Heroes Season 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a thought...

I was re-watching an older episode I had taped with my wife who hadn't seen it yet.

Now presumably Adam has known for a long time that his blood has healing powers and you would think he would have shared this info at some point with the original heroes before they locked him up 30 years ago.

So when Nathan is in the hospital burned to a crisp why isn't Mrs Patrelli's first reaction to go get Adam?

I am thinking one of two things (or a combination of both): 1 she’s scared of Adam or 2 his blood has other side effects as well which he neglected to share with Peter. Perhaps this is the cause of Nathan’s visions of his burned self?

That said she didn't seem overly surprised to see Nathan healed...

Well, last night's episode gave me a strong case of the "mehs" and judging from the lack of posts in this thread I am not alone...

Has Suresh completely lost his mind?

Although “The Stupidest Character Award” for this episode definitely goes to the South American chick :coocoo:

elevated_u2_fan said:

Has Suresh completely lost his mind?

I actually got the opposite feeling about him this episode. I thought he had lost his mind when he picked up the gun after being told that is what he was going to do, but this episode it almost seemed as if he had this whole thing calculated out and knew he would shoot him and then bring him back. I get the feeling he's working both sides to get his own agenda.

Well I finally got a chance to watch monday's episode. They did the right thing by killing off Alejandro, but Maya needs to go soon. Seriously, what in the hell is her 'power'? How would she use it?

Maya: You're making me angry. You don't want to see me angry ... [menacing face]

Random bad guy: Why? Will you turn into a giant, green monster with superhuman strength and destroy anything in your path?

Maya (hair perfectly 'tussled' across on eye): No, but I will emo the shit out of you.

Random bad guy: LOL

[Dashboard Confessional begins to play in the background]

Random bad guy overkills his death scene cause he knows this is his last shot to 'make it'.

Dalton said:
Well I finally got a chance to watch monday's episode. They did the right thing by killing off Alejandro, but Maya needs to go soon. Seriously, what in the hell is her 'power'? How would she use it?

Don't count your chickens...

They hinted that he had a power to heal, maybe he can do so to himself...

If she can find a way to control her power she could kill anyone by just thinking of it, I'd say that's pretty powerful... and very dangerous. I think these two may play a big role next season.

elevated_u2_fan said:
Although “The Stupidest Character Award” for this episode definitely goes to the South American chick :coocoo:

LOL...definitely. As this old Trinidadian lady I used to work with would say, "That girl is as thick as pig shit!"

Too bad they killed off Joanna Cassidy, she looked awesome with that shotgun. Reminded me of when she got tough with Harrison Ford in Blade Runner.

I thought this was a terrible episode on par with the series' awful average quality. The dialogue was even worse than usual. None of the drama was believable. Claire's reaction to her father being dead was akin to her boyfriend dumping her. No breaking down at all, and people at least do that when they break up with their boyfriend/girlfriend. Really lame.

Again with the overly authoritarian parents. Bob is a moron to be talking so sternly to his hot daughter. Anyway, super lame parenting. He's behaving like Ms. Petrelli and every other parental figure in the show and is turning off their child. Then again, all the characters are obtuse and unwilling to talk things out. I'd feel better if this were an attempt at exploring human stubbornness, rather than a cheap way to have characters fight and make up or have them on the wrong path. That woman from the company idiotically shot Peter without any discussion. Hiro attacks Peter without any explanation, and looks ridiculous doing so. God, I hate Hiro! The whole thing about him not saving his father was ridiculously lame and dramatically unbelievable -- a cheap way to draw an artificial distinction with the superhero who can reverse the outcome of any event. No qualms about changing history when it comes to humanity by stopping a bomb or virus, though.

I am disapointed to see that Adam/Takenzo is just a bad guy wanting to wipe out humanity, and doesn't have more complicated motivations. I was just starting to like what I hoped would be a good figure, not just another bad guy who mutters damnation upon his victims when the decieved good guy is not around. Why didn't Peter read Adam's mind? Easiest thing to do. My guess is he will at the very last minute.

Claire's threat to Veronica Mars hottie was so lame. Why didn't they just do that this whole time if they were so sure exposing themselves would work?

And Nikki. Either strip or get off the show. Awful phoney drama with her spending her last moments with Micah before she *sniffs* dies, but she doesn't....unfortunately. I'm annoyed she made up some story about DL dying being a hero. "He died saving your slutty ass from a guy you were hitting on!" She had a mental breakdown and turns unfaithful becuase she can't handle having an ability. How lame!

I never thought I'd say this, but Sylar's plot was the worst part. The idiot brother confronts him clumsily, and sister has no ability to read social cues. Child molesters with lollipops would have loved her. Sylar is overacting like crazy just to show the audience how evil he is but she keeps smiling like a moron. This is sad.

Muldfeld said:
Claire's reaction to her father being dead was akin to her boyfriend dumping her. No breaking down at all, and people at least do that when they break up with their boyfriend/girlfriend. Really lame.
You seem to like one dimentional portrayals of emotions, I've noticed this in many of your other posts as well. People deal with loss in many ways, not everyone breaks down, in fact I think her angry reaction to seeing the daughter there was very telling...

Muldfeld said:

Again with the overly authoritarian parents. Bob is a moron to be talking so sternly to his hot daughter. Anyway, super lame parenting. He's behaving like Ms. Petrelli and every other parental figure in the show and is turning off their child. Then again, all the characters are obtuse and unwilling to talk things out. I'd feel better if this were an attempt at exploring human stubbornness, rather than a cheap way to have characters fight and make up or have them on the wrong path. That woman from the company idiotically shot Peter without any discussion. Hiro attacks Peter without any explanation, and looks ridiculous doing so. God, I hate Hiro! The whole thing about him not saving his father was ridiculously lame and dramatically unbelievable -- a cheap way to draw an artificial distinction with the superhero who can reverse the outcome of any event. No qualms about changing history when it comes to humanity by stopping a bomb or virus, though.
If you couldn't see something was going on there with Bob and his daughter than you are missing something. She stands up and doesn't take shit from anyone but then almosts cowars with her father, there's a story there. The rest of this isn't worth discussing...

Muldfeld said:

I am disapointed to see that Adam/Takenzo is just a bad guy wanting to wipe out humanity, and doesn't have more complicated motivations. I was just starting to like what I hoped would be a good figure, not just another bad guy who mutters damnation upon his victims when the decieved good guy is not around. Why didn't Peter read Adam's mind? Easiest thing to do. My guess is he will at the very last minute.
I'm not convinced Adam's only motive is to wipe out humanity, but who knows...

That was a pretty good finale for the chapter.

I really like the way Hiro took care of Adam. I also saw the ending from a mile away. But otherwise, it was a good way to tie up most of the loose ends. The beginning of Chapter 3 made me happy though.

in general it was good, but now that they kill and revive characters, it has lost impact, how dumb would it be for Nathan to remain dead, with a daughter who knows her blood could revive him

any takes on the killer?? my guess it was Noah

Mofo said:
in general it was good, but now that they kill and revive characters, it has lost impact, how dumb would it be for Nathan to remain dead, with a daughter who knows her blood could revive him

any takes on the killer?? my guess it was Noah
That's my guess. It's the typical thing to create tension between the characters.

This was an attrotious episode and much less fun than past episodes, especially the enjoyable Noah "dies" episode. Anyone notice the cheat of totally getting rid of the cliffhanger moment of Hiro charging in anger to him and then teleporting or stopping time so he could move faster than Nathan would notice (it's not really clear how Nathan wouldn't since he's using the same ability), so he could suddenly reason with Peter?

All the people who looked like they were dying can easily be brought back if Peter decides to flit back in time. He can rescue anyone from any time, of course, let alone his brother. Nathan's death (and he's, like, my favorite character) was quite sad, until I realized that. Why didn't Hiro just shoot Kinsei in the head? (By the way, I'm pretty sure Nathan's nuclear detonation would have eviscerated his head...) Leaving him in a tomb for eternity seems infinitely more cruel. Also, I just realized, since Kinsei is not a serial killer who subconsciously wants to get caught by goading the police or other heroes, why does he leave calling cards on the bodies of his victims. Not very smart. The way Peter was duped wasn't believable at all. He just had to read Kinsei's mind. Also, Hiro jumping up like a child at the sight of "flying man!", when he would have been worried was another example of how bad the attempts are to preserve emotional realism.

Also, the acting and dialogue were awful. The way a powerless Sylar was able to outmaneuver
Suresh was so lame. Also, Suresh seemed more intent on telling Sylar the truth about the company injecting him than beating the crap out of him. I really HATE Sylar now. He was cool before, but he's so mean that I REALLY HATE him. I hope Maya kills him, but Sylar's too popular for that.

The one annoying thread running through the series as well as Lost making for easy enemies are the brutally demanding parental figures. It's so preposterous. I suspected Elle would rebel, but -- to my surprise -- they're saving that for later; I'm just waiting for her to have sex with someone. Also, the Claire plot was lame; her plan wasn't entirely convincing, but it made more sense than the boyfriend's sudden desire to keep his powers a secret and the easy estrangement between them. Mr. Bennett's resolution of going back to the way things were was similarly pat and unbelievable. Eventually he'll have enough and betray the company again. All so lame. Ma Petrelli will eventually give her life for her sons after Nathan comes back, though her betrayal to this degree did surprise me.

The Nikki/Micah story was awfully acted and written. They could have just called the cops from the get-go. Also, this was a major missed opportunity to comment on the conditions of poor blacks in the wake of Katrina. Instead we get simplistic good people and evil criminals. Shows like this make people want the death penalty and make sympathizing with the increased desperation and criminality in the region easily dismissed as the actions of evil black people who lack initiative.

Now, Sylar's back, and I don't even care. I guess one interesting development is Matt Parkman's power easily corrupting him. It'll be a nice dramatically realistic thing to have before they resolve it easily -- probably with Molly pleading for him to stop.

I'll still watch it because it gives my big brother and I a topic of conversation, though.

Last edited:
I really don't like this whole "Claire or Adam's blood can cure all" tactic... WHY in all that is holy did they have to bring back Maya??? :banghead:

The only character I hope they do use it on is Nathan because I was really starting to enjoy his character.

Did anybody else get annoyed when Nathan, Peter and Matt are discussing their plans in front of the obvious security camera in the vent? I was yelling at my TV at that point, tools...

Mr. Green Eyes said:
What happens in the beginning of Chapter 3? I missed it. Did they show a preview for it?

If you want to call Sylar injecting himself in some back alley (with obvious junkie imagery), presumably gaining back all his powers and delivering the groan inducing line of "I'm back" as a preview then yes, you missed it :wink:

Muldfeld said:

That's my guess. It's the typical thing to create tension between the characters.

This was an attrotious episode and much less fun than past episodes, especially the enjoyable Noah "dies" episode. Anyone notice the cheat of totally getting rid of the cliffhanger moment of Hiro charging in anger to him and then teleporting or stopping time so he could move faster than Nathan would notice (it's not really clear how Nathan wouldn't since he's using the same ability), so he could suddenly reason with Peter?

All the people who looked like they were dying can easily be brought back if Peter decides to flit back in time. He can rescue anyone from any time, of course, let alone his brother. Nathan's death (and he's, like, my favorite character) was quite sad, until I realized that. Why didn't Hiro just shoot Kinsei in the head? (By the way, I'm pretty sure Nathan's nuclear detonation would have eviscerated his head...) Leaving him in a tomb for eternity seems infinitely more cruel. Also, I just realized, since Kinsei is not a serial killer who subconsciously wants to get caught by goading the police or other heroes, why does he leave calling cards on the bodies of his victims. Not very smart. The way Peter was duped wasn't believable at all. He just had to read Kinsei's mind. Also, Hiro jumping up like a child at the sight of "flying man!", when he would have been worried was another example of how bad the attempts are to preserve emotional realism.

Also, the acting and dialogue were awful. The way a powerless Sylar was able to outmaneuver
Suresh was so lame. Also, Suresh seemed more intent on telling Sylar the truth about the company injecting him than beating the crap out of him. I really HATE Sylar now. He was cool before, but he's so mean that I REALLY HATE him. I hope Maya kills him, but Sylar's too popular for that.

The one annoying thread running through the series as well as Lost making for easy enemies are the brutally demanding parental figures. It's so preposterous. I suspected Elle would rebel, but -- to my surprise -- they're saving that for later; I'm just waiting for her to have sex with someone. Also, the Claire plot was lame; her plan wasn't entirely convincing, but it made more sense than the boyfriend's sudden desire to keep his powers a secret and the easy estrangement between them. Mr. Bennett's resolution of going back to the way things were was similarly pat and unbelievable. Eventually he'll have enough and betray the company again. All so lame. Ma Petrelli will eventually give her life for her sons after Nathan comes back, though her betrayal to this degree did surprise me.

The Nikki/Micah story was awfully acted and written. They could have just called the cops from the get-go. Also, this was a major missed opportunity to comment on the conditions of poor blacks in the wake of Katrina. Instead we get simplistic good people and evil criminals. Shows like this make people want the death penalty and make sympathizing with the increased desperation and criminality in the region easily dismissed as the actions of evil black people who lack initiative.

Now, Sylar's back, and I don't even care. I guess one interesting development is Matt Parkman's power easily corrupting him. It'll be a nice dramatically realistic thing to have before they resolve it easily -- probably with Molly pleading for him to stop.

I'll still watch it because it gives my big brother and I a topic of conversation, though.

You watch a show you completely dislike and disrespect because it gives you and your brother something to talk about? Really? If Heroes had Peter and Nathan sitting around, watching a show for an hour, so they could have something to talk about, you'd bash the shit out of that. You'd call it unrealistic, or lame. If you did, then for the first time ever, I'd be forced to agree with you.

Muldfeld said:
This was an attrotious episode and much less fun than past episodes, especially the enjoyable Noah "dies" episode.

I have to agree with Muldfeld on this one. It's so disappointing when I go from loving a show one season to being completely bored and frustrated the next.

Too many characters. Scratch that ... too many characters I don't care about.

:(

Muldfeld said:

:huh: Hiro was charging Nathan, what? Nathan's only ability is being able to fly? What are you talking about?

Muldfeld said:

All the people who looked like they were dying can easily be brought back if Peter decides to flit back in time. He can rescue anyone from any time, of course, let alone his brother.
This is true of any time travel story. That's why you just have to suspend certain beliefs when watching anything with time travel involved. Plus we haven't seen Peter be able to really control his time travel abilities this season.

Last edited:
No spoken words said:
You ought to stop watching then, simple as that.

What if I want to hold out hope that I'll like it again next season?

And hey, lucky for me, that was the finale. I've stopped watching by default.

Hey, it took me years to give up hope on The X-Files. It's way too early to give up hope on Heroes. :wink:

"they ran out of things to shoot"

'Heroes' actor: 'We ran out of stuff to shoot'

NEW YORK (AP) -- Milo Ventimiglia once again saved the world on NBC's "Heroes." Now what?

Milo Ventimiglia helps to save the world on "Heroes."

"It's funny how that always falls on my shoulders," Ventimiglia says.

In the second season finale, Ventimiglia's character, Peter Petrelli, destroyed a virus capable of annihilating most of mankind while Nathan Petrelli, Peter's high-flying brother, appeared to be assassinated at a press conference.

Ventimiglia isn't sure if Nathan (played by Adrian Pasdar) is dead.

"I really hope he's not going anywhere," Ventimiglia told The Associated Press during a telephone interview Wednesday. "That would be really disappointing to me to lose a brother and an amazing scene partner. I'm sure it's all going to work out the way it's supposed to."

Ventimiglia says he didn't watch the finale.

He wasn't alone. Ratings for Monday's episode were down from the previous week, and the conclusion of Volume Two was the lowest-rated finale episode for the show yet, according to Nielsen Media Research.

The second season of "Heroes" was cut short after the Writers Guild of America went on strike.

Ventimiglia says he's seen no scripts and has no clues about what will happen when the show returns.

"We ran out of stuff to shoot," he said. "That's basically what it boils down to."

Meanwhile, the 30-year-old actor is producing and starring in the first episode of a series of holiday-themed stop-animation short films for American Eagle Outfitters. The digital shorts also feature Lil Jon, Kristen Bell, Pete Wentz and Adrianne Palicki.

Ventimiglia, whose hair was famously chopped on "Heroes," opted for his puppet counterpart to have his longer 'do.

"I thought we should go with the bangs because they're more recognizable," he says.

Divide Pictures, Ventimiglia and partner Russ Cundiff's production company, has also optioned the movie rights to "Blades of Glory," John Rosengren's book about the Bloomington Jefferson Jaguars, a championship Minnesota high school hockey team.

Ventimiglia says he'll appear in the upcoming films "Game" and "The Chaos Theory."

"I try and take a break and take a vacation," he says, "but I keep getting wrapped up in jobs."

Back
Top Bottom