Help Please!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lil_witch

The Fly
Hi everybody!! I'm in desperately need of help: I'm doing a project for school, it's an essay about the trip I did to Crete earlier this month. The problem is that I'm in charge of the "soundtrack" of this essay (we're doing it with both pics and text with Powerpoint), and I don't really have a clue about which song I should choose. Please help me! I need 4-5 songs about travelling!
thanks in advance,
Arianna

Oh come on. You can do your own homework. Go through your music collection and find songs that you feel like work with the pictures and text you're using. We don't have that in front of us nor were we on the trip with you, so we can't really be of much help.

ehm...okay..I just thought that some of you might have known more songs than me and so they could just give me the names and I'd listen to the songs...thanks anyway

BonoIsMyMuse said:
Oh come on. You can do your own homework. Go through your music collection and find songs that you feel like work with the pictures and text you're using. We don't have that in front of us nor were we on the trip with you, so we can't really be of much help.

The person was just asking, dont need to be negative there:eyebrow:

tpsreports2424 said:

The person was just asking, dont need to be negative there:eyebrow:

I wasn't being negative. I was giving her a suggestion so that she could do it herself, which is how she's going to learn. It's going to be much more personal and much more meaningful for her to choose songs that matter in some way to her and to her memories of the trip than for us to just tell her what to use.

What you needed to do lil-witch is say you needed the songs for a travel mix cd. People would be falling all over themselves giving you suggestions. :wink:

Roam -- B52s
Vacation -- Go Gos
Radar Love -- Golden Earring
Wide Open Road -- the Triffids
Going Mobile -- The Who
Gasoline -- Catherine Wheel
Running on Empty -- Jackson Browne
Born To Be Wild -- Steppenwolf
Highway To Hell -- AC/DC
Thunder Road -- Bruce Springsteen

The problem with these songs is most are great road trip songs, but I doubt they are good class assignment songs or good "feel of Crete" songs. They cover partying, summer flings, breakups, and hell-raising, but somehow, unless your teacher has a good sense of humour, I don't think they are gonna work for you. Sorry. ...maybe an instrumental would work better?

Try some post-rock.

"Soundtracks for movies that don't exist." :drool:

inmyplace13 said:
"Soundtracks for movies that don't exist." :drool:

I've made 10 of those. Literally. It's my specialty. I even made one with a summery road trip vibe.

1. Blur - For Tomorrow
2. Stone Roses - She Bangs The Drums
3. Van Morrison - Brown-Eyed Girl
4. The Kinks - Drivin'
5. Supergrass - Sitting Up Straight
6. Suede - The Drowners
7. U2 - Staring At The Sun
8. Nick Drake - Pink Moon
9. Led Zeppelin - Going To California
10. Pink Floyd - Fearless
11. Sufjan Stevens - Chicago
12. U2 - Promenade
13. Gorillaz - El Mañana
14. The Who - Sunrise
15. Blur - Battery In Your Leg
16. Supergrass - Time
17. Marvin Gaye - Inner City Blues
18. Stevie Wonder - Higher Ground
19. Scott McKenzie - San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Hair)
20. Flaming Lips - Bad Days

Runtime: 75:59

Seriously, try it. The flow is superb.

WOW!! Thanks guys for being so kind and thanks for your advice.
Me and my friends ended up yesterday at 1am trying to tranfer music for my iPod to the computer, but we couldn't do it :mad: . In the end we chose only a song and I downloaded it from the Internet (legally!:wink: ).
Anyway, when I handed in our essay, our teacher loved it and she said she wanted to publish it on the Internet! :D

@bonoismymuse: Please, do not think that I'm a lazy person and that I didn't want to do my own homework by myself, it's just that I didn't know ANY song about travelling (not necessarily about Crete/Greece) and I thought some of you could help me.

lil_witch said:
WOW!! Thanks guys for being so kind and thanks for your advice.
Me and my friends ended up yesterday at 1am trying to tranfer music for my iPod to the computer, but we couldn't do it :mad: . In the end we chose only a song and I downloaded it from the Internet (legally!:wink: ).
Anyway, when I handed in our essay, our teacher loved it and she said she wanted to publish it on the Internet! :D

@bonoismymuse: Please, do not think that I'm a lazy person and that I didn't want to do my own homework by myself, it's just that I didn't know ANY song about travelling (not necessarily about Crete/Greece) and I thought some of you could help me.

You can't type all this and then not tell us what song you picked! :wink:

:wink: it was the first one on my list and I was way too tired to download another one: Promenade-U2

:hyper: forgot to say: this is a national contest, and the top 20 *fingers crossed* are going to Triest on a 2 week vacation in September!!

Back
Top Bottom