Help!How to study in USA as an international student!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crazyu2

The Fly
on the higher staircase, to the higher ground
Hello every1! This thread is for those of you who are studying in the USA as international students.I am currently enrolled in highschool and I plan to begin my admission process to some US universities as an international students. I have taken all the required tests and now I'm experiencing troubles with the essays and finding the right university. If there is anyone round here who had applied at an US university and has ben accepted(especially from Romania,where I am from), please let me, so we can exchange some information. Please let me also know if you are currently applying to the universities. I would be glad to hear about you experiences with the American educational system. I am mostly interested in finding universities who award financial aidto international studentsThank you!

I'm originally from one of your neighbouring countries actually, and I will apply to some US schools for the purpose of a graduate program next fall. I have an advantage of having gotten my undergraduate degree in Canada, so while I'm considered an international student, I don't have to jump through as many hoops.

From what I've seen, the larger (or more prestigious) a school is, the more they are used to high caliber international students showing up there. Those schools are much more organized with providing you information and getting your F-1 visa to you promptly. But you will also not qualify for US gov't aid, so you're best off securing either a scholarship directly from the school (I really have no idea which ones give the most money to undergrads), or securing private loans. Securing a private loan in the US is really tricky w/out a co-signor, but many schools have their own loan programs to help you out.

Also, remember the US is a very geographically/climatically diverse place. You'd be best off investigating where these places are so that you don't think you're going to the beach but accidentally end up in Milwaukee instead. :wink:

How odd. I happen to be researching this very same question for a friend of a friend. You might try looking at this site for help.

Good luck! My boyfriend (who is from Africa) got a scholarship to study in the States, but it was entirely an out-of-the-blue lucky coincidence.

Back
Top Bottom