Have "Fuck you" bracelets reached your school or town?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are more. She has a dark purple one that joins in a 69 and that is what that one means. There is a lavender one for gay anal sex she gave a gay goth guy and he was glad. You buy them in a pack of several at Spencer's in the mall. Now I know what she's been up to with her friends down there :shifty: They are gel like but not filled with gel. There are no beads.

Thanks for your info and comments everybody. I'm on it and I'll tell you what goes down. I appreciate anything you all have to say.

I just had a thought... if IO is known as the GREEN room, then wouldn't it also be the fingering room? :hmm:

They had a report on this on FOX news last night. They said they were the same ones that have been around for years but have now taken on this meaning. (the news didn't call them 'fuck you' bracelets though) The girls in the story claimed that no one ever really did what the bracelets represented but boys pulled on them and snapped them and they 'guessed they wanted to kiss me or something.' It said some schools had banned them. Now that it's been on the news, everyone will know what they mean.

nbcrusader said:
Might make a nice Christmas present for the wife :sexywink:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

i work in a private school w/ a dress code, so that's obviously not a problem here... but i coach @ a public high school... i'll have to take a looksie and see what i can see... sounds more like a middle school thing though :shrug: i'll do my best sherlock holmes anyhoo

Last edited:
:huh: My son (26) thinks sending his little girls to Catholic school will shelter them from such things as "bracelets." Hells bells they probably invented it. Don't flame me, some of my best friends are Catholic and said this at lunch today. My oldest grand daughter is 5. I started talking to my son when he was around 9 about innocent things like dreams.. if you know what I mean. It starts all over again - only it's different now . Girls! *sigh*

Last edited:
I have noticed that the more children are 'sheltered' these days the wilder and more rebellious they become. At least Seabird's daughter was open enough and had a good enough relationship with her mother to tell her. When kids hide things and get sneaky, things get worse. Kids need to know they can come to their parents without fear. It's imossible to hide from everything out there in this day and age so might as well have it out in the open and confront it head on. It's going to be there one way or the other.

Leeloo said:
I have noticed that the more children are 'sheltered' these days the wilder and more rebellious they become. At least Seabird's daughter was open enough and had a good enough relationship with her mother to tell her. When kids hide things and get sneaky, things get worse. Kids need to know they can come to their parents without fear. It's imossible to hide from everything out there in this day and age so might as well have it out in the open and confront it head on. It's going to be there one way or the other.

amen... the craziest mother effers that i knew at college were the one's who lived a sheltered, over-protected life at home w/ the 'rents. second they taste a little bit of freedom, all bets are off.

sue4u2 said:
:huh: My son (26) thinks sending his little girls to Catholic school will shelter them from such things as "bracelets."

Sending children to parochial schools only delays parts of the learning process. We elected to send our son to a publc school and are ready to teach him every time he comes home with some of the garbage public schools dish out. There is a fine Christian schoold near by, but we found that some of the children were isolated from life issues (even matter of faith).

This may make things uncomfortable at times as life issues are presented at a time not of our choosing, so we must be prepared to give an answer to any question from our son.

Any 9 year old who HASN'T seen Southpark is culturally illiterate and socially deprived. A lot of the things they do on there are takeoffs on current events and pop culture, with their own unique twist. Again, hiding things like this from kids will only make them more curious, and they are more likely to experiment with things with other kids and hide them from their parents. Since it's going to be there, it's better to have the parents involved. You can't avoid it. This is isn't 1965, it's the 21st century. So your choice is, do they learn it with you or learn it without you on the streets?

Last edited:
you're right... it's not 1965. it's 2003... and south park is still not appropriate for a 9 year old. i abso-friggin-lutely love that show... but i wouldn't let my kids, if i had any, watch it untill say at least 12-13 years old. the subject matter is not appropriate. they're going to learn about sex eventually too... but should we start teaching them about it when they're friggin 7-8 years old? what ever happened to innocence? yeah you can't shield them from everything... but hell if you can't try... at least untill they're 12 or so jeez.

I think some of you underestimate the carnal knowledge of kids these days. Don't think of the stereotypical little kid, or yourself as a kid. I have not met a little kid in the last 10 years who didn't know what gay was, or where babies come from. It isn't even shocking anymore to hear kids blurt things out. Like it or not it's the way of the world. If a kid really hasn't heard of the things on Southpark, they wouldn't even pick up on what's going on anyway.

Leeloo said:
Any 9 year old who HASN'T seen Southpark is culturally illiterate and socially deprived. A lot of the things they do on there are takeoffs on current events and pop culture, with their own unique twist. Again, hiding things like this from kids will only make them more curious, and they are more likely to experiment with things with other kids and hide them from their parents. Since it's going to be there, it's better to have the parents involved. You can't avoid it. This is isn't 1965, it's the 21st century. So your choice is, do they learn it with you or learn it without you on the streets?

I really hope you're kidding. :|

I consider myself a pretty permissive mom but I don't think my kids missed out on anything culterally or were socially deprived by missing out on shows like Southpark at age 9.

And kids have been experimenting with the forbidden since the beginning of time...that doesn't mean we have to let them watch or listen or do whatever the hell they please because they'll feel somehow deprived or God forbid, even MORE curious.

Lighten up, Southpark is totally harmless. I know of kids younger than 9, and a little older (I'm an aunt 5 times over and have babysat)They have watched it and play it with their friends and draw the characters at school. I don't see how it has harmed the kids in any way. They take it as a grain of salt, laugh and forget it. Like somebody else said, the more big deal you make out of it and the more you forbid it the nosier they'll get. They'll think, hey what's so bad about this I can't see it? Sooner or later, at someone's house or something, they'll see it and start looking for bad things that might have gone right over their heads if they weren't told it was bad. Sure Kenny gets killed but he lives again, just like Wile E. Coyote and all the other cartoons over the last 60 years. If that hasn't turned kids into killers yet it's not going to.

Last edited:
Tabby said:
Lighten up, Southpark is totally harmless. I know of kids younger than 9, and a little older (I'm an aunt 5 times over and have babysat)They have watched it and play it with their friends and draw the characters at school. I don't see how it has harmed the kids in any way. They take it as a grain of salt, laugh and forget it. Like somebody else said, the more big deal you make out of it and the more you forbid it the nosier they'll get. They'll think, hey what's so bad about this I can't see it? Sooner or later, at someone's house or something, they'll see it and start looking for bad things that might have gone right over their heads if they weren't told it was bad.

No offense but you can tell me to lighten up when you have kids of your own. Babysitting and having neices and nephews is a FAR cry from dealing with this type of crap day in an day out.

If you feel that "fuck off bitch" and "suck my dick" are appropriate for 9 year olds, more power to you, but not for the 4 kids I've raised.

Bono's American Wife said:
No offense but you can tell me to lighten up when you have kids of your own. Babysitting and having neices and nephews is a FAR cry from dealing with this type of crap day in an day out.

If you feel that "fuck off bitch" and "suck my dick" are appropriate for 9 year olds, more power to you, but not for the 4 kids I've raised.

:up: :up: :up:

Don't mess with a Mom.

Well I've never heard any of those comments on Southpark, but I have in the streets of the neighborhood some of the kids live in. :p My siblings and their spouses sit there and watch the show with the kids and laugh. What goes on in real life is far more damaging than a silly drawing IMO.

Back
Top Bottom