help toys for tots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Screaming Flower

ONE love, blood, life
if you go to the link below and click on the marine corps toys for tots program link, excedrin will donate $1 to toys for tots. no purchase, no cost, no info -- just a click is all they want so you look at their ad.

they restrict you to one click per day. it's an easy way to donate to a very worthy cause.

:heart: click me. :heart:

can someone explain to me technically how this works? I always thought this kind of thing was a scam; why would any company donate $$ if someone clicked on a link? just because of publicity?

I never knew how this worked! :shrug:

oliveu2cm said:
can someone explain to me technically how this works? I always thought this kind of thing was a scam; why would any company donate $$ if someone clicked on a link? just because of publicity?

Publicity, advertising, looking like a generous company worthy of support, or possibly even actually being a generous company :p

daisybean said:
Thanks for the link...I already donated a couple of toys at my local drive.

Doesn't it give you warm fuzzies when you think of less fortunate children havin' toys on Christmas mornin'? Dad and I decided to not worry too much about gifts for each other, and we instead took two girls' names off of an angel tree and bought gifts for them. They wanted things like Barbie dolls and an Easy Bake oven. Every little girl needs to have an Easy Bake oven sometime in her life!!! :) Gifts aren't the true meaning of Christmas...but to kids...it just means so much. Dad told me he would have felt bad if he and Mom hadn't been able to afford gifts for my sister and me on Christmas...it must be so hard for parents too. :(

SkeeK said:
Publicity, advertising, looking like a generous company worthy of support, or possibly even actually being a generous company :p
:yes:

mind you, those e-mails you get that say "forward this and such-and-such company will donate $5,000,000 per person you forward this to!" are shams. they could track who reads the e-mail, but they can't track how many people you send it to!

Years ago some friends and I volunteered for "Toys For Tots." It's such a great organization. On a certain day, they'd lay out every toy that was donated from all over onto rows and rows of tables. Depending on how many toys were donated, they'd say (for example) each kid can pick 5 toys and their parents coudln't tell them what to get. There were sooooo many cool toys that we wanted for ourselves!! We had such a great time there. And it was so great to see that the kids were genuinely happy for the toys they picked.

That sounds like so much fun, Cleasai! I wish I knew someone here so I could do something like that. Unfortunately, not having a car, it's kinda hard. :slant:

My fiance's parents both work for children's charities. His mom works for a small charity that gives toys to children. :)

Back
Top Bottom