Haunted Barn, Kingsbury, Indiana, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my god.

This article makes me fucking despair that U2.com will ever improve: U2.com > News > Countdown to No Line

Some examples of its epic phailure:

"On Tuesday tune in to Zane Lowe (7pm) when his guests include Bono and Edge."
(You morons! That happened MONDAY. Tuesday's the appearance with John Wilson on Radio 4 that ISN'T EVEN MENTIONED.)

"Then switch off the radio and turn on the TV - at 10pm BBC2's The Culture Show has a special focus the new album ..."
(Did somebody misplace their commas?)

"And then finish the week with the TV again - they'll be performing two songs on the Jonathan Ross show which goes out on BBC1 at 10.30pm (That's just before the extended edition of The Culture Show (id we mention that ?) at 11.30pm - over on BBC2."
(id they mention that? id they forget to close one set of brackets too? And guys, you don't need a space before your question mark.)

I would consider this completely unacceptable hackery on U2gigs.

So, the new U2.com is up.

"Hello and welcome to a new U2.Com, days ahead of the new album."

They say this like it's an achievement.

The way they've run things in the past, it seems to be. Maybe next time they'll have it redesigned by the release of the first single.

ah, it's up now.

i love that it still has the bomb target deal up next to the url.

and the members gift sucks.

:laugh:

Actually, I think that's not totally horrendous a gift. The second disc is stupid, all that content is readily available and their claim it's rare is total horse manure. But the first disc? I've been wanting a CD quality release of that material for years, since we only had it in MP3 form. I just reckon U2 should've used that stuff as b-sides rather than as some way to sucker me into signing up to U2.com. Not falling for it this time, chaps.

Shit, I have every b-side but Neon Lights. And by you guys not mentioning it, I doubt I'm missing much.

jesus, i just went into the tours page.

the popmart tour, some of the cities played in the usa have states listed, some don't.

Oaklans? Inconsistent caps? Double listing for Columbus?

And check out the early days - they somehow played Dublin AND London on the same day in April 1978: U2.com > Tours > Irish Dates >

This is ... beyond unacceptably bad. I'm genuinely blown away by how pathetic this is. I'd gladly run their tours section for them for free, too. But I don't think they're interested in competence.

Adam Clayton had discovered rock'n'roll as a thirteen year old, buying his first acoustic guitar and then talking his parents into buying him a bass guitar.

Adam has said several times that he got his first bass at 15.

Grungy geese.

Oaklans? Inconsistent caps? Double listing for Columbus?

And check out the early days - they somehow played Dublin AND London on the same day in April 1978: U2.com > Tours > Irish Dates >

This is ... beyond unacceptably bad. I'm genuinely blown away by how pathetic this is. I'd gladly run their tours section for them for free, too. But I don't think they're interested in competence.
they apparently also played a show in dublin the same day as THREE shows in cork. they were busy back in those days!!

Speaking of, my mum did someting stupid last night and I said, aloud, "Grungy geese, Mom."

Then had a brief moment of panic as I realised the Superthread has taken over my brain.

Just checked out the new U2.com. I like the new colour scheme. Everything else...:yuck:
Official sites always tend to suck, in my experience, but U2.com is just dire!

Adam Clayton had discovered rock'n'roll as a thirteen year old, buying his first acoustic guitar and then talking his parents into buying him a bass guitar.

Adam has said several times that he got his first bass at 15.

Grungy geese.

they apparently also played a show in dublin the same day as THREE shows in cork. they were busy back in those days!!

And they reckon U2's first live appearance was in 1977.

It was October 1976, you idiots. I even have the fucking setlist for it!

(Note also that it only mentions this first live appearance on the main tour menu. The early dates section excludes all shows from the Feedback and Hype days.)

Speaking of, my mum did someting stupid last night and I said, aloud, "Grungy geese, Mom."

Then had a brief moment of panic as I realised the Superthread has taken over my brain.

:lmao:
I don't know if you were around the other day, when I mentioned that when I was eating bacon and other delicious fatty foods with a friend, I said something like "tuf bono would respect this." I only realised what I'd said when I saw her face!

:lmao:
I don't know if you were around the other day, when I mentioned that when I was eating bacon and other delicious fatty foods with a friend, I said something like "tuf bono would respect this." I only realised what I'd said when I saw her face!

:lmao: That's awesome. Or perhaps QWESOME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom