Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince Trailer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dude, this looks AWESOME! :drool: Interesting to note that they've given Dumbledore's hair & beard the Richard Harris Dumbledore look---long and straight. Maybe to point out the difference between D in the flashbacks and the current scenes...?

I agree with the assessment of the films being that 1 was alright, 2 alright, 3 was awesome, 4 sucked, and 5 was awesome.

That and Dumbledore manhandles Harry in his office in that one scene in Goblet. That was ridiculous.

One of the things that turned me off from the 4th film the instant I saw it. :yuck: I think they wanted to make the film so "suspenseful" that they made every single actor talk intensely and quickly---and that really, REALLY just doesn't work for Dumbledore in most situations.

Saw the fifth today (hooray On Demand).

NSW said it best: 3 is the best by far .... then 5.

They took a lot out from the original book, but did that much better than 4.

6 could turn out very well or could be very average. We'll see.

Trailer looks interesting. I had wondered what kind of direction they were going to take with HBP; I love the book but in terms of plot it's the most scattered entry in the series, with no real central storyline.

As far as films go, so far I've enjoyed Goblet of Fire the most. It's far from perfect, but I felt that it benefited from having the wizard tournament as something to focus on and give it shape. Phoenix and Azkaban had their moments but in the end both felt like episodic collections of visual vignettes that hurriedly ticked off the plot boxes.

I was shocked they would betray his character like that. I don't think they've fully recovered his character from that yet.

Dumbledore was pretty B.A. in Phoenix... and will have to be even better in Half-Blood Prince for the movie to work beyond its initial shock value.

The previous actor in the first two movies nailed Dumbledore in the books. I liked the new one in the third movie, but not since (though Phoenix was an improvement over Goblet).

Ok so I was too preoccupied with wanting to make a Hermione joke in this thread that I forgot to actually watch the trailer. Just did.

DAMN. That was cool. I can't wait.

The previous actor in the first two movies nailed Dumbledore in the books. I liked the new one in the third movie, but not since (though Phoenix was an improvement over Goblet).

I always thought of Dumbledore as a mix between Richard Harris' and Michael Gambon's portrayals... fatherly and wise, mixed with mysterious and active. Gambon just sucked it up in Goblet, but so did every other actor, so I can't fault him too much there - it was a poorly directed film.

The last two films, in my opinion, have moved much too fast, especially in dialogue. But the fifth at least had a good overall feel to it.

The last two films, in my opinion, have moved much too fast, especially in dialogue. But the fifth at least had a good overall feel to it.

Exactly. That's why I'm wary about there being two Deathly Hallows films... that book worked because it wrapped up most of the storylines in the entire series, and whole storylines have been dropped in the films entirely. I know it's all about money, but still, you'd want the last movie to go out strong, right?

WB just wants to milk HP just a little longer, thus two movies. I wonder where they will split the story ...

I actually think it makes perfect sense to split Deathly Hallows in two. Even without the storylines that got dropped in the films, that book is *packed*. And I'd like to see the films for once give some proper screentime to Snape's story.

:hyper: Oooh this got me all excited. I can't wait. I agree that 3rd and 5th movies are the best so far. I'm also glad they're splitting The Deathly Hallows into two part, hopefully they will do the book justice and not leave out so much important stuff as they have done with some of the other movies. :crossesfingers:

Excellent trailer...but I'm worried since hearing about an interview with one of the main producers saying that while the book is very much about these memories and revelations, that they've stripped them down to only a few in the movie to spend more time on the narrative, granted the plot during the year is important, but how can you not show the flashbacks...that's the whole conceit of this book, I'd already heard the Gaunts wouldn't be in it, now I expect a lot more will be excised from the memories...not so good. Sure its great to bring Quidditch back in, but not at the expense of important story development, and OOTP did just fine without it. I'm still stunned by the work Yates did, he's a very talented drama director as seen with his work on British TV, especially State of Play, but OOTP came out of nowhere, kept close to the dark yet playful tone of Cuaron, and the writer took POA's lead in trimming the fat.

Back
Top Bottom