Harry Potter - WARNING - READ ONLY IF FINISHED BOOK 6 - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2005, 05:54 AM   #161
Refugee

Local Time: 10:13 AM
While I haven't had time to think about the plot to add to this, I just wanted to poke in to say that I loved the book and love this thread!

I do believe that Dumbledore's portrait will be very helpful in the progression of the story next book if Dumbledore himself doesn't return.

Old 08-14-2005, 11:13 AM   #162
Refugee

Local Time: 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon
Oh, and on another note-- what if it's not Harry himself that's the horcrux, but the SCAR????
I've been wondering that myself. What if it's just the scar tissue? Surely that could be removed and destroyed without harming Harry himself?

I also hope Harry and Ginny will reconcile in Book 7. I thought they were sweet together. Was also happy to see Tonks and Lupin together -- if anyone deserves a good break, it's Lupin. And I was very pleased to see that Fleur didn't reject Bill because of his scarring.

Old 08-14-2005, 03:42 PM   #163
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sue DeNym

I've been wondering that myself. What if it's just the scar tissue? Surely that could be removed and destroyed without harming Harry himself?

I also hope Harry and Ginny will reconcile in Book 7. I thought they were sweet together. Was also happy to see Tonks and Lupin together -- if anyone deserves a good break, it's Lupin. And I was very pleased to see that Fleur didn't reject Bill because of his scarring.

Yeah, the scenes with Fleur at the end were HEARTBREAKING.

And about the scar, JK has said it would be of great importance towards the end of the series, and I think it'll be used for
more than just tracking Voldy down.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:13 PM   #164
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:13 AM
I just finished it and damn... My head is spinning.

I just finished book 5 Friday night, so not only did I just have to deal with Sirius's death, but now Dumbledore's, too. I agree with the people who say that DD's death was a natural progression, but I'm also of the camp that says he'll be making a comeback in book 7.

As for Snape, I'm a Snape lover, so I'm hoping that all of the theories about him still being on the good side are true. The more I think about the last part of the book, when DD is pleading and such, it makes sense.

I'm glad that Harry wasn't so whiny in this one, and that Ron and Hermoine look like they'll be hooking up soon. I wasn't thrilled with Ginny as Harry's girlfriend, but maybe that's just me.

Anyway, I need to get to bed but I just wanted to say I am so happy that I was finally able to open this thread and read everyone's thoughts on the new book. It was torture!