Have we ever done a listening party?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We'll start off easy.

Abbey Road.

Something universal like that. We'd have to set it up well in advance, to get the album to people who don't have it, the more the merrier.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
:reject: I don't have Abbey Road.:tsk:

however I am listening to X & Y right now. :sexywink:

and I would be up for Abbey Road. I need to buy that one,

That's why we'd plan it a few days ahead.

People could ysi the album to you.

timothius said:

I don't think many people would turn out. :shrug:

Fuck them. We're never going to find an album we ALL agree on. Some of the records I want to list, I know only I have on this board. But it might be worth the effort.

It'll require some sharing and work. But might be cool.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

:tsk: :down:

hey Mr. Brau, exactly what does one do at a listening party besides listen to the songs? :uhoh:

Talk about tunes, lyrics, guitar solos, shit.

Like a Set List party, but actually cool.

I've never done one. It would all be new.

I'd imagine the best thing about it would be listening to music together, and getting off on it.

We could do a U2 boot?

Zootlesque said:
How the hell will you guys synchronize everybody's times?

Just pick a time, and start it. The synch up will be a bitch, but we could handle it.

Most likely a weekend, late at nite.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
like now would be good time.

Yep.

The key would be picking the record, picking the time, making sure everyone has the album.

Then just starting. All casual. If my girl wants to knock boots at the same time as a listening party, I'm knocking boots.

But if we had 8-9 people in on it, it wouldn't matter if 1 person dropped out last minute.

That would be the ultimate, if it had a life of it;s own.

It's all in the planning.

just checked - don't have Abbey Road, and definitely do NOT have Coldplay, and for that matter, never will.

We could pick a U2 album to start, since all of us probably own them all or most of them? I have other Beatles CDs, um... I have Oasis (new one and Morning Glory). Maybe some Elvis Costello? Midnight Oil (come on tim!) Um.........Led Zeppelin? The Who?

That would be fun. And if you don't have the record for that particular listening party, and you didn't want it, you wouldn't have to go to the party.

And you could still knock boots during the party and not tell anyone. See, there's a bed in the room with my computer. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom