Heroes Season 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, he's definitely evil. Any guy that acts like that definitely is :mad:

I hope he gets offed soon, I can't stand him.

If a guy tried to use a line like that on me, I'd probably hit him.

A friend of mine caught this goof in last night's episode:

heroescapak0.jpg

Apparently Peter is a girl :D

Finally a strong episode, and advancing a plot, and it looks like they can wrap up the stupid Japan trip.

AAArgh, I am downloading ep. five now and still have to watch half of four, and I have already read spoilers on here.
I hate having to wait until the day after! must-run-watch-heroes-NOW!

Really? I like the copycat girl - what a cool superpower! I'm curious to see what Sirhesh (sp?) is up to, coming to fetch her.

This was the first episode that held my interest so far this season.

I totally agree that it's a cool superpower, I guess I just found most of her time in the episode to be a bit cheesy, though Suresh coming at the end definitely bodes well for her story.

Of the new story lines, the one that bugs me is the girl who bleeds black crap out of her eyes, ala X-Files. Other than that, I've enjoyed this season!

It seems to me that almost every episode is so action-packed, that on the odd occasion where they slow it down a bit, it's really noticable.

I enjoyed the twist in the Sylar/Maya relationship with him "corrupting" her, but very good people would be corrupted by such power; it's human nature. The idea that the heroes stay so surely on the path isn't very believable dramatically.

Bennett shooting that guy was quite dark and not anticipated by me. I enjoyed that part. The acting's still terrible. Dr. Bennett was far too intense and the Ukrainian he had captive was far too unthreatened. Ando was overacting, too. I'm pretty sure it's the direction's fault.

The plot of Tom Cruise's "The Last Samurai" were painfully obvious -- from the threat of modernism to the way of the Samurai to the mention of cherry blossoms. Suresh's decisions and emotions made no dramatic sense. He actually got more aggressive with Bob when Bob seemed to apologize, and his drawing attention, when he might have slipped out, made little sense, either. However, I did like Bob turning and his change was quite touching. I suppose the possibility of the Company changing is quite a neat idea.

And how did that woman figure out everything so easily all of a sudden. Assuming people can teleport isn't exactly a typical conclusion, and the way she figured out Hiro's identity was so quick. Takenzo's switch was too convenient, but still surprising and kind of enjoyable. I predict that he'll find the moral strength within himself to do what's right, depite having no rewards this time. More interesting than simply Hiro doing all the work.

The cheerleader is a bit too mean -- like something out of "Dazed and Confused". I'm still not sure how making a drunk person appear to have been halucinating is exactly embarrassing when she treats her flunkies like nothing.

Still, the fans have proved smarter than the show in their predictions. I read some of your comments from weeks' past and I have to give some of you credit for theorizing that Claire's friend was going to be a "bad guy". In this episode, you can definitely see he's becoming corrupted by his power, and is a kind of supermacist that Claire will eventually turn against.

Last edited:
hiro's storyline is getting good. i laughed when ando freaked when he didnt have more to read from the scrolls.

bennett doing bad things for the greater good doesnt sit well with me but meh. too soon to tell.

Muldfeld said:

The acting's still terrible. Dr. Bennett was far too intense and the Ukrainian he had captive was far too unthreatened.
The Ukrainian was suppose to be unthreatened, the arrogance came from years of power...

Muldfeld said:

The plot of Tom Cruise's "The Last Samurai" were painfully obvious -- from the threat of modernism to the way of the Samurai to the mention of cherry blossoms.

Um, because that's how it really happened...:huh: They took that from history not Tom's movie.

Muldfeld said:

Suresh's decisions and emotions made no dramatic sense. He actually got more aggressive with Bob when Bob seemed to apologize, and his drawing attention, when he might have slipped out, made little sense, either. However, I did like Bob turning and his change was quite touching. I suppose the possibility of the Company changing is quite a neat idea.
But you didn't understand his aprehension? I'm not convinced he's made a change.
Muldfeld said:

And how did that woman figure out everything so easily all of a sudden. Assuming people can teleport isn't exactly a typical conclusion, and the way she figured out Hiro's identity was so quick. Takenzo's switch was too convenient, but still surprising and kind of enjoyable. I predict that he'll find the moral strength within himself to do what's right, depite having no rewards this time. More interesting than simply Hiro doing all the work.
But you have to understand this subplot is taking place over months maybe even years, this isn't happening real time along with the other plots. So these changes are happening over time and she's probably seen many unexplainable things happening over this time.
Muldfeld said:

The cheerleader is a bit too mean -- like something out of "Dazed and Confused". I'm still not sure how making a drunk person appear to have been halucinating is exactly embarrassing when she treats her flunkies like nothing.
Well it got her suspended and "credibility" in question. It was a great double edged sword.

I was hoping Claire and her flying pal would do something a little more along the lines of straightforward humiliation, like any normal revenge-seeker. Not something quite so out there. Oh well.

And I really want them to bring Hiro back to present day, because oh my GOD so bored with his storyline.

Muldfeld said:
The acting's still terrible.

Interestingly enough, that's my chief criticism of The 4400.

It is clear that West is a little too intoxicated with his power. "I can fly, parental authority lost it's point" "you have a power, that makes you better than her." Claire seems far too smart to not see it, hopefully they don't shortchange her intelligence just because she likes the guy.

As for the storyline that's bugging me the most, it's Maya/Sylar now. I'm getting bored with Mr. "I'm thoroughly bad, or doesn't my evil eye scowl convince you?" Sylar. He's too predictable now.

Last edited:
To this news, I say "yay."

From Hollywoodreporter.com:

NBC declined comment, but "Heroes: Origins" is not going to get its six-episode run, which was expected to start as early as late April. While the network hasn't officially canceled the spinoff, producers of the series have been given no indication of when it might get a spot on the schedule.

"Origins" had been highly touted as a midseason addition since NBC's upfront in May, when then-entertainment president Kevin Reilly envisioned spelling "Heroes" when it took a late-season hiatus. The network had been promoting "Origins" well in advance of its premiere, noting the enlistment of such top directors as Kevin Smith and Eli Roth to write and direct select episodes.

However, it is also possible that NBC, now under the creative direction of Ben Silverman, may have seen its enthusiasm diminish for an expansion of the "Heroes" franchise given a pronounced ratings drop-off in recent weeks for the flagship series.

I don't think that Heroes should be that worried about the ratings. The ratings didn't pick up until the "save the cheerleader, save the world" episode of last season as well. That is the trouble of starting each season new - you have to rebuild a story line.

Wow. That was an amazing episode.

It looks like things are starting to pick up again.

The ending just redeemed virtually the entire season.

corianderstem said:
To this news, I say "yay."

From Hollywoodreporter.com:

NBC declined comment, but "Heroes: Origins" is not going to get its six-episode run, which was expected to start as early as late April. While the network hasn't officially canceled the spinoff, producers of the series have been given no indication of when it might get a spot on the schedule.

"Origins" had been highly touted as a midseason addition since NBC's upfront in May, when then-entertainment president Kevin Reilly envisioned spelling "Heroes" when it took a late-season hiatus. The network had been promoting "Origins" well in advance of its premiere, noting the enlistment of such top directors as Kevin Smith and Eli Roth to write and direct select episodes.

However, it is also possible that NBC, now under the creative direction of Ben Silverman, may have seen its enthusiasm diminish for an expansion of the "Heroes" franchise given a pronounced ratings drop-off in recent weeks for the flagship series.

I was looking forward to Kevin's take...

Back
Top Bottom