Help with Baby Names

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please pick the name you like the most

• Myles Denree (Denree = Dan-ray)

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • Myles Julian

Votes: 33 61.1%
  • Myles Tyrell

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Myles Lloyd

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Myles Dante

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters

beli

Blue Crack Addict
Please give your opinion on the following boys names (we are still arguing about girls names). Please mention any sucky problems with these names.

We are scifi nuts hence the Denree, Tyrell, and Julian is long for Jules Verne (we didnt think Myles Jules worked as a name)

We are open to suggestion for other middle names :up:

Last edited:
I like Julian as a middle name. I'm not sure why really, but it's nice.

Even though I like the name Dante better, Julian just flows.. its perfect.

I vote Julian. Where I live, Dante and Tyrell are very ghetto names for drug dealers in the hood :uhoh: along with Tyrone.

U2Kitten: Where I live, Dante and Tyrell are very ghetto names for drug dealers in the hood along with Tyrone.

:ohmy: Didnt know that. Thanks for the tip. Those 2 names are hubbys choice.

Bammo2: I have always had a soft spot for the name Alexander

Ditto, funny you should bring that name up. Its family name of mine too and I adore it. But hubby cant stand it, unfortunately.

I really like the first name Julian but unfortunately every second child has that name here, hence having Julian as a middle name.

The Denree name is a character in the same movie we got my daughters name, Miette, from. A little girl called Miette spends most of the movie trying to rescue a smaller boy called Denree. Hence my interest in the name. They would make a set.

Tyrell is from Blade Runner, and obviously really bad USA neigbourhoods.

Lloyd was a bit of a silly notion. As is Lord. Both Lord and Strange are family names of mine and we were joking about calling the baby
Lord Strange Ireland-Johnston - but not for real obviously. The Lloyd morphed out of that joke.

Dante, well hubbys a big fan. There is all probability that our child will have blonde hair and blue eye and Dante sounds like a brown haired brown eyed boy to me. Is that silly or wot?

hmmm this is interesting, Im enjoying this poll. Please continue........

I personally prefer the name Vindaloo Ranja Sai Raj Mah Taj Mahal krishna Laxman.

It flows better off the tongue, my friend. Infact, let me tell you about rolling off a

Someone at the door....

Thank you.

beli said:

They would make a set.

My Dad wanted to have 3 children and call them Chorlotte, Emily & Ann after the Bronte sisters. :shifty:

Julian. :up:

I have never heard the names Denree or Tyrell. :slant:

I like the name Marc.

My username was too long so Sicy changed it said:
I personally prefer the name Vindaloo Ranja Sai Raj Mah Taj Mahal krishna Laxman.

:lol:

You know, we actually have clients at my work with names like that. :p

beli said:

:ohmy: Didnt know that. Thanks for the tip. Those 2 names are hubbys choice.

I guess you don't have ghettos and hoods in Australia;) Those aren't slang terms, it's just that those names are very popular here among young guys from the hood and you hear those names a lot on the news as someone who got shot, arrested, shot somebody else, etc. :shifty:

Like I said on the cat thread, you can pick whatever name you want but sometimes a nickname or variation of the name is one that sticks. It's happened in my family a lot:lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom