Happy Birthday All The Pretty Horses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I just noticed it is August 1st.
The horse's birthday.

What noble creatures they are that give their loyalty, love and life to humans. There is a series on TV here at the moment"War Horses" chronicling their service in battle. What strong brave creatures. So many have suffered and still suffer at the hands of humans. But so many are loved and cherished by humans.

I had the joy of owning a horse when I was a teenager, Sonny-Jo. Old, sway-backed, hard-mouthed rogue,but beautiful in my eyes. We had some grand times together. I was thinking about him the other night when I watched the terrific show about Sinead O'Connor, "Songs of Hearts Desire". I used to ride him through the fields singing away, poor old fella, having to listen to that.
But I don't think he minded. No matter how far down the paddock he was, he'd always see me arrive, throw up his head and whinny and come at full gallop, ready to be ridden. He was my dear friend. Sonny one so true...I just found my book "The Great Book of Australian Horses" I wrote a dedication to him in it the day he died,29th September 1981. I can still almost feel his warm breath and smell him...just beautiful.
Perhaps this belongs in the journals..I dunno.
I thought maybe someone else here had a wild horse they loved or a story they'd like to share..

They come in all shapes and sizes, from all corners of the world. Yeeehaaa or giddyup or tally ho...to know them is to love them
:heart:

Keep up the Good Work BLS,,please

another nice coincidence..my old school friend just rang. Not only did she own a VW Beetel, but she also owned Reno the Palimino. He was beautiful too, we used to go riding together. Our horses were totally unmatched...but never mind, we still had fun. She still had horses up until recently and was a very successsful dressage rider on the local show circuit. She looks fabulous in her habit on board one of her thoroughbreds

ahhh wild horses and blue seas:sad:

ack it's a birthday party......as Elvis Costello says

SMILE :):):)

I visited Sonny's grave yesterday (hub kindly dug a great big hole for him...the vet suggested I burn him:(..) I worked out he would have been 50 years old yesterday. We had a chat and he said that instead of building a cairn over him, I can take the rocks that I put over him the day he died and use them in the retaining wall I am working on near the house. He'll just keep the big triangular head stone.Thanks old mate, that will save my back a bit. I'd like to plant a mulberry tree over him...he loved eating mulberry leaves, and bananas:)

August 2nd

awwwwwwwwwwww

I went and saw Thirty Odd Foot of Grunts last night.
It was Russell Crowe's mum's birthday. She had place of honour in the "birthday chair" just off the side of the stage. She sat there beaming at her little boy. I led my girlfriends in a ,might I say, beautiful rendition of "Happy Birthday To You Mrs Crowe", when the band left the stage and before they came back on for their first encore. He obviously loves his mum:heart:

I thought I heard mention on the radio of "Russell Jr", but so many jokes are made about him, I didn't know if was just a rumour/joke. Awww gee, I hope so.
The girls were admiring his hair last night and I said 'it will be 40 year old hair soon." So no time like the present for them.
I was trying to check out his wedding ring last night.I'm not sure if it contains a daimond, but something in it caught the light and flashed out.That got me going..I yelled out to him.." you picked the right girl Russell, she was meant for you.....go forth and multiply!"
As if he needed my suggestion:D
I don't think danielle was there...just as well he was in hyper-flirt mode, leeting the girls in the front row unbutton his shirt and sharing cigarettes and getting touched on the............:silent:
he said it...not me
All part of being a rockstar...I'd reckon he'd be totally loyal to his wife.I dunno, I trust my old vibometer and it registers positive around Russ. The local football team he suports are called "The Axemen"...hmmm I might join, I quite like my vibometer going off:)

That baby will be born wearing a football jumper I think..boy or girl. Good luck to them.

aww my friend Annie Antelope, who owned Reno the Palimino rang last night. She visited my parents yesterday and she said she just choked up when she arrived. She hasn't seen them in years.There was my dad outside, bending down, working in his garden...just like the old days. He gave her a big bear hug and called out "Lilly Lilly, we have a special visitor"
She REALLY wants us to have a get-together. I hope it happens...

SOON

I saw an ad earlier, one of the fox channels is showing The Black Stallion this week. I thought of you Cass! The horse's name is Cass Ole'. I'm going to be taping it. I love that movie, childhood favourite etc.
:love:

Truly Angela? I've seen that movie and drooled constantly, but I didn't recall the stallion's name.
Another week has rolled by, the show"The War Horse" is about to come on again. I recall why I didn't watch it the first time...I thiught it might be too sad/heavy. today's episode is called "In The Face of Fire" :( I will watch it though.
I came back to say,
what a dill...
for someone who professes to be a horselover.
I knew at the time there was something up with my spelling...but I couldn't quite put my finger on it :eyebrow:???
P.A.L.O.M.I.N.O

oh oh oh sweet Pal 'O Mino of Mine ( Axl Rose impersonation ends)
got it?.........good........ palomino.

I just saw the cloned horse on the TV news....it is a palomino.
They talked about cloning and racing past greats:( I remember being in the Melbourne Museum. It was one thing that they had taxidermed Phar Lap, but to have his real heart floating in a jar , on display like that. I later found a suggestion box at the museum and I wrote" Please, out of respect for a true champion...bury his heart with dignity"
Although I wouldn't mind a clone of my white chook to be honest , she is SO special, but I prefer nature to take it's course.

And another year has rolled around, hard to believe. It was Hiroshima Day here yesterday.
The Unforgettable Fire
Lest We Forget.

peace music and horse lovers

Back
Top Bottom