Half.com and Used Cds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
I just stumbled across this site...why should I pay full price if I can pay less? :D :wink: Now, the question is, how credable is this site? Can I trust the merchandise I'm getting, or should i be wary? Any tips?
(Ebay virgin)

i've gotten good stuff off half.com.

i'm warning you though. once you start you can't stop.

and whatever you do stay away from amazon.com used cd's.

:crack: X 100

i dont need another addiction, i already spend too much on cd's and concert tix......

damned economy, why cant I be rich, or at least be a good thief.......

:angry:

I love half.com. I've ordered tons of stuff from there (probably more than the amount of new cds I've bought recently) and I've never had a problem. If anything, the stuff I've gotten is better than was described on the website and usually comes really quickly. But you should always make sure the seller doesn't have too many negatives, just to be safe.

But like Screamer said, it will become your new crack.

:crack: half :crack:

I have gotten CDs and books from Half.com and have never had a problem. I always order stuff that is in "like new" condition and everything has been in great shape.

I got my copy of "Wide Awake in America" on there. It was listed as "like new" condition, and it was. There was not one scratch on it :up:

The only thing I would advise is, check out the feedback of the seller before you purchase. I'm paranoid so I always do that!

I looked at it. Doesnt really seem like that good of deals to me, once you incorporate shipping, the cd's end up being the same price as you could get them at a cheap cd store like Circuit City.

It really depends on what cd you're looking at. For some cds, yes, they're not much (if at all) cheaper and it's just a needless risk to order it from half. But many times I've found like new cds that cost $5-$7 with shipping and, to me, that's a significant enough savings to warrant ordering it there instead of paying full price at a cd store. Also, I've found out of print cds there that I can't find anywhere else.

And as far as Circuit City goes, I find what I'm looking for there about once every 10 times I go. But maybe the stores have a better selection around you.

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
I just stumbled across this site...why should I pay full price if I can pay less? :D :wink:

There are some excellent used CD stores in Toronto, you just have to be persistent and go often if you're looking for something specific. They're cheaper than Half.com, there is no shipping, and you can often get a deal (ie. trade, etc). I prefer that, and you can actually see the case, the CD, check if it's scratched and so on.

Back
Top Bottom