Happy Australia Day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoobaby14

War Child
Happy Australia Day to all the aussies

Hope you had a good one :D

What did everyone get up to?

I went into Sydney

Happy Australia Day to our Commonwealth brothers and sisters!

Slipstream, Canada.

flag2.gif

Last edited:
:up:
Having two working days off work, so a three day long weekend is turning into five days off work:dancing: and the weather here is just fantastic

A friend of mine became a citizen today. She finally got off her lazy pommy arse and is going to give the electorate what they truly desire. No, not her blood or a kidney, but her right to vote. :cute: All jokes aside, we went to her ceremony at the council chambers today and it was really nice to watch. 71 imports like herself pledged allegiance, and it actually gave me the chance to finally hear what our pledge of allegiance is. Does anyone know it? I've never actually heard it before. Anyway, then the council put on a great free barbie for everyone, which was a surprise, so we stuffed ourselves and then all headed off the the local golf club and a few drinks turned into an 6 hour drink-off.

We've decided that from now on it would be very considerate of us to attend all imports pledges of allegiance on Aus. Day and welcome them to Australia. With a free lunch. It's the least we can do.
:yes:

^Sounds good Angela!!

Happy Australia Day everyone :happy:

It was a gorgeous day here in adelaide, unfortunately we missed out on tickets for the cricket - wouldn't have gotten our money's worth anyhow seeing as how we thrashed the hopeless poms AGAIN! So we went and wandered around the botanical gardens in the sunshine, went and had some lunch at a cafe and then stopped in at PJ O'Briens for a couple of beers and watched a bit of the cricket - overall a nice way to spend Australia Day :)

Here in Sydney hung out in the rocks, saw heaps of free bands put on by the Harbour Foreshore authority including Diesel, Alex Lloyd and The Whitlams - great stuff all round, before taking in the fireworks over Darling Harbour.

All in all a great day, great music, great to be Aussie.

Well guys, I stood out in my yard under the burning noonday sun holding the flag, saluting, and screaming out our national oath of allegience as Christ ordained.

After that I retired to bed for an afternoon nap, after which I entered the main town and instigated a spontaneous outpouring of national feeling.

Did the most absolute typical thing you could do. Had a bbq picnic in the park, played cricket and drank beer. We then all sang the national anthem off key and wrong, then bitched out the government, the weather, the pompous sports stars, Sydney, Adelaide (i ddint join in i promise!) and talked about hard how it would be to be a firie. Then we went home and slept.

Viva le Australia! :D

Kieran McConville said:
Well guys, I stood out in my yard under the burning noonday sun holding the flag, saluting, and screaming out our national oath of allegience as Christ ordained.

After that I retired to bed for an afternoon nap, after which I entered the main town and instigated a spontaneous outpouring of national feeling.

So it was a pretty normal day for you then.

I had a BBQ/pool party in honor of Australia Day too, although it is the dead of winter here. We all froze our asses off but it was worth it. That's how dedicated I am.

Angela Harlem said:
We've decided that from now on it would be very considerate of us to attend all imports pledges of allegiance on Aus. Day and welcome them to Australia. With a free lunch. It's the least we can do.
:yes:

It would be positively un-Australian not to!

I spent my Oz day long weekend getting totally rats-arsed, as a good citizen should. :yes:

Slipstream said:
Wasn't Australia's Oath of Allegiance changed to a Pledge of Commitment?

possibly! we're the last to know in this simmering crock pot of aggressive patriotism!

good to know no livers were spared, guys.
:up:

Oh I was just referring to my PERSONAL celebration, guys. See, I wrote my own national Oath of Allegience:

This is the wattle
the emblem of our land
you can stick it in a bottle
or hold it in your hand

Australia, Australia, Australia
amen

Kieran McConville said:
Oh I was just referring to my PERSONAL celebration, guys. See, I wrote my own national Oath of Allegience:

This is the wattle
the emblem of our land
you can stick it in a bottle
or hold it in your hand

Australia, Australia, Australia
amen

What, no mention of girt? :tsk:

australians all let us rejoice
for we are young and twee
our land is girt by dirt and dirt
our land is dirt by sea

our land abounds in natures gift
of booty rich and rare
in historys page let every page
let every.... oh fuck it

Kieran McConville said:
australians all let us rejoice
for we are young and twee
our land is girt by dirt and dirt
our land is dirt by sea

our land abounds in natures gift
of booty rich and rare
in historys page let every page
let every.... oh fuck it

:lol: Speaking of dirt,that's how we spent Aus Day.......in my backyard scooting around on the back of a "Dingo" digging up dirt and more dirt!

ps: The dingo i am referring to is NOT the wild australian dog that you might be thinking of but a small earthmover commonly referred as a mini-loader or "Dingo" for lanscaping purposes!

This weekend my backyard is going to have close to 12 tonnes of blue metal delivered for the following weekend to pave with 110m2 beautiful Riviera Pavershield Clay pavers in the shade of Naples

:love:

fly so high! said:

ps: The dingo i am referring to is NOT the wild australian dog that you might be thinking of but a small earthmover commonly referred as a mini-loader or "Dingo" for lanscaping purposes!

Damn. :grumpy:

I was getting a bit of a giggle from the mental image of you scooting around your backyard on a dingo dog. :)

And here I misread thinking you were getting paving in the SHAPE of naples.

:tsk:

..And I did wonder why.

Speaking of things unrelated, during an unemployed phase once, i was considering getting a bobcat licence. They make like $200 an hour!

Angela Harlem said:
And here I misread thinking you were getting paving in the SHAPE of naples.

:tsk:

..And I did wonder why.

Speaking of things unrelated, during an unemployed phase once, i was considering getting a bobcat licence. They make like $200 an hour!

You can get a stack a work with one......hurry up and get one so you can move the horrendous amount of blue metal that is about to be delivered in my backyard on Friday!

Back
Top Bottom