Happy New Year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
that's right folks....you can do it all again!
It is Tet today..Vietnamese NYE
Chinese New Year....the Year of the Goat begins.
Traditionally you visit family,eat special cakes and noodles, exchange wishes for health , happiness, good education for the young and give money to one another.
Whatever you are doing on NYday will set the precedent for the year. There will be huge gathering in the buddhist temples in Sydney...a lot of prayers will be sent...let's hope they are answered.

Peace
and
good will
for all
men
women
children

and
even
goats.

another tradition is to clean the house

I think I'd better go do that
pronto

i wish you all
the best

Daisy was just telling me about the Chinese New Year, how they celebrate it, just as you described. Funny, I thought it was already over. She is really interested in the traditions. We plan on going to the library soon to check out some books on that. I learn something new every day from my baby:)

that reminds me...one time, Daisy and I were on the bus going somewhere, and it was close to the new year. Daisy was telling everyone Gung Hai Fat Choi. She impressed alot of chinese people.

Personally i always call it the year of the sheep, not goat. Thank god fire horse year is over anyway. traditionally in China there are thousands of abortions during the year of the horse because they are usually unruly and tempermental. Fire horses generally being the worst. It is also one of the worst years possible for war. Funny no? Thank god that's over.

The chinese clean, renovate, refurbish and whatnot their houses but never clean on New Year Day itself for that is believed to be sweeping your luck away.

I shall be 'enduring' the fireworks all night long... :mad:

Kung Hei Fatt Choy, mo sek kam duo ar.

foray

aahhh, yes, Chinese New Year! Gong Xi Fa Chai!! I've been experiencing it here in singapore over the last 44 hours! i've been completely immersed in red, gold, oranges, cherry blossoms, goats, pinapple tarts, and hongbao ($$) . it's been quite an exhilerating experience! although i'm quite worn out at this point, most singaporeans only have 3 1/2 days off of work :down: :sad:

Last edited:
Another Chinese New Year tradition is the big reunion dinner, where everyone's extended family gets together. And everyone buys new clothes and stuff to represent the new.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom