Hit Me Baby One More Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've watched the UK one a couple of times, but didn't know ANYONE on it apart from Tiffany and Falco. I think I read that Vernon Kay is hosting the US version too?

JessicaAnn said:
I like the show, because it's fun to see what happened to some of these bands after they flamed out.

But the host is a tool.

Yeah, I agree.

I love watching them perform their old songs (with varying degrees of success). It is amazing how all these songs were so huge yet most of the bands are unknown. Poor one-hit wonders.

I hate watching the covers of new songs though. I either hate the song their covering, or even worse, I like the song and hate the way they butcher it.

I've seen bits of and pieces of the last couple of episodes. I don't know if Wang Chung covering that Nelly song was really cool or really scary.

meegannie said:
I've watched the UK one a couple of times, but didn't know ANYONE on it apart from Tiffany and Falco. I think I read that Vernon Kay is hosting the US version too?

Falco was killed in an accident like 6 years ago

Golightly Grrl said:
Watching this show keeps reminding me how well our boys have aged. Loverboy? More like Lovergramps.

It reminds me of when I went to a The Church gig last year. I thought they looked great -- they are slim, fit, vibrant, have great skin, even still have their hair (although one is greying). They were all, however, in their mid to late forties and they aren't trying to hide that.

Well a guy next to me hadn't seen them since maybe 1990 -- not even in photos. He was shocked and commented on how old they looked. :huh: I was surprised he expected them to look the same after close to 15 years.

But what watching this show really does for me is make me eternally grateful The Church steadfastly refuses to take the nostalgia route. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom