help me buy a car!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popkidu2

War Child
3 choices:

Honda CR-V
Subaru Forrester
Nissan Exterra

Wadda ya think?

I live where it snows like crazy. 4WD isn't an indulgence when you're driving through the white mountains in a snow storm....

So anyone have a suggestion?

Between those 3, I prefer the XTerra. Get it with some of the neat little adventure options too.

My personal recommendation would be to find a still-new-on-the-lot 2001 Jeep Cherokee; they stopped making them in June to make way for the goofy little Jeep Liberty, but you could possibly find some, maybe even with a 0% interest plan. I special ordered one back in 1996 and I never want to get rid of it. I also like the Wrangler, but you would probably want a hardtop due to the cold weather up there in Maine or wherever you are.

~U2Alabama

Originally posted by popkidu2:
3 choices:

Honda CR-V
Subaru Forrester
Nissan Exterra

Wadda ya think?

I live where it snows like crazy. 4WD isn't an indulgence when you're driving through the white mountains in a snow storm....

So anyone have a suggestion?

if you're that concerned about the snow issue i'd stick to the subaru, excellent 4wd systems.
my father has an x5 that is givin' me cavities 'cause it's to damn sweet, but i think it's a little out of that price range.

------------------
Kobayashi's bizarre use of colour, superfast editing and extreme camera angles, coupled with a hilariously deadpan performance by Toshiro Takemitsu as the inspector who discovers a whole family of ghosts travelling without valid tickets, remains without peer.

hmm, Id go the new TS50. 5speed V8, 255-300kw, tickford enhanced sports perfoprmance, independant wishbone, variable cam shaft, standard 11 speaker 10 stack system, power/electric everything, blah blah, I wont bore you folks of interf anymore.

Go the Subaru. Beautiful cars.

you can have mine, a Nissan Terrano II. It?s excellent in snow and ice.

But if you want to choose between those 3 types you mentioned, I?d say g ofor the Subaru. It?s ugly, but it?s way better in snow and ice then the other ones.

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Back
Top Bottom