE SEEN THAT THING I WOULD HAVE PASSED OUT (LOL)!!!!!!!.BUT PEOPLE NEED TO REMEMBER HUNTING IS A SPORT. LOOK AT IT THIS WAY YOU MIGHT HAVE SAVED SOME ONES LIFE NO TELLING WHAT THAT THING COULD HAVE DID IF HE HAD GOTTEN IN THE CITY . HOLD YOUR HEAD UP AND KEEP HUNTING. GOD BLESS YOU AND HUNTING TRIPS JUST BE SAFE.

That article and picture were in our local paper today, too. That hog has been midning its own damned business and living his own little life while he grew. The kid was quoted as saying, "This is the biggest thing I've ever killed!" Hmmmm . . . I can't help wondering what he will kill for his next thrill . . . . :mad:

^ nothing!

Justin24 said:

This is truly a sad story about deceit and MURDER!

Here is a VERY happy picture of the kid and the hog just last summer at a baseball game promoting vegetarian foods sold at Whole Foods.

Now, the little bastard chased his friend through the woods, shot her a handful of times and is now having her head mounted as a trophy and making 500 pounds of sauage.

IMG_4861-vi.jpg

R.I.P. (the youthful friendship AND innocence) :sad:

flybabe said:
What do you do for a living Justin?

Why does it matter? But if you want to know I am going to school at city college of San Francisco and I hope to transfer to either SF state or Boise State. Right now I work for a security company and I am being contracted out by Symantec Corporation (Norton Anti-virus).

U2Man said:

thank god, because for a brief moment, i thought that boy had killed bono.
:uhoh:
I almost choked on my own tounge. I lol'd so hard. And I hate myself for it.
I'll redeem myself by mourning Bon--the piggy! :happy:

Zootlesque said:
So why is this part 2? What's Hogzilla part 1? I'm confused.

It's like Plan 9 from Outer Space. You just don't know bout Plans 1 - 8.

This means Justin is our Ed Wood, Jr. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom