Hey guys, have you heard Remy Zero?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shart1780

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I think this is a really good band (who only lasted 3 albums). Very unkown though :(

I think you should give them a listen!! One of my favorite bands! Listen to their latest album, The Golden Hum. I think it's brilliant.

i don't think i like them. i heard something several years ago, i can't remember it though.

I like them. However, they were disturbing live and the audience consisted of too many screamy, pushy teenage girls (probably also due to the fact that Phantom Planet supported), so my enthusiasm waned after seeing them live.

I like some of their stuff (including "Somebody Save Me" from Smallville), never saw em live.
My biggest question is if you're singer Cinjun Lars Tate, and you marry Alyssa Milano, how in the hell can you allow yourself to get divorced?:huh:

Bunbury said:
Isn't one of their songs the theme songs for Smallville??
If it is, it's an annoying song :wink:

It is indeed the theme to Smallville. When they released the song as a single, it got some decent airplay for a while. One DJ said he was getting tons of calls asking if it was new U2. Go figure.

I like them a lot. I haven't got their first album, only Villa Elaine and The Golden Hum but they're pretty good.

However, they were disturbing live

Disturbing? What do you mean?

Justified said:
I like them but I recall reading a message that they no longer exist. :scratch:

Yeah, RZ has disbanded. I think it happened officially in mid December. However, the band members are working on other projects.

Three ex-members (Jeffery Cain, Cedric LeMoyne, and Gregory Slay) were nominated for a Emmy Award for their theme song for the FX series Nip/Tuck. They use the name The Engine Room for their work creating "pure original music that is tied to the heart of their creation," according to Cain.

Furthermore, Cain and Slay have a project called Sleepwell. They have recently released a self-titled cd. Rather dark and ominous music, but very cool -- I really like it!

Cain, (a very busy guy, and Steve Kilbey of The Church (yep, I'm pimping the Stevester yet again!) collaborated to become Isidore . This is a GREAT album! I consider it an album to love and cherish for the rest of my life. You can stream the entire album from the Isidore site.

And Cinjin and Shelby Tate also have a new album out on Excavation Records. I haven't heard it though.

*edited to add -- I agree with womanfish, Villa Elaine is definately a must have. Terrific album!

Last edited:
I like their Smallville theme :(

Definitely not one of their best songs though. That was like U2's Beautiful Day, created for the masses.

indra said:

Yeah, RZ has disbanded. I think it happened officially in mid December. However, the band members are working on other projects.

Three ex-members (Jeffery Cain, Cedric LeMoyne, and Gregory Slay) were nominated for a Emmy Award for their theme song for the FX series Nip/Tuck. They use the name The Engine Room for their work creating "pure original music that is tied to the heart of their creation," according to Cain.

Furthermore, Cain and Slay have a project called Sleepwell. They have recently released a self-titled cd. Rather dark and ominous music, but very cool -- I really like it!

Cain, (a very busy guy, and Steve Kilbey of The Church (yep, I'm pimping the Stevester yet again!) collaborated to become Isidore . This is a GREAT album! I consider it an album to love and cherish for the rest of my life. You can stream the entire album from the Isidore site.

And Cinjin and Shelby Tate also have a new album out on Excavation Records. I haven't heard it though.

*edited to add -- I agree with womanfish, Villa Elaine is definately a must have. Terrific album!

sweet thanks for the update. I love Nip/Tuck. just a side note. lol

Oh, and interesting side note about the Isidore project. Until after Isidore was released (and it took them several years to make it), Kilbey had never listened to Remy Zero. He said he didn't want to be influenced by the RZ sound. But when he did get to hear a couple of songs (Life In Rain and Fail) he really liked it!

Cain did the music and Kilbey did the lyrics and vocals -- and they sent files back and forth between LA and OZ, hardly meeting until the album was nearly complete.

OK, OK, more than you needed or wanted to know....

Looks like the dreaded thread killer has struck yet again. :|

meegannie said:
I like them. However, they were disturbing live and the audience consisted of too many screamy, pushy teenage girls (probably also due to the fact that Phantom Planet supported), so my enthusiasm waned after seeing them live.
yep, exactly...

A very new official Remy Zero Myspace page has this little blurb on it:

The story so far: We formed in Birmingham, AL in 1989. We took a break in 2003. Now we're making music again. Other biographical truths, half-truths and lies can be found elsewhere if you're not careful. Here we'll share whichever new, old and rare music we're into at the moment, plus information you might find interesting. As always, a work in progress...

Hmm. Looks like good news to me! :)

(Their official website still shows them as kaput, but hey I'll take what good news I can get.)

indra said:
A very new official Remy Zero Myspace page has this little blurb on it:

The story so far: We formed in Birmingham, AL in 1989. We took a break in 2003. Now we're making music again. Other biographical truths, half-truths and lies can be found elsewhere if you're not careful. Here we'll share whichever new, old and rare music we're into at the moment, plus information you might find interesting. As always, a work in progress...

Hmm. Looks like good news to me! :)

(Their official website still shows them as kaput, but hey I'll take what good news I can get.)

:hyper: I saw them in a small club around here. They were awesome!

Back
Top Bottom