Harry Potter and the Interlander Countdown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought it was the Half-Blood Prince

Shows what I know

I'm spazzing here! Every second is torture! It has been this way since 1999 - me waiting in utter agony to read Jo's next installment.

I wonder how long it will take me to read this one? :crack: I had OotP completely read before its first day of release was even over. Anyone going to any parties on the 15th? :wink:

Friday is going to be so awesome. Date with a girl I've known for a few years who is recently single, as am I, during which we will go see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, then off to pick up the book at midnight. *dies*

Although I've never read any of the books :reject:, I'm very excited about this as well.

I'll end up reading all the books, I just started with the movie franchise & want to get through that before I start on the written version.

BluRmGrl said:
Although I've never read any of the books :reject:, I'm very excited about this as well.

I'll end up reading all the books, I just started with the movie franchise & want to get through that before I start on the written version.

Oh, you must read the books. Seriously. The movies don't even hold up a candle to the books. I'm not even going to see GoF or any of the subsequent movies that WB makes.

I love the movies, especially Azkaban. It is a different and vastly inferior medium for the stories, but I thought it was a wise move trying to make the films more, well, cinematic. Better than breaking the post-Azkaban books into 2 movies each. :yikes: Yes, there were differences, but the casting and direction were brilliant in each. Some development was left on the cutting-room floor, but that's okay to me. I'm not a purist. When i want the books, I'll read the books. Which will be in a little over 2 days. :drool:

Also, if you wait for all the movies to come out to read the books, you'll be waiting until at least 2007 or 2008.

seriously, there really isn't anything to not like about the movies. they have done a wonderful job with the stories and the characters.

can't wait for the book, though. we will be at the store at midnight waiting to get our copies, just like last time, lol.

BluRmGrl said:

you must read them:ohmy: they totally blow the movies out of the water!

On the Harry Potter theme but not relating to the book persay....

has anyone seen the teaser trailor for Goblet of Fire??? :hyper: It looks so impressive. I cannot wait until November. The movies kick so much ass as well.

LOL.... guess I'd better heed the advice given to me & get started reading! :giggle: The good news is, I have no trouble getting copies of everything that's been written so far.... my best friend owns them. She claims to have bought them for her son :eyebrow: - yet they stay on the bookshelf in HER bedroom. :hmm: :lmao:
Anyway, I know I'll love them - from what I've been told, although the movies are very well done, they pale in comparison to the books. :up:

For the first time, I will be camping out in line for the book. :lol: I have yet to read a book, but my aunt is way into this as are my nieces and nephews, so she is making a huge deal about this. It should be cute.

part of her e-mail

[q]
Hello you Muggles!

In a couple of weeks the newest Harry Potter book will be released!
(MIDNIGHT - JULY 15)

I'm such a big fan of the series that I've taken Friday and Saturday off in
anticipation of the next "chapter" in the life of Harry Potter.

We'll get to Barnes & Noble's early and have a picnic lunch
After we get our wristbands (see below), we'll just make a night of it.
Books will be sold at midnight and then we'll go home to READ!!!!!

Saturday, we can get up and have breakfast, read a little more and then,
maybe, go to the pool for some swimming fun.
[/q]

Barnes and Noble:

[q]Plus, mark your calendars now for our Harry Potter Midnight Magic Party on
Friday, July 15 at 10:00 pm! We'll celebrate the midnight release of Harry
Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J. K. Rowling with a party that no
magician or muggle should miss! Join us for an enchanting evening with
Aragorn the Magician, trivia, face painting, wand making, Harry Potter
photos, a Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans counting contest and giveaways
galore! Come early, we'll begin handing out wristbands to customers with
book reservations at 6:00 pm.[/q]

I am going for the food and to sleep. I will let them tell me about the book. :laugh:

Last edited:
Harry Potter! :hyper:

so hyped! will have to wait a few weeks though cos my lovely grandparents bought it for me, but have to ship...

anyway, I'm glad it's gonna be like 1000 pages, more time to savor new Harry Potter :drool:

hopefully it will be similar to the third book, by far the best

I work at barnes and noble on harry potter night. I'm going to be a working Friday from 5pm-2am then getting up in the morning at 9am-5pm. I am going to be frickin' exhausted.

We already have the book in the store but we're not allowed to to touch the boxes (of which hold 3700+ books).

It's going to be one exciting weekend.

learn2kneel said:
I work at barnes and noble on harry potter night. I'm going to be a working Friday from 5pm-2am then getting up in the morning at 9am-5pm. I am going to be frickin' exhausted.

We already have the book in the store but we're not allowed to to touch the boxes (of which hold 3700+ books).

It's going to be one exciting weekend.

As your avatar would say...LUCKY!!!!

I worked at Borders when Goblet of Fire came out, and I worked from 6:30 am until 12:30 am the following morning. It was the best day I ever spent there--people were deliriously happy! Whenever a new Harry Potter book comes out, I wish I still worked at a bookstore.

Our library is having an event leading up to midnight. I asked the children's dept. if they need help, but they don't.

I told my sister to call from the line she & my brother-in-law will be on to get it at midnight. There's a Borders walking distance from her house now (LUCKY!) so they'll probably be waiting there.

I'm on a waiting list at the library, and don't know when I'll get my copy. But I'll be reading it when I get my hands on it!

Are the lines usually long upon the 12:00am and 1 second release of said book? Should I send my hubby to the store (assuming they will be open Friday night) to pick it up for my daughter, or is that just a ridiculous notion?

I couldn't see this thread before, before starting the other one lol. Even though that is technically to ask who you all reckon the half blood prince is.

I'm so excited!
:hyper:

Lila64 said:
Are the lines usually long upon the 12:00am and 1 second release of said book? Should I send my hubby to the store (assuming they will be open Friday night) to pick it up for my daughter, or is that just a ridiculous notion?

if you don't have a copy reserved somewhere you have no chance of getting it.
at barnes and noble you have to reserve a copy ahead of time, then go to the store on friday and pick up a bracelet telling you your number in line. at 12:01 they start selling and it ussually takes till 2 a.m. to get through the whole line.

learn2kneel said:

if you don't have a copy reserved somewhere you have no chance of getting it.
at barnes and noble you have to reserve a copy ahead of time, then go to the store on friday and pick up a bracelet telling you your number in line. at 12:01 they start selling and it ussually takes till 2 a.m. to get through the whole line.

Why don't they have people pre-pay, so all they have to do is come pick it up? Can I pre-order it during store hours tomorrow? :scratch:

Back
Top Bottom