HELP!!! Major attraction - should I pursue him???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi everyone! This is a strange question to post on a U2 message board, but here goes...

I'm just wondering whether anyone could offer me some advice. There is a guy I have been working with for about 3 months who I am madly attracted to. The first time I saw him I felt an immediate attraction to him. A lot of the time when we are in the office alone, I feel as if you could cut the air with a knife, the sexual energy feels so intense at least on my part(don't get me wrong - this is not a pure lust thing - I'm looking for a relationship!). Is it possible for one person to feel this sensation so strongly and the other to feel nothing??? I desperately hope that he is feeling something too!!!

He is kind of shy, but we talk and I at least think he likes me as a friend. I have been looking for signals from him that he is interested on a deeper level, but am not sure. My problem is that he is leaving work in a week's time, and I need to do something (and fast!!!) so that I might be able to see him again. What should I do??? I was thinking of giving him my number, but if I do (I'm chicken!), when should I (do I wait till the last minute before he leaves to avoid the embarrassment of possible rejection???), and what should I say to make sure he knows I want him to call me soon??? (Without sounding desperate!) Please help me - I am absolutely dying here!!! It's driving me crazy, and am thinking about him all the time!!!

Thanks for listening to my rant!!!!

Any suggestions???

biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by mad1 (edited 04-04-2002).]

I mean to write more but I accidentally hit the enter button.
But seriously, take a deep breath and make your move. It's the perfect situation--> he is leaving work! You don't want to date anyone you work with, so the timing is impeccable. Plus this way, if he by chance doesn't share your desires, you never have to see him again, so go for it!! It's all good!! You have nothing to lose!
biggrin.gif

No, this is what I would do......say it was me leaving and it was Z-Edges hot pants I was after, right? Well I would do the following...........

..on the last day I would walk right up to Z-Edge moments before leaving, and whether it be in front of everyone or alone, Id give him a long lingerin kiss, for seconds, finishing with a smile and drawing my hand down the side of his face in admiration....then Id slip my number into his hand and say.......'If your keen - you know what I mean!'...and then slowly walk away, out and be gone...........

........and just.......wait!!!!

biggrin.gif

Don't let the possibility of a great guy get away forever. It's not worth a little bit of embarassment to be wondering "what if." Go for it!

Corner him on his own one day and strike up some conversation and then simply drop in if he fancies going for a drink after work. The worst he can do is say no and, because no-one else heard it, the only person you'll have trouble facing is him. And because he'd politely declined the offer you'd probably hate him anyway!

So go and do it! You will only blame yourself afterwards if you don't. You have two weeks to do it. Report back.

go to a party, get drunk and act all nice to him. then have your friends tell him that you really like him and he should ask you out.

Ummm ...or just give him your number and say you'd really like to see him some more.

You really have no excuse NOT to do anything though!!

[This message has been edited by SkeeK (edited 04-04-2002).]

Thanks for the encouragement guys!!!
biggrin.gif
I think I just needed to hear some positive feedback before I do anything. The thing is that I have been out of the whole dating thing for such a long time. I was in a long term relationship which broke up last year, (although it had been falling apart for a long while!!!), and really I am just scared I guess when it comes down to it.

The person who said that I have no excuse for not doing anything - you're right!
biggrin.gif

I will pluck up the courage to give him my number this week (he leaves work this coming Friday). I don't want to regret anything. I guess it IS kind of perfect really - I've gotten to know him well enough to know I really do like him, and if something was to happen, it's much better that we aren't at the same workplace together!!! On the other hand, if it doesn't go any further, at least I won't have to face the daily humiliation of it all!!!

I still keep looking for signals he likes me. He did something really sweet for me the other day though. He offered to put away a stack of files for me (I was really busy and he had some time to do it to help me out...). Don't know if this was just because he's just a really nice guy and he'd do it for anyone, or whether there was more to it than that. Surely it's a good sign at least - what a darling!!!
smile.gif
(Boys, some advice: this is the nice sort of thing that girls like! I was more than capable of doing it myself, but it was so nice that he had thought to help me out!!! Believe me, that wouldn't occur to some people!!!)

------------------
"I'll see you again, when the stars fall from the sky, and the moon has turned red, over One Tree Hill"

By the way, I forgot to mention before that he looks a bit like our old buddy Larry Mullen Jnr (OK - if you squint a bit!!!)
biggrin.gif

I'll keep you posted - developments to happen next week!!! Feel free to offer some more hints. Guys, what would you like a girl to do/say to you in a similar situation??? (Humourous suggestions invited also!!!)
biggrin.gif

Thanks everyone,

LD

smile.gif
definitely you should do something, everyone's already given some good examples but whatever u do dont let it slip past... cause like someone said there's always that what if... will kill you for awhile.... lol....

this is why i loved the movie Amelie so much... since im a guy it was great seeing a girl go through the exact same emotions that ive always had.... its so hard to bring yourself to say something that exposes yer heart.... but

like in amelie... if u dont try, your heart will become brittle like glass like the Glass man's bones in the movie... so true...

Ask for his number first, then offer him yours. Then there's more of an equal responsibility.

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

I think I'll give him my number, so then it throws it back onto him to call me. Then if he likes me he will, and if he's not interested he won't bother.

Then I started wondering...(which is bad news!). What if I give him my number and he gives me his as well. I won't know whether it's him just being polite. Then I have the problem of what an acceptable amount of time is until I/he calls - I'd love to call straight away, but I don't want to look desperate!!! LOL

Hey Zoomanda!!! I haven't been around for ages (too busy working out relationship crises you see! LOL)
smile.gif
Good to see you also!

Just wanted to ask everyone about the sexual energy/chemistry thing. Do you think it's possible for only one person to feel it so strongly when you are in the room with the other? My friend keep saying that "if you feel it that strongly, then chances are he does too" - but I'm not convinced!!!

------------------
"I'll see you again, when the stars fall from the sky, and the moon has turned red, over One Tree Hill"

Back
Top Bottom