"Here Comes The Sun" Appreciation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
You gotta hand it to George.

People take for granted how difficult it is to write a pop song that encompasses pure joy the way this song does.

The way George sings 'the smiles returning to their faces' and 'I see that ice is slowly melting' and 'it seems like years since it's been clear' and of course, 'Here comes the sun'....and THAT middle 8 with THAT guitar riff and repetition and the 'sun sun sun here it comes' harmony...and the beautiful light guitar riff that drives the song....

:drool:

Love the song.....I think I prefer Piggies, Long Long Long and Something overall....

George was just on fire, simple as that....

In my opinion, the second best song George ever wrote and one of the very best tracks on Abbey Road (aka The Single Best Album ever produced). It's a mighty song. A mighty gorgeous song.

Here Comes the Sun is one of the most beautiful songs ever recorded. It doesn't just put a smile on my face, it makes me feel great.

It's been known to move me to occasional tears ... but I have to be in just that right mood. :wink:

It's usually McCartney that does perfect pop songs, but this was Harrison out-writing him at his own game. I think with Something and this song he actually outshines Lennon and McCartney on Abbey Road.

yes. this song is among the three best beatles songs ever - and among the best songs ever recorded.

Back
Top Bottom