Heard a lot about Interpol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
I've seen Interpol on virtually every best of 2002 that's worth anything, anyone have their album or seen them? Opinions? I'm trying to download some of their songs.

I've heard them compared to Joy Division alot - so if you like JD, you might like Interpol.

I'm seeing them in concert in a month or so.. hopefully I'll have more to report when I get back! :wave:

I saw them play Friday night, down in Newport, Ky... they were really good, and it was a fun show, I have "Turn on the Bright Lights", really like that album alot.....

I saw them about2 months ago in San Diego. Awesome live show. They were very tight. Their album is great, very much in the same vein as Joy Division & early Cure.

turn on the bright lights more than deserves the recognition
it's VERY good

Yes indeedy.
Anyone heard of this band from Sweden called Leaves? Their album is available thru import. It's called "Breathe" & it's good. Sometimes the songs veer really close to Coldplay & Radiohead, but f you can get past that it's great. Actuallly, it sorta sounds like Ian McCulloch fronting Coldplay. Very 80's.

HeadsOnSticks said:
Yes indeedy.
Anyone heard of this band from Sweden called Leaves? Their album is available thru import. It's called "Breathe" & it's good. Sometimes the songs veer really close to Coldplay & Radiohead, but f you can get past that it's great. Actuallly, it sorta sounds like Ian McCulloch fronting Coldplay. Very 80's.

Yeah, I've had the Leaves' album for a while. It's okay, but not one that stands out enough for me to listen to over and over again. I don't even think I've listened to it since June! :eek:

HeadsOnSticks said:
where did they play?!

Oops, I meant Interpol.

I have the Leaves cd too. It's good, but I don't listen to it that much either. I like the first track, "I Go Down" or something.

I bought Interpol's album last night, I like it. I'll have to give my opinions after I listen to it multiple times. Definately better than most of the crap out there these days.

Yeah, everyone needs to go buy this quick. Man did this cd hit the spot for me today when I listened to it. FANTASTIC album. It was definately deserving of the hype. I'm suprised people in this forum arent talking about these guys more, they're a whole lot better than most of the groups that get so much stuff posted about them here in this forum.

u2popmofo said:
Yeah, everyone needs to go buy this quick. Man did this cd hit the spot for me today when I listened to it. FANTASTIC album. It was definately deserving of the hype. I'm suprised people in this forum arent talking about these guys more, they're a whole lot better than most of the groups that get so much stuff posted about them here in this forum.
:up:
I have bought it 2 months ago :up:

Back
Top Bottom