Hair lengths on females...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Short, long, mid length.

• Long hair is the best

Votes: 29 33.0%
  • Short hair is awful

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • I think it is great for women to experiment with hair lengths and styles

Votes: 36 40.9%
  • Who gives a shit

Votes: 16 18.2%

• Total voters
^she beat me to the punch :mad: :wink: I think it depends on the person ad their features, etc., so I abstained from the vote

btw, I have shoulder length...

^ yeah, same here, mostly.
I do think women should expeirment in order to find out what looks best for that individual, or what she prefers.

But I voted for long hair.
:uhoh:

Okay, so Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday:

Long:

RomanAnn2.jpg

Short:

sterling-movies-roman-holiday.jpg

I think the lesson is: if you look like Audrey Hepburn, it doesn't matter what the fuck you have on your head, you'll probably look beautiful anyway.

No advice for everyone else, sorry.

Well I had it to the middle of my back, curly long natural hair and I loved it. Then in March my hair started to break and fall out. Most of my long hair is gone and I am devestated. Also men treat my different and not in a positive way. So I guess I am dateless for another year or so because it takes forever for my hair to grow back. :(

I prefer shorter hair on my wife (just above the shoulder).

My 5-year old daughter, however, has hair down to her lower back. It is gorgeous, but takes time every evening to comb out.

My hair has always been shorter, but only because it's fine and when it gets long I don't have the energy or willpower to mess with it for the length of time it would need to make it look good. Usually it's above my shoulder. I could grow it longer and get it permed and it would look ok, but I don't want to start doing that to my hair again.

I don't look good with short hair. I like my medium to long hair.

The reason why I'm afraid of getting my hair cut short again is when my lovely(not) hairstylist decided to cut my hair so short and uneven. It was so embarrassing and I had it done for my college graduation.

What a mess. :|

I've got short hair. With spikes in the back and I love it. I dries in 5-10 minutes and dressing them does not take any longer :wink:
Cool hair style MissVelvetDress ! :D
This is mine (well, this is me too...err.) :
Picture228.jpg

Thanks lol It's gonna make this summer 2 years that I have it... I change some stuff sometimes. Those hair are so easy to take care off, you have no idea ! Only some gel and spray and up ! 2 times in a day to be sure... :)

I'm a girl and I had my hair cut really short a couple years ago. :yuck: it didn't work for me at all...I have really, really curly and thick hair, so I basically had a white girl afro *shudders to think about it* I grew it back out and now it's around the middle of my back, most of the time I wear it up though, I haven't found something easy enough for me to use and that would control the frizz.

namkcuR pretty much said what I was going to. I prefer long hair on women so I voted for option 1. But even shoulder-length or hair like Winona's in that pic are fine... but any shorter than that is too boyish! :no:

Sicy said:
I usually like to see mid length to long hair on women.

However, there are some women who I think look great with short hair. Depends on the person, their facial features, the cut, style etc.

:up: I've had short hair (the same cut as that Winona Ryder picture), and long hair (currently tailbone length). Mid-back length was by far the easiest length to manage for me.

Last edited:
Some women look stunning with short hair, like Audrey Hepburn and Winona Ryder. I guess it helps if you have beautiful, delicate facial features. I look absolutely awful with short hair myself and haven't worn it shorter than shoulder length in years. If I could get away with it I would certainly consider wearing it shorter. Long hair can be miserable in the summer, especially if you have unruly hair that won't stay in a ponytail.

i'm thirding, etc. everyone else has said that girls who can pull off short hair is :up:

me personally? my hair's usually never shorter than around my shoulders. i keep trying to grow it back longer (four years ago it was about halfway down my back) again but i lose patience and chop it shorter again.

i do remember the whole reason i cut it shorter in the first place was because having it that long gave me constant knots in my hair. so next time i went in to get my hair dyed i asked my stylist what she suggested and we chopped like 6-8" off my hair that day :yes: :yikes:

Hairstyle is a personal thing...women wear their hairstyle whichever way makes them feel best about their self image, or however their SO likes it (to please them). Personally I like longer but I have also had short hair. I like the option of pulling it back or up.

Mr BAW looks lovely in short curly hair and I especially love the Vertigo cap :up:

I love the short hairstyle MissVelvetDress and Vervex described.

I have changed my hair in the past year so much it's been ridiculous. My roomies went to beauty school...so it's been long and brown, short with normal highlights, longer with blonde and red, extensions with blonde, shorter with blond highlights and now midlength all blonde with rockstar shaggy layers and a fringe. :huh:

Oh yes, one thing that I apply as a universal law when critiquing hair (yes, I can see the :rolleyes:s now, but nevertheless.....)

... is that natural has the upperhand. You don't need to color it every which color, or extensions, or this or that or everything else. I know some women who feel they need to curl and twist and do everything under the sun to their hair, and, while I respect their effort and stuff, so many times I feel it looks better the less she does to it. This applies to makeup, too.

I have nothing against wanting to dress up special for an extra special occasion, but for more general purposes, i tend to believe less is best.

PS: though I understand that sometimes even an appearance of 'not doing much to one's hair' can often take a lot of work, so ...... :hmm:

about two years ago I had really long hair, past my waist - and had it blonde. I had been keeping it long, like to the middle of my back. Then I decided to grow it out and donate it after my wedding. I thought that I would never look good with short hair. I cut about 16inches off, so that it was just sitting at my collar, and stripped the blonde out so that I was red again. I loved it like that, and so did my husband. Now I'm starting to think that I may grow it out a bit again. I always still layer it etc though to give it some style. And I have wispy bangs. Trust me, the bangs look better.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom