Have you ever...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
Woke up, looked at the clock, said to your self "Feck, I'm late for work!", run around like a maniac getting ready for work, in record time, then realized it's your day off? I hate it when that happens! LOL

Luckily it hasn't happened to me in a long time, but for a second this morning when I woke up I had that feeling.

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

i did that too once, and then there was this one time i used to work in a record store, and i was so fecking tired from working the night before, i answered my home phone when i was in bed when it rang "thank you for calling music plus how can i help you?"
my mom laughed.

Sort of... for some reason I set my alarm on Friday and I woke up at 5:30 on Saturday morning, and I sat in bed for about 20 minutes before I thought "Why the hell did I do that?" and went back to bed.

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Now America looks smart and, dare I say it, sexy again." ~ Bono, 2000

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

Yep, I do that for school all the time...about every other Saturday. I'll scamper around looking for my backpack and coat and whatnot, and my mom will be like "*sigh* Erin, it's Saturday, go back to bed"
rolleyes.gif

------------------
"Whenever you see this kind of darkness, there is an extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter." -Bono

"Why doesn't anyone molest him?" -My mom, when Bono was walking through the crowd at the halftime show

u2er@u2email.com

Sometimes when I'm REALLY tired, I'll sleep after school and do my homework during the night. One time I woke up at 7:30 and thought I was late for school (mind you this is in December, so you can't tell by whether it's light out or not) so dressed and ran down staris to see my parents sitting there enjoying their night....meh at least I got up.

------------------
"Just tell 'em what they wanna hear & nobody will complain."

Originally posted by Lilly:
Sometimes when I'm REALLY tired, I'll sleep after school and do my homework during the night. One time I woke up at 7:30 and thought I was late for school (mind you this is in December, so you can't tell by whether it's light out or not) so dressed and ran down staris to see my parents sitting there enjoying their night....meh at least I got up.

lol

------------------
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Zooropa FTP

Originally posted by Lilly:

hehe...I cant say I've actually gotten as far as getting dressed...but i know the feeling...

sometimes after falling asleep on the sofa in front of the tv (especially if it was still daylight outside when i did so, or if i was sick, and several hours later waking up and it's dark) i've woken up thinking it was the next morning, when it was only 10 or 11 at night, or the feeling "omg, what day is it?" lol

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

I did something like this in college....I still remember it.
It was 6:30 (maybe 7)at night and Jeopardy was going to be on in a half hour. I was sitting on my bed in my dorm room, doing my homework thinking "Get it done before Jeopardy" Then I decided to just "lay down" for a little bit (I think I was sick at the time)..when I woke up, I thought "Oh s***! Did I miss Jeopardy?" I looked at the tv, and some weird show was on. My lights were on, and it took a few minutes before I looked at the clock and realized it was 2:30 a.m.

I've never done that for work, but I did it at least a couple times during college when we'd have a 3 or 4 day weekend and I'd forget about it. I'd usually figure it out by the time I got outside and realized that barely anyone was walking around campus.

One of my first jobs was in construction. It was an exhausting job (deck waterproofing) where we would start early in the morning and be done late afternoon.

One time, I got home about 4:00pm, fell on the bed still wearing my sand & rubber-covered clothes -- thinking I'd nap for a little and then wake up and shower.

So I wake up at 6:00pm (dusk), look at the clock thinking it's 6:00am, and I run out of the house thinking I'm late for work. (My roomate was in the living room watching tv and was like "wtf?" *shrug*). It looked like dawn outside. I drive from Huntington Beach to Irvine, which was like a 25 minute drive, during which time I suddenly realize drivers in the oncoming traffic are turning their headlights on, not off. By this time, I'm almost at the job site. Breathing a sigh of relief that I wasn't late to work, I head home and go to bed.

Well, when I was working in the airline, my friend and I (we were going on the same flight) woke up at 1:00 AM(!), got ready for a reporting time of 3:00 AM, only to find out that we had been taken out of the schedule.
biggrin.gif
We, ofcourse, couldn't sleep anymore after that. For some strange reason, we just spent the rest of the morning pigging out.
rolleyes.gif

[This message has been edited by dizzy (edited 04-03-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom