Hippy! Do you like the Wolfmother record?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the show I mentioned above has sold out. Hubby checked for tickets, randomly (he likes to play with the TM site), and nothing came up.

checked out the album because of a review I read and I will be buying it
now to find it somewhere cheap :D

The CD has a low list price, so you should be able to find it reasonably cheap. Also, every store (at least major ones) have new releases on sale the first week of release - $8 was a VERY good deal if you bought it a that time! :up:

I've only heard the one song that they've played on the talk-show circuit...

I picked this up in my new music buying frenzy 'cause it was rather cheap. It's really growing on me. :up:

They really do have a great energy to them.

Okay, wow. I just saw Wolfmother's video for their song Mind's Eye. I'm very, very confused. Did they just rip off Pink Floyd's Live At Pompeii film? Observe: (Wolfmother left, Pink Floyd right)

pfwm01.jpg

Shot of band on sand with stacked amplifiers behind them. Guitarist left, keyboard player right, drummer middle.

pfwm2.jpg

Tiled shot of guitar.

pfwm3.jpg

Shot of band members walking on a hill.

pfwm4.jpg

Overhead shot of drummer.

pfwm5.jpg

Lead singer...

pfwm6.jpg

Shot of stacked amplifiers from the back, with band name painted on.

Seriously, WTF? Is this just a nod to Pink Floyd, or is it a badly disguised rip off?

Last edited:
I see it as more of a nod, since their music was influenced by Floyd.

then again, it's a Coldplay-esque nod, and not a subtle, cool one.

GibsonGirl said:
Seriously, WTF? Is this just a nod to Pink Floyd, or is it a badly disguised rip off? [/B]

How could it be a badly disguised rip off when it's an obvious nod to Pink Floyd.

Besides, Beastie Boys paid homage to that video in their own video for their song "Gratitude." Radiohead also did the same thing for a video for a song off Pablo Honey, I believe it was "Stop Whispering."

It's just a video that obviously influenced a lot of bands.

My friends are going nuts over these guys after I introduced the album to them, which marks the first time I've introduced my friends to music they actually end up liking.

no, no, no, no NO

Wolfmother (in my opinion) suck ass! my boy listens to them that fine, but the lead singer cant sing the music (my mates band plays them) the music is fantatsic, if they get a singer who can actually sing then they would be 10x better

Oh man.

We went and saw these guys (finally) Tuesday night. They are amazing live! It was loud and tight and so so good. These boys can really play. They sounded even better live than they do on the record.

I'm looking forward to the next album. :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom