Hidden Tracks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
What are some of the greatest?

I love Silent Night and Prague from Damien Rice's 'O'.

All by myself off of Green Day - Dookie used to crack me up...

(Oh, and BTW--if I want to copy a hidden track onto another CD, how do I do it? I don't want the original track, just the hidden song...can I cut away the rest somehow? Please, anyone, HELP!)

the hidden track on R.E.M.'s Green

and there is one on the latest Calexico album that I like a lot

all in all hidden tracks should be banned though

My fav's:

The Clash - 'Train In Vain' from London Calling
AFI - 'This Time Imperfect' from Sing the Sorrow
AFI - 'Beyond and To All Time' from Black Sails in the Sunset
Travis - 'Blue Flashing Light' from The Man Who

The Clash - 'Train In Vain' from London Calling
AFI - 'This Time Imperfect' from Sing the Sorrow

:up:

i wouldn't call it a good secret track, but on better than ezra's 'friction baby' album, you have to rewind track one past the beginning time....or mabye it's track two...in order to find the hidden track. that was the coolest place i've seen a hidden track. but not the best by any stretch of the imagination.

and on dropkick murphys' 'the gangs all here' album, rick barton's answering machine (it's the secret track, he was the guitarist at the time) always scares me when i leave the cd running and forget about it. it's his landlord calling him. funny stuff, really.

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
if I want to copy a hidden track onto another CD, how do I do it? I don't want the original track, just the hidden song...can I cut away the rest somehow?
the way i do it is to make it a wav, then use sound recorder to get rid of whatever i don't want or need. then, i convert it to an mp3. :D

i don't even think i've got a lot of cds with hidden tracks on them, come to think of it. :huh:

KhanadaRhodes said:

the way i do it is to make it a wav, then use sound recorder to get rid of whatever i don't want or need. then, i convert it to an mp3. :D

Actually you dont have to make anything into a wav file on any of the newer programs.

I use a free program called CDex (you can find and download it for free online), it allows you to rip partial tracks from a cd into a MP3. I've made mp3's of a few hidden songs that way. You just have to put the time in when you want the mp3 to start and end, really simple.

i've got cdex....how come i didn't know you can do this?

oh. right. cos i suck.

Counting Crows has a beautiful song hidden on, I believe, their VH-1 Storytellers CD. That song alone was worth the money for the double CD imo.

The hidden tracks on Placebo's first and second albums are also really dirty and rocking. One of them is called Electric Dildo, but I can't remember which one... The song on WYIN contains real recordings of threats left on Brian Molko's answering machine. Brian and the band were so pissed about it, so they decided to turn it into a really nasty, gritty rock song. It makes for some interesting listening, that's for sure.

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
THERE'S A HIDDEN TRACK ON THE MAN WHO????
You never thought it was suspicious that "Slide Show" was ten minutes long?

Just going through my album collection, here's some stuff that wasn't mentioned:

"Endless, Nameless" off Nirvana's Nevermind
"Gallons of Blah Blah Blah" off Nirvana's In Utero
"The Cage" off Oasis' Heathen Chemistry
"Master/Slave" off Pearl Jam's Ten
"Hummus" off Pearl Jam's Yield
"Writer's Block" off Pearl Jam's Binaural
something or another off Pearl Jam's Lost Dogs
"October" off U2's Best of 1980-1990
"Deep Freeze" off the Verve's Urban Hymns
"Porcelain" off the Yeah Yeah Yeah's Fever To Tell
"A Girl Like You" off Pete Yorn's Musicforthemorningafter

Last edited:
"Diamond Bollocks." Dunno how I could possibly have forgotten about Beck's "Diamond Bollocks." The world would be a much lesser place were it not for Beck and his "Diamond Bollocks."

Last edited:
Some hidden tracks on albums I own:
- I'm Still Here on Woodface by Crowded House
- Clint Eastwood (Remix) on Gorillaz
- The Hawkman Is Coming and Evolution Revolution Love (remix) on Blowback by Tricky
- three small radio spots on each disc of the Velvet Underground boxset What Goes On

*realises he doesn't have that many hidden tracks*

C ya!

Marty

Hewson said:
I believe the title is "4/20/02", the date it was written, which was the day they heard about Layne Staley's passing.
I meant that it's unclear because there's apparently a different hidden track on the promo leak.

Back
Top Bottom