Hedwig

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elizabeth

New Yorker
I just saw the play "Hedwig and the Angry Inch."

Not this Hedwig.
hedwig.jpg

THIS HEDWIG.

hedwig.jpg

anyone else seen it? anyone care to comment on it? do you think the story line warrants the kind of fan-hysteria that goes with Rocky Horror? Isn't it a little too tragically sad for giggles?

My best friend has seen it many times, and raves about how good it is. I saw a little bit of it once, and it does seem to have a bit of a Rocky Horror similarity that could deserve that fan hysteria.

They're actually putting on Hedwig And The Angry Inch during an annual theatre festival in my city this summer. My friend will likely be going to see it; maybe I'll go along with her. :hmm:

Hehe...I knew exactly what "Hedwig" you were referring to even before I clicked on this thread. :sexywink:

Melon

maro_chik said:
My best friend has seen it many times, and raves about how good it is. I saw a little bit of it once, and it does seem to have a bit of a Rocky Horror similarity that could deserve that fan hysteria.

They're actually putting on Hedwig And The Angry Inch during an annual theatre festival in my city this summer. My friend will likely be going to see it; maybe I'll go along with her. :hmm:

are you in hartford?

the play was supposed to only run until june 8 here but it was SOOO g-dam popular they stretched it until last night. i went to the last show, the midnight show.

the guy who played hedwig was AMAZING!!

Elizabeth....I would suggest renting the movie on DVD. I rented it with a friend this past winter andloved the movie, but loved the "DVD Extras" even more. It gives you a good history of the play - and the different charachters that played Hedwig in NY.

And like Melon, I knew what Hedwig you were talking about.

well it's good to know a lot people know which hedwig is which!

now i have another question.

i swear someone else in some other movie or play or musical or something sings the sugar daddy song...but i can't for the live of me remember who or where!!! i swear i heard it somewhere BEFORE i saw the movie...and someone said, "oh that's from hedwig..." and then i added the movie to my netflix queue...we just watched it...and then a memory was triggered...and i've been frustrated trying to remember...

the wig in a box song IS excellent...but who else would've sang the sugar daddy song?

a concert i went to?
a tv show?
a movie?
a movie on tv?
someone at a bar?

where did i see it before?

why do i keep picturing some woman in cowboy clothes singing it?

Back
Top Bottom