Help Finish John Mayer's Song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Saw this on Yahoo! news and thought it sounded very cool. Too bad I can't play an instrument or write music.

Mayer Needs Fans to Help Finish His Song

NEW YORK - John Mayer has writer's block — and he wants your help. The soft-voiced rocker is calling on fans to make a song out of some lyrics that didn't make it onto his upcoming album.

"I'm inviting all aspiring songwriters to write their own chords and melodies around my lyrics," Mayer writes in the September issue of Esquire, on newsstands Aug. 15. "You can tell people we wrote a song together."

Mayer, who has written a monthly column for Esquire for more than a year, urges people to send a CD of their song to the magazine's music department. The lyrics and information on submissions, due Sept. 30, can be found in the upcoming issue.

One line reads: "I've got dreams to remember, I've got days to forget/I've got some phone calls in to God but he ain't called me back just yet."

The 27-year-old singer writes that the lyrics were left over from a tune intended for "Continuum," his third studio album. The song ended up an instrumental, so Mayer is "looking to make some use of the time and emotion I spent writing (the lyrics)."

The best submissions will be featured on Esquire's Web site. Mayer will pick the winner, who will receive a Fender John Mayer Signature Stratocaster guitar.

Re: Re: Help Finish John Mayer's Song

Bonochick said:

Why did that make me laugh?

What, you mean you dont think that John Mayer has helped to define the Stratocaster as a guitar????!!!

Yeah, I guess I dont either.

My ambient heavy metal hip-hop infused folk version is pending.

After all, the goal is to be consistent with the Mayer trademark style.

Back
Top Bottom