Hockey is back!!! 2006-2007: GO OILERS!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Freaking Thibault! Slide out of the net first before giving up to the refs that you didn't stop the puck :(

everyone won in the east today.

tampa's no longer in a safe spot, that's for sure. they really shit the bed in the second half of tonite's game... that's gonna hurt them.

Looks like Hockey Night in Canada is safe on CBC. There was some speculation the Saturday night NHL broadcast rights would go elsewhere, but everything came together, and a new deal was signed. Good for them. Aside from Don Cherry, the whole show is pretty amazing, and a real piece of living Canadian history.

Double-headers :drool:

Along with the news, came this development:

"...CBC will introduce free streaming internet feeds of any game CBC broadcasts from anywhere in Canada as a part of the agreement announced yesterday that will keep the NHL on the public broadcaster through the 2013-14 season."

"We should make our content available to Canadians in whatever way at whatever time in whatever manner they find most convenient," CBC executive vice-president Richard Stursberg said.

Live laptop hockey :love:

Full story here:
http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/...=e8c13b61-9eb8-4b6c-b737-bccf0ef3946d&k=19255

Uber, I'm with you. The Isles got hit with the injury bug at the wrong time. Plus, I think Simon's ban couldn't have happened at a worse time. The Isles were still in contention before he got banned. Plus, DP's concussion really hurt when Dunham couldn't get it done as the backup. The Isles need a better backup.

I would like to have whatever Lamoriello is smoking. This just does not make any sense! Why fire a coach three or four games prior to the playoffs and when your team is fighting for second place overall in the conference?

Devils fire Julien in a surprise move

Canadian Press
4/2/2007 1:09:31 PM

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (CP) - Lou Lamoriello is back behind the bench in New Jersey.

The playoff-bound Devils have fired head coach Claude Julien with less than a week to go in the regular season with the veteran GM Lamoriello taking over for the second straight season.

Lamoriello also stepped behind the bench last season after Larry Robinson stepped down as coach in December.

The surprising move Monday comes with the Devils second in the Eastern Conference with a 47-24-8 record and 102 points. The Devils have won four of their last five games, including Sunday's 3-1 win over Boston. They went 6-6-2 in March while battling key injuries to Brian Gionta, John Madden and Patrik Elias.

Julien, a former Montreal Canadiens coach, took over the Devils on June 13, 2006, after Lamoriello relinquished the coaching duties.

It's reminiscent of the 1999-2000 season when the Devils fired head coach Robbie Ftorek on March 23 and went on to win the Stanley Cup under Robinson that spring.

Canucks/Kings game on Tuesday was fantastic. :up:

Tonight's game? Not so much. We lose 3-1 to the Avs. :angry: Hopefully Saturday will give us a win, and the NW Div.

ladywithspinninghead said:

Oh, ha ha, I was implying that was a poor performance by the Canadian teams (the Habs for sure but the Leafs I'm assuming from the final score)

I'm an Islander's fan, so I was hoping you were correct and that the Isles get that 8th spot. And we need the Leafs to win tomorrow, hence the GO LEAFS GO chant. :D

UberBeaver said:

I'm an Islander's fan, so I was hoping you were correct and that the Isles get that 8th spot. And we need the Leafs to win tomorrow, hence the GO LEAFS GO chant. :D

Ahem.....Go Leafs Go? I don't think so. All the Habs need is one point so I'm hoping the game goes into OT.

What a game though! The ratings in Canada should be through the rooof!

Go Habs Go!!:rockon:

Whoa....the Islanders just beat the Flyers 4-2. This means that Montreal has to win! If Toronto wins in regulation or OT/SO and the Islanders win tomorrow against the Devils then the Islanders get in.

If Montreal wins then they're in and if the get at least a point,coupled with an Islanders loss tomorrow they're also in.

What a scenario! I can't wait for tonight's game! :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom