Hey Gina....remember I told u I like Jimmy Nesbitt? Well read this.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
..I think it cropped up two days ago, but I heard about it today.......

From UTV News

James Nesbitt has been axed from a major campaign promoting Christmas shopping in Belfast owing to recent sex and drugs allegations surrounding the Cold Feet star.

Northern Ireland trading officials held urgent talks following allegations that the 37-year-old father-of-two snorted cocaine during a two-month affair.

Nesbitt, from Broughshane, Co Antrim, is believed to be fighting to save his marriage following the reports about his private life.

Retail bosses said they were left with no alternative but to drop him from a high-profile ?150,000 promotion.

With major stores in the city desperate for a December sales surge, a special TV campaign has had to be revised because of the claims against the actor.

One City Hall insider admitted: "We just felt this wasn't the right image we wanted for Belfast."

Senior chiefs at the Belfast City Council, the Visitor and Convention Bureau and the Chamber of Trade decided to edit him out of TV adverts aired in Northern Ireland.

A spokesman for the bureau said tonight: "Following recent media allegations in respect of Mr Nesbitt it has been decided to withdraw him from the current campaign for Belfast.

"Work is already advanced on a revised TV commercial which should be ready to be screened this weekend."

The star of hit TV series Cold Feet has enjoyed huge success in recent years and is now regarded as one of Northern Ireland's top celebrities.

With several feature films under his belt, it is believed he was targeting the lucrative US market. But the decision to remove him from the campaign will be a new blow to the star's army of fans.

A letter confirming the decision to drop him has been sent to his agents.

*sigh*......I really truly thought Jimmy was a dedicated family-man......the way he used to talk about his daughter and expected-child on the way, he just seemed 'over-the-moon'...

but this.......this has made me look at him in a diff light now.

Hes let himself down......

That maybe explains why he said to me, when I said I met the lovely, and very gentlemanly co-star of his from Cold Feet, actor Robert Bathurst........Jimmy said 'Hes a dirty ol' pervert'...........hmmmmmm

yes.......

right........

:tsk:

Last edited:
i was so sad when i heard, it was bloody plastered all over the papers for a couple of days..and, well i thought the same as you, maddie, the whole dedicated family man thing, but i think it was the cocaine that really got me.

yeah, the cocaine. is there anything more undignified than someone leaning over a coffee table with a tenner stuck up their nose?

i was disturbed when i got that image of jimmy

Back
Top Bottom