Happy July - SHOW me where you live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Newfoundland baby!!
28.jpg

The irish canada!!

We have our own unique dialect and everything. Though my accent is watered down to the point where its not noticable.

These pics are from Sweden, more specifically the small town of Lidk?ping (where I live) or it's surroundings:

L?ck? Castle
020508800.jpg

The square in Lidk?ping:
020408800.jpg

An old house:
020612800.jpg

Wow, so many beuatiful places, i want to visit them all!
But I think I'll start at home, maybe a trip to Texas?

Bono's American Wife said:
I couldn't find any decent pics of where I live but our water tower is probably the most recognizable feature. We also have some historic homes and our downtown area, Placita Santa Fe, still has most of the original buildings.

NicaMom's photos can pretty much sum up my area...our cities are right next to each other. I live in the tri-city area of Placentia/Brea/Fullerton and can stand with one foot in Placentia and the other in Fullerton at the end of my block.

home_plac.jpg
Charlene, Placentia is more our city really, the kids go to school there, we go the Placentia library, St. joseph, the 'big' 4th of July celebration and all the city activities.:D
Here some pics of Placentia:
The Bradford house:
bradford%20house.gif

One of the oldest surving homes in Placentia, Historical George Key Ranch:
George%20Key.jpg

NicaMom said:

Charlene, Placentia is more our city really, the kids go to school there, we go the Placentia library, St. joseph, the 'big' 4th of July celebration and all the city activities.:D
Here some pics of Placentia:
The Bradford house:

I had no idea you were so close NicaMom! I live a 30 second walk away from the Bradford House, right at Palm and Bradford. My kids go to El Dorado H.S. but right now my 10th grader is in summer school at Valencia H.S., right across the street from St. Josephs! What a small world :yes: We will probably be at the 4th of July celebration too...did you see that the Irish band the Fenians will be playing? I've never seen them live but I hear they are really good.

Thanks for finding those pics...I couldn't find any decent ones!

I live in a region called Palatinate in the south west of germany.

We have huge wood areas...

wald.jpg

... and a lot of rocks and castles...

teufelstisch_oben_mini.jpg

trifelswinter.jpg

There also grows some good wine ;)

pfalz.jpg

anna

Bono's American Wife said:

I had no idea you were so close NicaMom! I live a 30 second walk away from the Bradford House, right at Palm and Bradford. My kids go to El Dorado H.S. but right now my 10th grader is in summer school at Valencia H.S., right across the street from St. Josephs! What a small world :yes: We will probably be at the 4th of July celebration too...did you see that the Irish band the Fenians will be playing? I've never seen them live but I hear they are really good.

Thanks for finding those pics...I couldn't find any decent ones!
Yeah Charlene, we're not far from each other, and you have probably seen/heard my kids heading to the Bradford house on field trips.:D
I didn't know the Fenians are an Irish band, we were expecting something like "Red Wine" again!:D
It looks like I'm going to have to work Thu. evening:( but hubby and the kids will be going for sure.

NicaMom said:

I didn't know the Fenians are an Irish band, we were expecting something like "Red Wine" again!:D

:lol: Red Wine! I have lived here since 1992 and can't remember a community function without them! I think they actually live on that stage and the city just wheels them out when they need them :lol:

I think every area has their "Red Wine"...ours are called "The Dynamics" (misnomer if you ask me).

Dr. Teeth, if you find out how to post more than one pic per reply....can you tell me, please.

And I now realise since posting my pics here, I live at the "tip of the heart" and I feel much better :)

"...and I think to myself,
what a wonderful world.........."

cass said:
Dr. Teeth, if you find out how to post more than one pic per reply....can you tell me, please.

I was hoping someone on this forum would pick up on this but I guess nobody else read it :lol:

My Computer just exploded from all these pics.

Also I was told by a guy in Kansas City Missouri that I have a very SLIGHT Minnesota accent.....feck!

Back
Top Bottom