Happy 25th Birthday, Compact Disc!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Long live the CD....

Let's hope this digital music revolution bullshit dies in the arse so the CD can once again prosper and take pride of place in music stores across the planet.

:ohmy: I'm amazed so many of you can remember your 1st cd! I guess my memory is just cruddy :(
I must admit when cd's came out I rebelled against them for the longest time and bought vinyl as long as I could. Cd's are definitely cool now though. So happy birthday cd, thanks for making me feel old! Maybe if I go look at my cd collection I can figure out my first one... :hmm:

Wow I think I already figured it out! I believe it was Elton John's Greatest Hits, to replace my worn out vinyl version. (Quickly followed by all the rest of his early records to replace those vinyls as well.)

Last edited:
hooray for cds! i feel kinda weird now when im the only person at the cd section at best buy (i know they are evil but we've got zippy indie music stores around me, so necessary evil) funny, because i always thought vinyl 'purists' were weirdos when i was getting cds in the early 90s (some tapes too; i still have a cassette player in my car, lol)

don't get me wrong, i love downloading music, but there's no way im paying for music that is of lower sound quality; plus i prefer my music in physical form and with accompanying artwork. stay strong cd purists!

i remember the first cd i bought, but im not saying what it is (i wish i was joking, but im not)

Back
Top Bottom