Have you ever ordered anything from an infomercial?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosloveslave

Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Staff member
Ok, so I kinda have a small problem with buying stuff on infomercials, wondered if anybody else does too and/or what have you bought and been impressed (or not impressed) with.

My tally so far:

Pro-activ = I still use it occasionally, never made a drastic difference with my complexion. :(

Nads = :down: Good God this stuff is useless! And I actually went around looking like an ape woman for a month waiting to use this stuff!

Mega Memory system = I got about 1/2 way through the tapes and then forgot about it :lmao:

Foodsaver = I've used it a few times but I don't have a ton of freezer space so until I get an extra freezer...... The one good thing it has been useful for is my wedding dress - instead of getting it "preserved", I cleaned it myself and then stuffed it into one of the Foodsaver bags. It seems like a good idea, I guess I won't know how it actually worked for another 30 years!

Oxi-clean = Helped me clean my wedding dress, has worked great on my carpet stains.

Pro-trim paint roller = works ok, but you can definitely get comparable rollers really cheap at alot of hardware stores (I think I spent about $20 and have seen similar stuff for $5)
*slaps forehead*

Miracle Blade III Perfection Series knives = I just ordered them....

I have been really tempted recently by the Revo Hair Styler since I am a round-brush retard, but haven't succumbed yet.

Actually, of the above things, I only ordered Nads from the actual infomercial; everything else I just said, ohhhh, that sounds cool, let's try to find it cheaper somewhere else. I've learned to check QVC first, they sell alot of infomercial stuff much cheaper and with better S/H costs, and a good return policy. Ebay works for some things too, that where I found MegeMemory and that's where it will go back to when I'm done with it!

So anybody else have infomercial issues? Hmmm? It's ok, be honest, this is a safe place..... ;)

haha!
I will cop to my infomercial buy...
I tried Proactiv too, it made my skin a lot more soft and healthier looking but dosen't really clear anything up. I do suggest it as just a good system for skin care in general.
When I tried to cancel my shipments, the idiots wouldn't listen and it turned into this huge ordeal. Now I have 2 unopened boxes of the stuff I don't want and I can't seem to sell them to anyone else either lol

My friends family used to order stuff all the time:

Oxy-clean -That stuff really does work well, we got stains out of the carpet that had been there for yeeaaarrrs

Nordic-trak - Or some generic version of it, that thing where you swing your legs out back and forth and look foolish. I don't think it really got anyone in shape, but is sure was fun to paly with! :yes:

Ab-roller - That thing worked well, but it's quite painful

Some sort of kitchen stuff...graters and knives and such, all that stuff worked

That's all I can think of, but it seemed like every week they'd have something coming in.

yeah i am a sucker for those infomercials.

i too bought Pro-Active. it has worked well for me, but i do not think it is a miracle product, because i still have problems with breakouts. i am not happy to see that there have been problems with canceling the orders. that is not good news.

ab-roller - the most painful thing i have ever purchased. that did work well for me too, but damn did that hurt.

oxyclean - well i did not buy it from the television, i got it at the store and i love that stuff.

nads - yes i bought that crap too but again only at a store. i used it one time. it worked but messy as hell. i rather pay a professional to do this.

My sister bought that Flat Hose...I was visiting her the weekend she ordered it, and she was all excited. Then she got it...used it once...and called me up...

BC's Sister: Kate!! I got my Flat Hose!

BC: Oh, are you having fun??

BC's Sister: No!!! The $%#*!*@ piece of $#&! already ripped!!!!!!!!

:laugh: Poor Julie...she had been so excited!

I've been tempted by that Revo Styler too.....but you know it is...it always works so well on TV, and then it works like crap when you get it, it seems.

What about that Ding King or whatever that claims it can remove dings from your car? I always laugh at that...I can't believe that actually works! Has anybody gotten that?

What about that Ding King or whatever that claims it can remove dings from your car? I always laugh at that...I can't believe that actually works! Has anybody gotten that?

That little suction cup thing?
hahahaha!!! That cracks me up...that can not possibly work, I just imagine getting it and having all sorts of new dings from sticking that thing onto the car

That RevoStyler scares me, I just know it would become possesed like something in a bad horror movie and eat all my hair up and I'd have to walk around all day explaining to ppl why there's this thing stuck to my head
:lol:

Winsor Pilates - IT's actually quite good. AT least, I'm enjoying it. I've always danced, so it's sort of like dancing....and I;ve always wanted to try pilates but it's not offered anywhere in my area.

I wonder what happens when I get bored of the video.

Bonochick said:

I've been tempted by that Revo Styler too.....but you know it is...it always works so well on TV, and then it works like crap when you get it, it seems.

I like the part where the older woman is using the Revo, and then her husband comes in, sees her hair, and they throw their arms around each other and make out. LOL :laugh:

sometimes i buy stuff from infomercials like those drawing sets for my daughter. its rare that i buy anything else. just stuff my little girl wants. she wanted me to buy her a dance video so she can 'break a few moves' but nah...dont think so lol.

Just as well i don't watch much TV, cause Id' be a right sucker for a good product

I have experienced both ends of the spectrum

I handwashed until my 3rd child was born. I saw a product on an infomercial, a BAMIX pressure washer, a hand-operated thing. It was a brilliant!! It saved me heaps of effort. I LOVED my friend the BAMIX.
For some reason it came with a half-sized wok....myomy I love that thing too. I don't have the pressure washer anymore(it died of old age and overuse:( ) but the wok is still a goer. So I'm a happy customer on that one.

Hmmmmm, the other experience? I sent money for a product(not telling:ohmy: :lol: ), to a company that didn't even exist, the whole thing was a scam, including the weeks of TV advertising they did. I hope they are growing warts on their palms, that bunch!!! But lesson learned. I won't buy things in that way again.

I vaguely remember a scene in a Jerry Lewis movie, where an old house bound lady he was visiting did everything the TV ads told her to. She bought EVERYTHING!!! :huh:

hey, NADS is an Australian product..hmmmmmmmm. I know the ads here are funny. Hair is a real absolute and utter no no here this summer. The supermarket shelves are just groaning with a plethora of new hair removal products. OUUUUUUUUUUUUCCHHHH

Uh oh

I am now desperately wanting one of those Tempur-pedic beds, they really are as comfy as they make them sound (my chiropractor let me try his). I think that's gonna have to wait til I win the lottery though, too much $$$ :(

Re: Re: Uh oh

Kristie said:

Sorry, i should clarify how that came about.........

My chiropractor is one of my husband's best friends, they graduated from high school together and have known each other a long time, he and his wife were in our wedding, yada yada yada.... Dr Scott has only been out of school for 2 years but he owns his own practice and sells Tempur-pedic stuff (so I could actually get a discount through him :hmm: ). Scott's parents bought he and his wife a Tempur-pedic bed for their anniversary a few weeks ago. We visited with them this weekend and they were so excited about it, they are like, you gotta go try it out. So I did, with my husband, not Scott.

I just saw another commercial for it, that's why I was thinking about it, but you know it's gotta be expensive when they say "Call now for a free brochure" and don't tell you the price!

I ordered those Dr. Atkins diet videos. Had protein overload and started shaking. :sick: I returned them. Informercial stuff...never again.:shame:

:eek: wow, i must be the only one who's never ordered anything from an infomercial, qvc, etc.!

i do have loads of stuff from qvc though, but it's because my granny spent loads of money buying jewelry for me and my cousin, so when she died we each got half of her jewelry collection. :huh:

if only i hadn't lost the gold bracelet she sent me years ago...shit, this belongs in zc lol

I haven't bought anything yet, but I really had to dig down deep to access a new level of restraint else I'd be tripping over the Pilates home machine in my bedroom.

I've gotten a few things over the years, and was dissapointed with most of them. I have tried Proactiv, and think it's really helped my skin, but I did not need a shipment every two months. I ended up canceling it and had no problems whatsoever. I've also tried Nad's, and that didn't work at all for me. I have the ab-roller, but I don't think that's helped flatten my stomach at all. Although I think it's helped with my shoulders/back and my golf game! I'd like to try that Bare Essentials make up, but that's so expensive. Anyone try that?

A lot of the stuff they sell on TV you can get at drugstores.

my mom ordered a juice tiger once. the one with the infomercial with the old guy who was like 80 but as fit as a fiddle...and he wanted everyone to know.

we had nothing but fruity juice for weeks:slant:

my mom got it for me off qvc

perfect-pancake.jpg

And yes, I do use it. lol

:hyper:

Back
Top Bottom