High School Musical 2???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
Everyone at my school is going apeshit about this, what's the big deal about it? Are the kids unbelievably hip and cool? Is the music there and with it? Is Di$ney putting subliminal messages in their films?

What's going on, guys?

This would be the only reason I'd see it:

hsm2thewrathofkhanle8.jpg

Sam Jackson, Elisha Cuthbert, Admiral Ackbar, Rose McGowan + gun-leg, Willem Dafoe + Khan = win.

It's a silly movie that's great if you're 11-15. It's billed as this generation's Grease, but I wouldn't say it's quite that. Since I'm a pediatric resident, I watched it so I'd know what kids were talking about. It was okay, but nothing I'd watch again. Oddly enough, though its soundtrack is like the fastest selling soundtrack in history or something, there have been like 5 releases of the dvd, and people are crazy for the whole thing. The second one will probably be equally as huge at first, but probably won't last as long.

I'd much prefer your version, though I'd add in "Sex Bomb Sarah" from kontraband.com fame. (check out her amazing video for NIN's "Closer" on kontraband) :drool: :drool:

Except Grease wasn't a terrible teenybopper musical and Olivia Newton-John was hotsauce. :wink:

I will check out Sex Bomb Sarah.

It was suppose to be one of those small Disney movies that would show like 5 times and that would be the end of it, but it just blew up..

The real reason why it did blow up the way it did was because they had so many commercials before it started, everyone who watched Disney, knew about it and decided to watch it, and it blew up BIG TIME..

So if HSM 1 blew up big, why not make #2 which will be bigger because more people are going to watch it, after hearing about 1..

Ashley Tisdale :up:

My kids love HSM. They love it so much that they've managed to get a few songs from the soundtrack embedded in my head. Grease it's not, but it's cute for what it is...and I'm sure we'll be watching HSM 2.

I've heard a lot about it, saw about 5 minutes and thought it was corny and changed the channel :shrug:

It obviously appeals to the preteens, but I don't get it. I'll take Grease.

kids havent stopped talking about the premier for literally weeks, they love the crap, cant get enough of it, they went and saw Hairspray 3 times in a row because the lead from HSM is in the movie, and I get the agonizing task of watching it in all its glory this evening with my 2 kids

they could be watching and interested in much worse, for this Im thankful and really dont mind sitting through it with that in mind

I rented the first one after hearing about it over and over. Being the pop culture junkie I am, I had to check it out so I would at least know what the hell it was.

You know, for what it was, I thought it was pretty good. I can understand why the tweens were all over it like white on rice.

HSM cute and catchy, HSM2- not as cute and catchy.
I tried to xplain to my 12 yr old, how some of the goofy dance moves by Zack Efron were stolen from Michael Jackson, but she didn't get it, yet. I will have to force her to watch Thriller, Billie Jean... etc, then she'll see. The kids are talented, though.

Lancemc said:
I hate children.

I love a person that can admit it, just get used to everyone telling you, "you'll change your mind when your older". I'm 30 and surrounded by everyone else's filthy little children, it does nothing to convince me to add to the invasion.
:rant:

Oh yeah, High School Musical was kinda dorky but if I was 11 I would LOVE it.:dancing:

Re: Re: High School Musical 2???

elevated_u2_fan said:

I like the fact that you included the gun-leg with Rose McGowan, nice touch...

I aim to please. :wink:

The first was the worst Disney Channel Movie I've ever seen. Syrup was spilling out of my eyes.

And I'll have to go to play rehearsal listening to how amazing this movie was.

Fantastic.

LemonMacPhisto said:
And I'll have to go to play rehearsal listening to how amazing this movie was.

Fantastic.

Maybe it'll suck even more...so much so that even the sheep at your school won't lap it up that easily. :shrug:

It could be a bunch of "omg cute" guys killing puppies and they'd think would be their Lawrence of Arabia.

omg u guyssss zac efffrronnn is soooooo totally ~HOTZ~!!!

(really, he ain't bad lookin' :wink: )

Someone in my senior high school class said her favourite movie of all time was High School Musical, and she wasn't kidding :|

I watched the first 10 minutes or so of HSM2 today. It got boring pretty fast. I'll tell you guys how it goes down: they're on summer break rite, and they all get summer jobs, but its at the SAME PLACE ZOMG some country club shit, rich white fuckers (yea i know theres the jewfro boy but everyone else is white) and also Troy (omg cute!!!1) is dating some chick, but this other chick, the POPULAR one or whatever, totally thinks Troy should go for her. And there's singing and dancing.

AtomicBono said:
omg u guyssss zac efffrronnn is soooooo totally ~HOTZ~!!!

(really, he ain't bad lookin' :wink: )

Someone in my senior high school class said her favourite movie of all time was High School Musical, and she wasn't kidding :|

I watched the first 10 minutes or so of HSM2 today. It got boring pretty fast. I'll tell you guys how it goes down: they're on summer break rite, and they all get summer jobs, but its at the SAME PLACE ZOMG some country club shit, rich white fuckers (yea i know theres the jewfro boy but everyone else is white) and also Troy (omg cute!!!1) is dating some chick, but this other chick, the POPULAR one or whatever, totally thinks Troy should go for her. And there's singing and dancing.

A bunch of high school friends all working summer jobs at the same country club? Have they been watching that one summer season of Saved By The Bell where the whole gang worked at the country club in Hawaii where Lisa's parents were members? It sounds exactly like that.

My nieces and nephews are caught up in this craze. Have to admit the 1st one wasn't too bad. The 2nd one I found to be quite boring :yawn:

Oh and what the hell is this big attraction about Zach? :shrug: Must be a teen thing! lol

love_u2_adam said:
i. fucking. hate. high. school. musican. with. every. inch. of. my. body.

I couldn't agree more. I avoid HSM like the plague! My last job forced me to listen to the kareoke CD and I now know all of those :censored: songs :barf:

Anytime I see anything that has to do with HSM I cringe and attempt to keep the damn songs out of my head.

namkcuR said:

A bunch of high school friends all working summer jobs at the same country club? Have they been watching that one summer season of Saved By The Bell where the whole gang worked at the country club in Hawaii where Lisa's parents were members? It sounds exactly like that.

wow you called them the fuck out

Back
Top Bottom