Help with Baby Names

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please pick the name you like the most

• Myles Denree (Denree = Dan-ray)

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • Myles Julian

Votes: 33 61.1%
  • Myles Tyrell

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Myles Lloyd

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Myles Dante

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters
As I read through the list, my instant reaction was Julian
Great minds think alike :)

La Cit? des enfants perdus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

Okay, so I only saw the first ten minutes of the movie because I was too tired to watch the rest, and it's a little too surreal for lazy viewing. But it's good? I bought Delicatessan last week because the DVD was ridiculously cheap at HMV, and really liked it.

Anyway, if I have a boy he'll be named John Dylan Ruddock (we'll call him Dylan, but it'll officially be his middle name since it sounds better that way around), and if it's a girl she'll be Serena Alessandra Ruddock. Those are the only names we have though we both want two or three kids, so if we have two boys or two girls they'll have to get numbers or something. Though if I have my way, the third child will be Count Binghampton von Nifferhaussen-Ruddock VII (even if it's a girl).

Brilliant movie. One of our favourites. AND we agree on that. You should watch it again. Much better than Amelie (cue name on girls name list) . I should buy Delicatessan one day too.

When are you marrying? August? So we shall expect to see photos of little Dylan or Serena in June 2005. :wink: </beli impersonating annoying older relatived>

I'll definitely watch it again in its entirity. I bought Delicatessan not even remembering that Jeunet directed it, just because as I was writing an essay on the film Un h?ros tr?s discret, I kept running across references to Delicatessan, since they're both postmodern films about Vichy France.

Yep, marrying August 12th. :D We're not planning to have kids for another three or four years (depending on money...but I'm aiming for three years...my clock is ticking! :crack: ). I apparently have to have a girl in February at some point, though, because my mom bought a ring with a diamond, an amythest, and a saphire in it (her birthday is in April and mine is in September, so there needs to be a grand-daughter born in February to justify the amythest birthstone).

Hey, I have been listening to the movie again. Denree. Theres an accent over the first e. Sometimes it sounds like Don-re, other times it sounds like Dan-re, and maybe its Dan-ray.

Any clues?

I like Julian a lot, but I don't really like Myles as a name (don't be offended).

My opinion is pretty worthless though, not to mention unhelpful ;)

Im not offended. Thats kewl :up:

We are keen on Myles cause its not too strongly masculine but is still a boys names. I live in a very macho male country and really dont want my child, if its a boy, to turn into some yobbo. My side of the country is even more male dominated cause its all mining industry here.

Its actually quite a fear of ours, not that we can have much control. Hence the softer name.

Actually we would have gone with Jules for a first name but figured he would get beaten up with that name here.

If we have a boy we are seriously thinking of moving to Melbourne.

beli said:
Yob -boooooo maaaaatteeeee

whilst bending the knees and simultaneously thrusting your pelvis and your beer forward. :|

*just got a mental picture of beli thrusting her pelvis forward* :laugh:

Kewl.

Miette Kira (first child)
La Cit? des enfants perdus, Star Trek

Myles Denree
Star Trek (slight spelling alteration), La Cit? des enfants perdus

or the other versions of Myles that I have mentioned.

or

Amelie somethingStarTrek
Amelie (same director), Star Trek

or

Arianne (after the French rocket) Something

Hamish and I met at the Star Trek club many many moons ago.

Last edited:
My cousin met her husband at an army new year's eve star trek party :huh:

Excuse my ignorance, but if you've only got 15 days to go surely they must be able to tell you what sex the baby is by now? Makes choosing a name easier...

Beli actually only has 4 days to go now.. I think her and her hub decided to not find out the gender, even though it's possible to tell from 20 weeks approximately.

Back
Top Bottom