Hey! Just got back from Jury Service....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JessicaAnn said:
In Milwaukee County, you are paid $8.00 for each half day of service and $5.00 per day for transportation. A full day is a total of $21.00 and a half day is a total of $13.00.

i'd be happy to at least get paid that much!

here in dallas we get a whopping $6 a day :angry:
you'd think they could at least pay you for lunch and parking :shrug:

last november i got chosen to be on the jury for a trial that was supposed to last for a whole month! (but only lasted about 2 weeks). luckily we had a nice judge who was going to give everyone money for parking each day cuz it was so unusually long. the city parking is something like $10 a day (i can't remember exactly but when you get your parking validated you end up paying about $8 instead of $10 :rolleyes: ).

i think the prices they pay jurors must still be left over from the 1940's or something lol.

Last edited:
Aardvark747 said:

I can tell you about it now that the case is over - but probably best not to on here. I'll wait till we chat on MSN next bigboy...:sexywink:
awwww go on...tease me! Was he guilty?did he go down for a long stretch in the clink with 'mr big'?did he scream "its all a mistake,i'm innocent i tell ya"?did he try and do a runner?
pray tell:mad:

boystupidboy said:

awwww go on...tease me! Was he guilty?did he go down for a long stretch in the clink with 'mr big'?did he scream "its all a mistake,i'm innocent i tell ya"?did he try and do a runner?
pray tell:mad:

No - he said nothing like that!:wink:

Well ok, I doubt the guy wil lbe readin it anyway!
Without going into too much detail, we took 45 mins to agree that this guy was Not Guilty of a serious sexual assualt.

It was a good experience for a few days def. I'd love to do it again 1 day. I can't be selected for another 2 years at least tho..:grumpy:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I got a jury selection summons earlier this spring. I was able to avoid going b/c I'm a full time student (well, was at the time) and missed my maximum about of grace days already b/c I was sick all semester. On the off chance that I'd be picked AND the case made it to trial, I would've been screwed. The lady said I'd be put back into the schedule this summer though.....

...They didn't forget. Got my new jury summons yesterday. :mad:

Oh, and it says we get reimbursed the $2 it costs to park at the courthouse. Whoopeee! :|

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom