Heroes Season 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
elevated_u2_fan said:

I never thought of Peter :hmm: you could be right...

I know what you mean about Nissan... :down:

I really noticed it when I re-watched Season 1 on DVD

The scene in which Bennett gives Claire the car is the worst. First as they approached the car, the shot is framed so that the immediate foreground is the Nissan symbol on the front of the car. Then when he gives her the key she shouts, "No way! The [insert the name Nissan car]"

Blugh.

Dalton said:

The scene in which Bennett gives Claire the car is the worst. First as they approached the car, the shot is framed so that the immediate foreground is the Nissan symbol on the front of the car. Then when he gives her the key she shouts, "No way! The [insert the name Nissan car]"

Blugh.

The added revenue helps pay for some of the special effects, like Nathan's beard.

By the way, Battlestar Galactica would never use product placement. Never.

Dalton said:
BTW - Am I the only one guessing that the mystery person was Peter?

he doesn't remember who he is and I'm assuming he can't remember the last 4 months ...
You mean who killed Hiro's father...doubt it. It would seem weird for him to kill him and then end up in some cargo bin in Ireland.

They are making it look like Nathan has something to do with it. He bumps into Ando right before he hand's Hiro's dad the paper, and then he's there when the mother gets the photo as well. I doubt it would be that obvious though.

But I'm willing to bet it's someone we haven't really met yet, Hiro's father and Mrs. Patrelli, allude to Mr. Patrelli and few others saying they are dead and say, now there are 9. Is that 9 left from the "original" generation? Not sure...

Dalton said:

The one complaint I have with the show is the blatant plugs for Nissan. I think its time to let it go ...

Well they have to do that when they want to run limited commercial episodes.

There were plenty of things to like about the season premiere, but I'm not sure I care for the skipping four months (although that allows them to set up extra mysteries to get people to keep watching). Also I miss the slow burn, really murky storyling that developed at the start of the show, it looks to remain highly entertaining, but not at the level of quality it started at, it had such a cinematic scope and look which has kind of diminished, hopefully it gets its groove back.

The scene with Mr. Muggles was borderline disturbing.

Or when they want to pay for Nathan's beard.

Axver likes that band, I think, "Nathan's Beard".

It's a Spock's Beard joke, ladies and gentlemen. Mostly gentlemen in here. Go Yankees.

No spoken words said:
I'm not too good at guessing along with shows, but, Peter was the first name that popped into my head when I saw that scene....not saying I'd bet on it, but, that was my gut reaction.

How could it be Peter? We see where he ends up at the end of the episode, and it's highly implied that its a member of the Company's old guard that is killing off the rest of them.

How could Hiro be in 17th century Japan? It's a sci-fi show, there are ways it could be Peter...but as I said, I'm not saying I am convinced it is, just saying that's what popped into my head. If it were someone from the old guard, they could have shown that person, we'd have had no idea who the hell it was.

We shall see.....that's the fun.

I think they haven't shown his face because he's a new character we haven't met yet, just like how Sylar was a mystery man until Homecoming.

powerhour24 said:
How could it be Peter? We see where he ends up at the end of the episode, and it's highly implied that its a member of the Company's old guard that is killing off the rest of them.

That's what I thought, too. Then again, since Peter has no memory of what's happened to him, maybe he's being controlled to be EEEEEEE-VIL.

I dug the premiere.

No spoken words said:
Or when they want to pay for Nathan's beard.

Axver likes that band, I think, "Nathan's Beard".

It's a Spock's Beard joke, ladies and gentlemen. Mostly gentlemen in here. Go Yankees.

:lol:

I just caught the premiere, it wad decent.

The 9 left are most likely from the "original generation," and another thought, could the person who killed Sulu be a shapeshifter, but in the form of Nathan Burgundy (the beard is amazing, milk was a bad choice)?

I know they did it with the 5 Years Later episode, but the bumping into Ando as another poster pointed out was far too obvious to be not noticed. Previews for the show have also stated there is another shapeshifting character introduced this season, so hey...

Shape shift......nose to the wind
Shape shift......feeling I've been

I have been thinking about it and it would be cool if Hiro becomes his own hero, as BVS suggested.

When does the Heroes spin-off show debut? January? You'd think I'd know this.

I'm on the Hiro is his own Hero bandwagon, too. It seems too obvious at this point, for me at least.

Heroes: Origins starts up at the end of April, at least according to Wiki... the most reliable source on the InterWebz

Eli Roth's directing an episode, Kevin Smith's directing another...

I like one of the two.

I like Kevin Smith the public speaker.

I cannot stand Kevin Smith the "director".

Still, he loves comics, so, he'll pour his soul into his Heroes Origins episode.

No spoken words said:

Still, he loves comics, so, he'll pour his soul into his Heroes Origins episode.

Exactly.

I think he's a better screenwriter than director, almost like a perverted John Hughes.

No spoken words said:

I’m ok with Kevin as a director but I don't think he deserves the fan-boy love he gets...

Love his "Evening With" though... the script for Superman and Prince stories are gold :up:

elevated_u2_fan said:

:|

I was actually interested in what you were saying (I spotted the X-Men rip off as well) until you made this comment.

Anyhow... :rolleyes:
What? I wasn't saying anything racist. The guy who writes the show always has has characters like this, who are hyper talkative, insecure, and awkward, yet witty. It's a less interesting Seth Cohen, who basically speaks the creator's views.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

It use to be this poster couldn't comment on anything without mentioning Battlestar Galatica, now it seems he can't make a post without the word 'Jew' in it somewhere.

It's quite ironic that he bitches about stereotypes and cliches throughout his posts.
Just because I use that word doesn't mean I'm against Jews. I actually got the term "nebbish Jew stereotype" from a Jewish professor who taught Hebrew studies.

It IS a stereotype. Most Jews are just like everybody else, but the creator always writes them as hyper self-conscious. I guess it's his way of making fun of his background, but it was just an observation. I actually enjoy Woody Allen films a great deal, but my prof was saying that that movie persona of himself is forced and made up -- that Woody Allen was nothing like that, that he was a track star in high school and very relaxed.

People seem to be overreacting because I used the word 'jew', but Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David would be the first to agree about this stereotypical counterparts on TV, which they've made popular, but which they're really nothing like...okay, maybe Larry David a little.

icelle said:
i'll take Heroes over Battlestar Galactica and 4400 any day.
Seriously? Have you seen those shows nowadays. BSG is not to be missed, my friend!
powerhour24 said:

The scene with Mr. Muggles was borderline disturbing.
Oh, I know! That just went on and on, and I wanted it to stop! Can't they make her a little more 3 dimensional? The brother, too.
elevated_u2_fan said:

never... and they only have original ideas and would never even condsider "borrowing" ideas from Star Wars or Star Trek :yes:
Oh, don't be silly. The Heroes dramatic arcs are so overwhelmingly derived from comic book stuff. Don't you constantly have the feeling you've seen it all before?
The virus, the awkward family dinner scene, the bullying boss at work, the hero, who's not all he's cracked up to be, the guilt, the fake outs with death, the overly smart kids that make Dakota Fanning seem tolerable, etc.

Anyway, it can be fun, but I only enjoyed the very end.
BSG is very original in terms of dramatic arcs and especially political commentary. But it's fine if you enjoy this, too. It's typical comic book fiction. X-Men used to tug me around all kinds of preposterous arcs and cliche melodrama (like Sin City), too, but if you're looking for X-Men come to life that's still better than X-Men 3, this is the show.

My big brother and his wife love it.

Last edited:
You can't say Galactica's so much more original than Heroes. If Heroes borrows comic book staples, then Galactica definitely borrows science fiction staples, hell, it's a reboot of an original.

I'm not saying Galactica isn't handled well, it's my favorite drama on television, but you cannot compare a serial comic-book-esque series to a serious dramatic science fiction show, at least in my estimation.

LemonMacPhisto said:
You can't say Galactica's so much more original than Heroes. If Heroes borrows comic book staples, then Galactica definitely borrows science fiction staples, hell, it's a reboot of an original.

I'm not saying Galactica isn't handled well, it's my favorite drama on television, but you cannot compare a serial comic-book-esque series to a serious dramatic science fiction show, at least in my estimation.
Well, the setting is one thing, but I'm really referring to how drama is handled. Heroes is focussed on action, but BSG's drama is extremely original. I can find bits and pieces taken from Deep Space Nine, for which Ron Moore worked before, but, other than that show, you won't find those kinds of character depictions and issues tackled.

The brilliance of Heroes is that it generally avoids the drama many people find boring by either skipping over it quickly (notice how all those deaths in Season 1 were very quickly mourned) and getting right to the action.

I've tried to get friends into Buffy and Angel, and I do enjoy some of the drama in those show, but some of it was difficult to take. Sometimes the story can be weighed down by certain dramatic arcs -- Angel being in love with Cordelia or Willow sobbing over someone. I still much prefer the drama on Buffy and Angel because the writers are at least TRYING to make the drama count for something. Even The 4400 sometimes can fail, but when it gets it right, it's wonderful. A lot of typical sci fi fans complained about the BSG love quadrangle in Season 3 or the labor rights story or Adama and his wife, but I found those thoroughly refreshing and fascinating.

Hereos has made the decision to not really focus on drama. People always say it's the characters, but, in fact, it's really the action and suspense. The drama is digestible because people have seen those character dilemmas many times on other shows and in comic books. The drama never gets realistically messy and depressing, when in reality it would, because people don't wanna be depressed. Lost does this too with Kate and Sawyer taking a fun swim right after the Others kidnap the pregnant woman because they don't wanna weigh viewers down. BSG and The 4400, to a lesser degree, try to go full bore with keeping the drama realistic.

Most sci fi fans don't want drama; they want a little to justify the actions. Heroes has stumbled upon a winning formula. Coolness is the main thing in shows like Grey's Anatomy, in which characters snap out of whatever's got them down and start partying, Lost (which is still very good and much less convenient than most other shows), Desperate Housewives, The O.C. As soon as the drama is handled realistically, they'll lose viewers. Even Buffy and Angel's characters always had a snappy line to relieve the tension. Season 7 of Buffy and Season 4 of Angel suffered from a lack of humor and trying to make things too serious. Buffy's last season was especially silly.

I just don't understand all the stuff with Claire, which I've always found really boring....

Last edited:
Muldfeld said:

Seriously? Have you seen those shows nowadays. BSG is not to be missed, my friend!

actually i did watch it (4400) last year and i was very much into it. but then it got to be a little too political for me and it reminded me of the book of Revelations when i watched the show. it just got a little too wierd for me.

Battlestar Galactica was too dark for me.

icelle said:

actually i did watch it (4400) last year and i was very much into it. but then it got to be a little too political for me and it reminded me of the book of Revelations when i watched the show. it just got a little too wierd for me.

Battlestar Galactica was too dark for me.
The 4400 has a tendency, like BSG, to alter expectations. Jordan is looked upon as a messianic figure and lots of viewers were upset the show was trying to uphold this terrorist as Christ, but the truth ended up being much more complex.

That's cool, though. We all have various stresses in our lives and just wanna get away from the dreariness of life, I suppose. I noticed that I was more interested in really depressing movies like "The Assassination of Richard Nixon" or "Mystic River" or "The Woodsman", but my busy brother was too exhausted from life to wanna watch than a few minutes of those.

I had some major physical health problems last year and things looked really bleak for me, but the one thing that had me excited and able to bear all the pain was looking forward to BSG every Saturday.

Ah dear christ, can we get this guy a towel and a room to handle his battlestar galactica and 4400 fantasies?

Please?

You want to talk about cliche? How's this? We've got kid who comes on to the internet and lobs his pet subject into literally every thread he enters and then complains about his insecurities that 'girls won't go for guys like me."

Have you ever considered that the two situations might not be mutually exclusive? That perhaps you are seen as overbearing and more than a tad boring? Have you considered that by using your conversations with others simply as launching pads from which to jump into your own myopic pet discussions that you are furthering your isolation?

Take this which every way you will, man, but honestly, there is nothing more cliche than the narcissist who doesn't actually do any self reflection.

FFS - hum a new tune.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Eli Roth's directing an episode, Kevin Smith's directing another...

I like one of the two.

I'm not a huge Smith fan, but I have a feeling that he will be a perfect director for this type of show. Clearly, he isn't going to be the one that furthers the mystical side of the show, but I bet it will be a very fun episode.

Back
Top Bottom