Help Me Identify a 1970's Toy Robot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

david

ONE love, blood, life
I purchased this today for 6 dollars, I was wondering what toy line it's from. All I know is that it's made by Imperial and it's dated 1978.

robo1.jpg

robo2.jpg

Thanks.

yeah, it's not the lost in space guy robot, or robby the robot, i think he might be frmo the disney movie "the black hole" i am not too sure.

it's hard doing a search for it when you have no real idea what it's from. it looks like an R2-D2 clone though, but just uglier :p

are there any other markings on it? like on the bottom of the feet or base?

ABEL said:
are there any other markings on it? like on the bottom of the feet or base?

No, just the company name "Imperial" and the date "!978" as well as Hong Kong. That is all.

david, I have no idea where that robot is from...I'm pretty sure it's not anything from Lost In Space or Disney's The Black Hole. I would suggest if you really want to find out, that you contact some toy/comic book dealers in your area and they might know or be able to find out what it is.

If you don't find out by April what it is, there is a Sci-Fi convention here in April that I always go to. They have a huge toy-show dealers/collectors room, and I can take the picture along and ask if anyone knows what it might be.

Back
Top Bottom