Heroes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
trevster2k said:
Save the world is down the road. I imagine Claire's ability is integral in stopping the future disaster which we have yet to see.

I bet it involves the missing Atomic Guy.

What's up with Claire's dad? I find him a little creepy. I think he's got a bad gene that's just waiting to surface.

Zachary Quinto is Sylar not Sean Bean as IMDB suggests.

He was working in the CTU office on season 3 of 24 as Adam.

It's getting interesting.
I finally got to watch the episode.

At least they got rid of the bitchy cheerleader... lol.

Maybe horn-rim isn't so evil afterall... but we don't really know what's his motives are, do we?

Can't wait til Monday now. :hyper:

Cool episode tonight.
What does it mean though, that next week's episode is the last one til next year? Is it a season finale, or is it a mid season finale? Someone help me out there.

Sevikins said:
Cool episode tonight.
What does it mean though, that next week's episode is the last one til next year? Is it a season finale, or is it a mid season finale? Someone help me out there.

It's just the last new episode before the end of the calender year.

so who do you think is going to get killed?

I could do without Nikki's husband, I just hope it's not Ando

Mofo said:
so who do you think is going to get killed?

I could do without Nikki's husband, I just hope it's not Ando

Nathan's wife or Simone.

Hopefully the latter.

One of the bald, black guys has to go, it's too confusing.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Nathan's wife or Simone.

Hopefully the latter.

One of the bald, black guys has to go, it's too confusing.

I'm all for those people dying too but I want to know some backstory on the dude that works with Mr. Bennett first :grumpy:

LMP, I'm surprised you didn't mention the best line of the night: GREAT-O SCOTT!

I :heart: Hiro

Queen Bee said:

I'm all for those people dying too but I want to know some backstory on the dude that works with Mr. Bennett first :grumpy:

LMP, I'm surprised you didn't mention the best line of the night: GREAT-O SCOTT!

I :heart: Hiro

I spazzed in my couch when he said that, and like a seal without a left flipper, I freaked out every member of my family.

So do all of the "heroes" have powers because they have mental deficiencies and sicknesses?

Matt has dyslexia
Charlie had that blood clot
I know I'm missing alot.

It reminds me of idiot savants, like Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man, and how they lack basic human functions, but use different parts of the brain.

I'm diggin the Eden chick. I like her with the long hair.

Sevikins said:

Thanks for clarifying that for me. For some reason I keep thinking season finales are coming around. Maybe because it's happening to BSG. :(

I thought they had a 20 episode season coming? That should take them through Feb/March or so, no?

UberBeaver said:
I'm diggin the Eden chick. I like her with the long hair.

I thought they had a 20 episode season coming? That should take them through Feb/March or so, no?

What I meant by that is that BSG's coming to its mid-season finale.

And Eden? Interesting to see how horn-rim got involved with her.

I was very surprised that the whole 6 months later thing actually had useful bearing on the forward moving plot. Granted I've come to expect quality from this show, but I really thought this would be one of those frivolous extra backstory episodes, only for the purpose of having more episodes.

Luckily, I was pleasantly surprised.

I think the producers of tv shows are now realizing that audiences will drop a show like a hot potato if you drag out a series.

Serial tv which muddles about is just asking to lose it's viewership. Self-contained shows like Law & Order. C.S.I or House which have a single episode have the advantage that anyone can sit down and watch an episode without really having seen any other episodes. Shows like 24, Lost and Prison Break can build up loyal followings but have difficulty picking up viewers mid-stream and if they piss off viewers with lack of progress or innovation in the story, people stop watching. Plus people remember getting their chains yanked by Twin Peaks, X-files, Alias and so on.

I gave up on Prison Break thanks to their mid-season hiatus and have dropped Lost too. Thanks to the internet, an episodic summary suffices for how it all turns out. And if the show ever rebounds, I can rent or buy the DVD. I missed the whole Firefly run but bought the DVD. I am sure advertisers and tv networks love this viewpoint. Less viewers, less ratings,less advertising revenue, but they may make some money on DVD sales. "Free" network tv is dying a slow lingering death.

About Firefly:

Fox fucked this series 3 times to Sunday by changing its times, making them redo the pilot that explains the entire show, and airing the episodes out of order.

They wanted a show like Buffy, but got a different one and tried to pull the plug.

That's the problem with network TV, people like the executives at Fox who cancel this series and Arrested Development, but greenlight such classics as The War at Home and 'Til Death.

Yes, tv is screwed up. Moving shows, pulling shows after two episodes, and not providing the money shot. I think there is smart tv and lowest common denominator tv. LCD tv is easy to push, smart tv takes committment, marketing and time. Kind of like fastfood vs a healthy homecooked meal.

24 is successful because there is a conclusion to each season. The viewer feels satisfied after committing themselves to the show.

Heroes producers better figure out that if this whole series is supposed to revolve around stopping that one explosion in the future, people will stop watching after a while. I think this is what will kill Lost, no conclusion, just a meandering endless storyline.

Lost is already dying in the water.

I think with Heroes, they should go the "humanity knows about evolved people" route.

some x-men-style persecution or something.

i don't know.

all i know is if the show becomes another Lost, I'm giving up.

How unexpected... hopefully you all are glued as I am to the set!!!

Peter's powers are getting me even more confused now. What the hell is he?!

Dammit, now we have to wait til January 22nd for yet another question to answers we'll never get. T__T

Last edited:
That was amazing.

SPOILERS

I get the feeling that Sylar will transfer his gained powers to Peter, especially since he has the power of persuasion now.
That does kind of debunk my theory about "save the cheerleader, save the world" where if Sylar takes Claire's powers, he will be indestructible. Claire is clearly alive in Peter's vision.
Then again, how much of it is true.

This show is riding on the same wave that Lost was in its very first season. They should stick to the British theory of television and make the series short and complete without stringing us along for years. I'd be satiated if it ended after just one season, actually. Tie up loose ends and be a mini-series.

I can't wait for January 22nd! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom