Hells Kitchen Returns!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Although I do like all three of them, I'd been hoping it would come down to Corey and Petrozza. Christina probably secured her final two spot by being so great in the individual challenges.

That was great of Corey to check the sauce to make sure it was right...but you don't do that AFTER you've already poured it on the meat. :doh:

I was pretty impressed with Corey when she identified the raspberry in the sauce on the challenge. I'm sorry to see her go.

I made a comment to the wife when Christina won the challenge, which was basically decided by Ramsay, very subjective, that "I wonder if he chose her because she's 25 single and female and Petrozza is 47 and male".

Later when they were lining up for the firing squad, Ramsay made a comment about it was to decide who was going to the final, the wife said "Its not gonna be Christina", I replied, "if it is Christina, then he must be banging her on the side"...they went to commercial, came back and Ramsay made his choice, to which I said, "He's definitely banging her".

And can anyone tell me why Petrozza always has those rubber bands around his fingers? :der:

To get a better grip on handles.

I used to use them when I was bartending. The glasses would not slide down when your hands were moist or wet.

^ I know you were happy to see Matt tonight

he has been your favorite, since the Blindfold Taste Test when he said, "the texture was like eating a cat…not that I've ever eaten cat before."

Almost a waste of an hour.
Though it was funny seeing them pick out stuff
Christina: "I don't like florals"
Pan to Mr. BAW "I like flowers, lots of flowers"

Uniforms:

Mr. BAW: "I like the green"
Pan to Christina: "I don't like the green chef uniforms"
Pan back to Mr. BAW: "I love the chef uniforms"
Pan back to Christina: "I have to go bang Gordie again to make sure I win next week"

Jenkitchen_0.jpg

Jen should have been in the finals

and won the whole thing

Chef made a big mistake. :yes:

Jen and Matt are simply nightmares in the kitchen :crack:

Good job on both parts tonite though :up: I think it was a total toss up.

Watching the finale gave me no reason to change my theory:
Pan back to Christina: "I have to go bang Gordie again to make sure I win next week"

Petrozza goes with a more challenging menu, Christina serves simple hamburgers.
Christina has food returned to the kitchen, Petrozza does not.

Christina wins...yeah OK.

Yeah but I think overall she did progress a lot considering she was just a culinary student. And I liked her assertiveness in the kitchen.. looks like she may be able to run a kitchen ok. Petrozza is old and dirty.. :wink: I am not surprised he would choose Christina.

P was very unorganized, that's why he lost. Xtina was able to mature as the competition carried on.

Good choice by chef.

I just watched the finale...it was a toss up for sure....I would have loved to have heard or seen the diners comment cards...if Christina's food got more favorable comments, then she deserved to win...but since we don't get to see those comments, it could be that Chef Ramsay just chooses:hmm:

P was very unorganized, that's why he lost. Xtina was able to mature as the competition carried on.

Good choice by chef.

Totally.

Petrozza procrastinated and left his planning till the last minute, he's disorganized, and he was unaware that he was running out of food. You can teach someone to be more aware of food quality, but I don't think you can teach someone to be organized and to get work done ahead of time quite as easily.

Totally.

Petrozza procrastinated and left his planning till the last minute, he's disorganized, and he was unaware that he was running out of food. You can teach someone to be more aware of food quality, but I don't think you can teach someone to be organized and to get work done ahead of time quite as easily.

Agreed. Petrozza would be fine to run a small, family-owned restaurant focused more on food quality rather than efficiencies. His food looked quite good, I must say... that lobster souffle :drool:

On the other hand, Christina looked more efficient, organized, clean and a quick learner - all attributes I would want in someone who is running a larger place where you have to ensure the standards are maintained and where most of the dishes are probably designed by Ramsay. Also, if I remember correctly, she will be under the close supervision of the Exec. Chef of Gordon´s restaurant in New York so she has time to adapt.

Given her age and the fact that she was still a student, I was quite impressed by Christina... She even started to look hotter to me as the shows passed by... :reject: she should do the Bachelorette next. :lol:

Sicy, you should book a table at the London LA´s opening night and let us know what you think. :wink: After taking my wife to a surprise dinner at Gordon´s restaurant at Royal Hospital Road in London, I must say I was quite impressed.

Any of you Ramsey fans, I urge you to look for the BBC version of Kitchen Nightmares, it's SO good. While he's still yell-y and bitchy and swears a lot when it's warranted (and the swearing isn't edited :drool: ), it also shows him being more compassionate too, so you're seeing all sides of him. There have been a couple of episodes where he's gone in to help the owners of restaurants, and he's taken a liking to young line/sous chefs who really work hard and have their shit together. When the restaurant owner inevitably ends up being a inept idiot and the restaurant closes down, Gordon will hire the chef to work for one of his establishments. I think he really recognizes talent and people who work hard, and is willing to nurture that. One episode in particular I can remember this happening in was a small restaurant in France.

Anyway...honestly, after seeing the BBC versions of his shows, the FOX shows kinda bug me. :reject: FOX has this need to produce over-dramatized shows, and when it comes to Ramsey, that's not necessary at all, he's entertaining enough on his own without making them all dramatic and cheesy.

Sometimes Food Network Canada re-airs some of his BBC shows, but if you can't get them in the US, they're readily available on torrent.

Back
Top Bottom