Help!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
Mum lent me a Sheridan handtowel the other day when I went to the gym and I just pulled it out of the washing machine and something VERY dark blue has run all over it. I dont have Dylon Runaway or anything similar so I have it soaking in some boiling hot NappySan.

The towel is champagne coloured. I dont know how to remove this without dye remover.

:sad:
I'm heading to the Sheridan outlet tomorrow aren't I.

A little late to be telling you this, but anything hot sets stains.

:yikes: Good luck.

I did textiles and design at high school. And while I was filling the laundry tub I thought to myself 'I dont think this water should be hot...' but I was in a hurry...

:scream:
I think I'll be replacing her $50 handtowel.

:sigh:
I am dying my hair currently, so with the night I'm having, it will work a treat :up:

:|

thanks ylime :hug:

I would guess we are talking australian dollars here, which is still a lot of money

Do you have a product called 'Oxi Clean' in OZ?

It may be called something else down there but it works on stains. My daughter had spilled grape juice on her white t shirt. I had washed it and dried it in the dryer. I then noticed that the stain had not come out.:mad:

I used the oxi clean and it got the stain out :yes:

This product has this Mom's seal of approval :up:

I think we do have Oxi Clean. Isn't it an engine degreaser? :lol:
I got some Runaway today and it's faded it. It is not repaired. I will venture into the Sheridan shop some time this week. My nan got the towel set for mum and dad's 112th wedding anniversary or something. These aren't the kind of towel sets you buy yourself.

Thankfully mum and dad are away this weekend so she cant ask me about it. Maybe I can give her the new one and she will never know...:shifty:

Thanks for your help everyone!

Just a tip with the purchasing replacement towels - theres a little decorative bit towards both ends of the towel. Where there is no shag and theres a few rows of stitching - this bit varies from year to year and the "name' of the towel.

There is a fashion in towels, much the way tattoo inks change from year to year but may well just look like "blue" to you and me, the stitching changes in towels. The stitching also changes depending on the price of the towel.

ie you might find a towel that looks exactly the same but is actually from a different set.

Take the hand towel with you to Sheridon. You wont notice the different fashion in stitching but when your Mum hangs the hand towel next to the bath towel she might notice, as mothers are apt to do.

Dont ask how I know this :crack:

Angela Harlem said:
Mum lent me a Sheridan handtowel the other day when I went to the gym and I just pulled it out of the washing machine and something VERY dark blue has run all over it. I dont have Dylon Runaway or anything similar so I have it soaking in some boiling hot NappySan.

The towel is champagne coloured. I dont know how to remove this without dye remover.

:sad:
I'm heading to the Sheridan outlet tomorrow aren't I.

try with fire......i actually think it may work! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom